Replacing out

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #93 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Anyone happen to have stats on DGB's claim that replace outs are very disproportionately done by scum?
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #114 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 05, 2023 5:33 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I will make no claims that things are the same in the present era as when I left off, however, the experience of myself and all of the good scum players I was close to back in 2015-2019 is that being a player who is known for being good at scum creates a lot of really really negative experiences in games. It creates toxicity that wouldn't otherwise be there, it makes your experience as town a lot less enjoyable when you're kicking and struggling to be not scumread, it makes every scum game feel like a lot more of an uphill battle than it would otherwise have been. It also creates a lot of 'dragonslayer' experiences with players who insist on deathtunneling you any time you coexist in the same space in the hopes of being able to take you out for great glory. I don't know if this is still the case but I think that to motivate players to want to be really good at scum people would need to have healthier ways to counterplay them than they did in the past. Removing the stick can be a lot more effective than adding carrots.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”