Mafia Universe Championships - Let's enter this year

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I was in the Finals 2 years ago, am I allowed to even play again?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 17, 2022 2:46 pm

Was it 2 or 3 years now, actually, I forget.

Doesn't matter, same question.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:35 pm

Given you're representing another site, Koba, I don't know if I feel all that comfortable with you being the one to organize or make decisions on shortlists. Like, don't you have a vested interest given you'll be playing in who you play with?

Doubly since you're not representing this community.

I feel like the way to do this is to ask people who might want to have their name in the ring volunteer, and if more than 2 people volunteer we can have people talk about it/decide and worst case scenario if we must, have some kind of poll.

But I'm not super happy with the limited scope of your decisions of who you think is good enough, doubly when you're slated to be playing this season and representing outside our community.

So let's put out a request for volunteers, how about we start there?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:46 pm

My point is that "pushing to get MS to send nominees" and "shortlisting and having a weighted hand in who those nominees are" is two different things and had you only done one we wouldn't be having this conversation right now but you set yourself up as an expert and authority, made claims and choices with that authority, trampled on someone giving a nomination you didn't agree with and are more or less putting a timer on making the choices with what it seems is like your control and purview.

None of this is okay. You did your job. MS will send 2 nominees to MU champs. I would like it if as a person nominated to play somewhere else (and also apparently doing similar outreach elsewhere) if you recused yourself from discussions and nominations and let things go from here.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 2:47 pm

In post 32, DkKoba wrote:
In post 17, Menalque wrote:I think Prism is being sincere fwiw, and N_M is actually really very good if trying

Cabd and pooky would both make sense, so would notty, skitter, and nsg if they were interested. Alyssa too if she’s playing again
In post 11, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think Cabd or Pooky would probably be good representatives for us out of the initial suggestions
So far, CabD and Pooky have 3 votes and are nominated to be the nomination.

We also need a backup as well btw.

Feel free to nominate or nth anyone you see fit, except people who have declined to enter.

People who have actively declined so far: Prism, Skitter30

N_M also has 2 nominations. Please stop what you are doing here.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:03 pm

In post 36, fferyllt wrote:I second Prism's nomination of not_mafia.
I third Prism's nomination of Not_Mafia.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #39 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:08 pm

In post 39, DkKoba wrote:well the thread has been up for a week, I have posted it in the discord, and there is literally a deadline for submissions, so sure, I can remove the deadline if people are so sensitive to it.

The point is to gather a nomination pool that is easy to create and then go into a further, longer term, stage of eliminating them.

Also please stop making the fact I am competing for another community a point because it literally does not mean I will sabotage MS. You are implying that it will by making it a point.
And we are saying that we are uncomfortable with you unilaterally making that decision on how we go about this in GENERAL and even more uncomfortable with the ethics of the situation given you are slated to be playing and we don't care if you think we're implying you'd sabotage us or not, but rather that being in that situation to begin with is the uncomfortable bit.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:12 pm

In post 41, Bell wrote:Shouldn’t the people in question be asked first before voting on them.
This would be my preference too. I think we should seek volunteers who WANT to play, then nominate/vote/discuss among those excited participants.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #50 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:19 pm

In post 50, AniX wrote:I don't think there is anything wrong with you going "I think this would be a good method of deciding". But when you speak with authority as to how it is going to be run, complete with soliciting and composing the list and setting deadlines, you create the risk of people who otherwise might weigh in with a different method of deciding or different thoughts on how it should be run feeling the decision has already been made. We already see here good faith criticism with how your process works and you arguing back on that criticism. That's great and debate makes the system stronger, but that process gets cut short when you post in the manner you originally did.

Also, it isn't about anyone believing you are going to sabotage. I don't think anyone does. It is simply a matter of creating an environment that is most welcoming to the most amount of voices and someone competing for another team running "tryouts" for this site simply...does not do that. I don't play a ton of sports so this metaphor might get away from me, but even if you trust another coach not to sabotage, you still wouldn't let them set your lineup. You are absolutely a member of this community except in the limited scope of this competition.
This. These are the words I wanted. TY

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:22 pm

In post 52, DkKoba wrote:I think you all confused "nominate someone" for "force them to play".

