Why don’t more mods allow hydras?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 1, RH9 wrote:I think that it might be because hydras take up a single slot while if the players in the hydra split, they'd take up more slots.
This is assuming that we're talking about neither Normal nor Secret Alt games.
I’m not, I understand why normals don’t allow them and I’m fine with flying solo in secret alt games but in larges especially where mech complexity is involved, I worry I’ll just get overwhelmed and confused if I can’t discuss this with someone else. Hell, if the no hydra mods even allowed 2 heads with one silent one, that would still be better than playing solo but optimally I prefer someone who’s active if possible and pretty much that most of my hydra experiences have been really good.

I also find playing in a hydra a lot more fun, so this greatly saddens me. :(
But mainly I like talking about the game with someone I know I can trust.
In post 3, Enchant wrote:Because they want so.

Also, not everyone find it fun to argue with slot which have two heads yelling at them and having free advantage at hiding self, because reading hydra can be harder.
In post 4, Ythan wrote:I see a lot of advantage in being hydraed that could be seen as unfair.
In post 5, Nero Cain wrote:Hydra technically break the "don't talk about ongoing games" rule. To touch on Enchants point, 2 (or more) heads with differing views on the game can make a game exhausting. A lot of people already complain that larges have too many voices, now imagine a large full of hydra. I get that most games that already do limit hydra but yeah...
I would play in an all hydra large normal with complex mechanics. I don't think it's impossible to sort that, I think it's just difficult to sort and would probably require good Townplay and taking better notes than usual. The advantage is that if played well then some of the Town slots will really overperform compared to those run by individual players in a non-hydra large normal. There would be a lot of players involved so running a normal large game like this and messaging people about it could be a good way to attract players back to the site.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:09 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Would the situation improve at all if each head of the hydra were subject to an individual activity requirement?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”