Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4842 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 4839, kuribo wrote:I've long toyed with doing a series of games in what would be called Chaos Mode.

This would be a bastard style modification, for reasons that will become clear. It will also be extremely swingy and impossible to balance, but it might be fun:

Chaos Mode: The moderator begins with a list of any number of game states or status effects. The player base is not aware of the nature of these status effects. At the start of each day and each night, the moderator rolls a dice and announces the subsequent change to the gamestate. Some examples might be: "Everyone is Loved," "You all get a gun!" "Talk Like a Pirate!" "Explosions!" "A hot potato appears!" "No Night Nuesday!" "WTF now the dead can vote?!" And so on.

Furthermore, the first game I would run with this modification would probably be another I've long dreamed of running: "Oops! All Dreaming Gods." Every player is a dreaming god. Every player gets vague names of ten to twenty abilities. No player knows what their abilities do. Chaos Mode may illuminate their abilities to themselves, to others, to the thread at large, may cause them to swap abilities with other people, and so on.

For obvious reasons, the game would be very swingy and potentially unbalanced. I suppose I wouldn't suggest anyone join unless they hate themselves or just want to putz around in a really weird game.

Would there be interest?
OK If I
DONT
pre-in for this theres going to be a lot of questions asked :P
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4911 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:56 am

I am picking up my modding hat again, and I am preparing Episode 2 in my Chrono Trigger Mafia series.

Semi-open setup based on Council style games, I have a lot of the framework but have changed my original plan for balance towards a more traditional game.

I had more than enough pre-ins for it, but as its like 18 months later, would anyone be interested?

Also if someone wants to just sanity/balance check one or two smol changes for me that would be appreciated.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4913 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:50 am

So it has been suggested to me a Bastard JOAT uPick might be of interest.

It would not be remotely balanced.

Part of in would require you to submit 3 actions, maximum 1 modifier. If anyone else has that action, everyone loses that action. You gain 2 maybe 3 shots of that action.

If anyone here is familiar with Deck Mafia, it may sound oddly familiar :p

Return to “Mafia Discussion”