My plan was to contact anyone who received a 2nd nom (which I was going to do now for CabD+Pooky)

Since not every player camps active threads, especially some that are very good nominations.

But sure, if the majority of active people here want to do volunteers I will simply send out a mass PM to people I think would be interested and do well and we can go from there. I will wipe the OP and start from that.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #54 (isolation #10) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:23 pm

Oops.

I meant to say that I would prefer a new thread made by the Mod Team with a Sticky on it.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #60 (isolation #11) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:29 pm

In post 58, DkKoba wrote:
In post 55, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oops.

I meant to say that I would prefer a new thread made by the Mod Team with a Sticky on it.
Why?
Because the Mod Team isn't going to be playing, has the official capacity to mail people and have authority and weight behind it without any ethics issues and because they're the ones in the end who have to submit the nominations to MU anyway so I think having them organize the thing sounds like a very good plan.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:29 pm

In post 60, fferyllt wrote:
In post 48, Bell wrote:I just want whoever participates to have fun and wants to be there. *points at Andante*
That person looks like they have both.

So like. +1 Andante.
+1N_M as a joke.
I'm not joking about N_M. I think he'd be a great rep if he wants to do it.

I was a little bothered about the way the nomination of N_M was dismissed.
Same.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #64 (isolation #13) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:31 pm

In post 63, fferyllt wrote:I think Prism would also be a great rep.
Prism declined interest, but I agree.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #67 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:39 pm

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:
In post 61, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 58, DkKoba wrote:
In post 55, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oops.

Why?
Because the Mod Team isn't going to be playing, has the official capacity to mail people and have authority and weight behind it without any ethics issues and because they're the ones in the end who have to submit the nominations to MU anyway so I think having them organize the thing sounds like a very good plan.
I told mods explicitly that I would help organize so they would not have extra work in organizing this, so you should frankly not offload this work to mods
just because I am trying to make decisions.
Yeah this is the problem part, and I'm not really comfortable with this idea that this is offloading. Or that you did this just so the mods don't have to do extra work.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #78 (isolation #15) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 3:58 pm

In post 71, DkKoba wrote:I do not see why you are so against me, when this is simply clerical work and organizing info into 1 place and updating a thread.

I am not someone who is immune to input, as I've already even updated the OP to reflect the requested self nom system(something I feel was something you pushed for your own self interest due to your self nom being inserted and nobody nominating you) - But At the end of the day I am not choosing who goes, I am definitely offering my input and discussion however and you will not silence me as an active player.
Kay so a few things.

First of all, I'm not against you, I'm for Ethics. But since you seem determined to take this personally and make it personal by insulting me, lemme go down the line a bit here.

I never volunteered. I asked a question wondering if I even could play again, both as a method of saying "I am a person who also had MU Champs experience" and because I was genuinely curious if I could because if I want to play, I'd probably rep Liar's Club again. I have 0 interest in Repping MS on MU, or playing on MU again.

Your insult here is proof why you should not have any hand in this decision whatsoever. You took a valid ethics concern backed by moderation and chose violence to insult me instead. You have in the process of this thread insulted Prism, N_M and myself.

It is not okay to act as you have because people are uncomfortable with how you are handling things.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #81 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:00 pm

In post 78, Ythan wrote:I firmly trust that Koba is not trying to undermine MS but I also agree with LLD that there is a conflict of interest here. That's not a judgment of Koba, who I feel has done a nice thing by making this thread, at all, it's just the reality of the circumstances.
This was my point from jump, yes. It's morphed a bit given the pushback I've been given by Koba but, yes this was the original concern and still is a concern. ty.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #83 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 4:03 pm

In post 83, DkKoba wrote:If you wish to discuss things like that, bringing them up in this thread is not appropriate.
This is absolutely the thread to bring up conflicts of interest about your control over MU Champs nominations.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us

Return to “Mafia Discussion”