Mafia Engine Tool Development

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:34 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Livestream for this week will be done at around 7am instead of the regular 9am AEST. This is due to planning a day out with my friends and family
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Sat May 14, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I haven't livestreamed for a month, this is due to my shifts at work being all messed up. I am now getting back to a steady schedule, but instead of Monday mornings it will be Tuesday mornings around 9am AEST that I will be livestreaming.

However, this does not mean I haven't been working on this tool in the meantime. I have changed the overall infastructure as I believe it to be much better for the enduser. I'm hosting the frontend and backend seperately, this is due to the fact that I want the frontend to notify the end user if a server is down where otherwise that wouldn't happen (as the frontend is fetched through the server). This also means that I won't have to pay as much to keep the backend alive 24/7 as I would have to otherwise.

New Functionality

Due to the fact that I am changing codebase, and that I didn't have the full functionality up and running anyway I am going to start small and make sure that it's as fleshed out as possible before adding extra functionality.

Going forward, you will be required to log in through Discord as well as be in the MafiaScum discord server. This is how I am going to verify that you are an actual user to avoid people abusing the API. I will also be rate-limitting to avoid extenuious stress on my servers, and spammed automation through my automated bot.

The following list is the order of functionality that will be added. If you wish to be notified of any of these individually once completed, feel free to reply here or send me a DM.
  1. You can register a game. This will allow you to enter all needed data such as players for my tool to use instead of the usual way of putting it in the first post of a thread.
  2. After registering a game, you can request a replacement through my site and it'll automatically post the request in the replacements thread (I have gotten permission to do this), it will contain a link to a direct DM with all hosts and the appropriate subject/message so they'll just need to hit send.
  3. With a registered game, you can request a vote count through my site and this will count up the votes with the data my tool already has. This can either give you the formatted post to copy+paste into the thread, or I can post it automatically through my Mafia Engine account.
I do apologies for how long I have been working on this without a production version ready. I will be working hard to make sure that one thing works before I continue to the next, I keep falling into shiny object syndrome.

Thanks for your continued support :)
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Mon May 16, 2022 4:07 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

<3
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
NashedPotato
NashedPotato
They/Them
Townie
NashedPotato
They/Them
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Sun May 22, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by NashedPotato »

ego

JacksonVirgo's new main.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Tue May 24, 2022 9:50 am

Post by MathBlade »

Had the same issue with my VoteCounter plan it out slow and steady.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Mafia Discussion”