Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1476 (isolation #0) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:14 am

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:I'm thinking about a large
Alien
theme game.

All role PMs would be posted on the first page. Many of the townies would have a one-shot or two-shot vig ability, most scum (Aliens) would start out as Facehuggers, and Adult aliens would require more than one successful vig or lynch to die.

A possible role PM
Facehugger wrote: You are a nasty Alien with players XXXX, YYYY, and ZZZZ. You are an Alien Facehugger. Once per game you may post "Hug: (target player)" which will immediately end the day. During any subsequent day or twilight period (after the first) you may post "Burst!" which will result in the death of the hugged player and immediately end the day. After a successful Burst! post you will receive the Juvenile Alien role PM, and assume that role. You win when only Aliens remain in the ship.
each Juvenile Alien would have a NK, and Adult Aliens would have a NK and be really hard to kill.

Balance issues will be tricky, and I would prefer to collaborate with a more experienced mod in designing and running the game.
I had a friend running an alien game. He had one master alien who could do one of the following things during the night:
At night you can choose to infect a player. Target infected player and give them a choice to join you are die. Kill target player.
Those were pretty much the 3 choices.
The regular aliens basically got to chose to kill target player at night.
He also had an MIB agent to help take down the alien. It was pretty fun. Alien's won the first game. Town won the second. He is still working on ways to balance the town/alien/ mafia. Yes it was alien vs. town. vs mafia. Like I said fun, but crazy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1499 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:36 am

Post by farside22 »

I've got awhile to go before I could mod a game here, but I had a theme based idea. I called it
Serial Killer Mafia
. It would be based on horror movie characters such as Freddy, Jason, and Michael Myers and their rivals (Nancy and Jamie Lee's character). I thought about this more as serial killers obviously, but my one problem is how to not have the SK's each do a kill each night. I have a doctor and sheriff. The thought that the if the SK's target their rivals the rivals won't die. What I mean is Freddy can't kill Nancy, but Jason could. The town wins if the serial killers are dead. The SK wins if he is the last one standing.
Any thoughts or opinions would be apprieciated.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:
farside22 wrote:The thought that the if the SK's target their rivals the rivals won't die. What I mean is Freddy can't kill Nancy, but Jason could.
Hmmm, it's an interesting (and possibly balancing) influence on typical SK-only game designs. I wonder if it'll tip things too far over toward the town though...
That is what I was trying to do is find a balance so it's not easy killing for the SK's and not too difficult either. I was thinking 3 SK's, 1 sheriff, 1 doctor, 3 rival characters, 4 townies. No role reveal either then town would win no matter what.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1510 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by farside22 »

Adel wrote:i'm working on my first theme game, which should start in about three months.

I'm thinking about calling it
Adel's Nightmare Mafia

fairytale wonderland | horrible nightmare | psychotic break

it is like a game of mafia played through a fun-house mirror during a lunar eclipse a couple of hours after eating handfuls of weird purple mushroom you found in a cow pasture

it is like the dreams of Dorothy while she was collapsed in the poppy field while she was in the Land of OZ

what is a game played within a dream of a dream like?

all
possible
role PMs would be posted in the initial post, like in an open game.
The flavor would be creative and intense, and not at all appropriate for those under the age of 18 (21 in some Southern states).

No weird mechanics -- just some
sick
flavor.

would there be any interest in such a game?
That sounds really good. I would be in.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1659 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Well I see Stewie was trying to see if anyone was interested in Family Guy mafia and no one said much. Does anyone know if he ever successfully did the Fox TV show mafia?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1708 (isolation #5) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:54 am

Post by farside22 »

So I had this dream last night that gave me an interesting idea for mafia. It would have to be a large game (which I can't run anytime soon).

Basic idea is battle of the sexes.
Men vs Women on who is the better scum hunter.

Here is how it would work I'm thinking 9 or 10 on each team.
The women would have to figure out of the 9 or 10 guys which ones were the scum and vis versa. The team that figures out who is scum first has bragging rights on which sex is the better scum hunters.
Thought?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1710 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:12 am

Post by farside22 »

Mr. Flay wrote:Wait, farside, who is the scumgroup in that game?
Sounds more like two invitationals, gender-restricted.
There would be 2 to 3 scum in each group. You know the hockey game that was going on. Well it would be two groups like that except in one game and the guys would vote on which woman they thought was scum and the women would vote on which guys was scum. Majority causes the lynch. So that means two lynches a day and 2 NK's. One from the women and one from the men.
The one thing I thought of on this is I could see people trying to quick lynch to cause confusion however I think giving the team 24 hours to lynch someone or having a no lynch will solve that issue.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1715 (isolation #7) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:57 am

Post by farside22 »

The Fonz wrote:Actually, farside, i was considering asking a permission to run an invitational entitled 'fonzie's favorite ladies' for female scummers only.
That sounds fine. I just thought a battle of the sexes would be interesting to watch/ play/ mod.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1720 (isolation #8) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:05 am

Post by farside22 »

NabakovNabakov wrote:
farside22 wrote:So I had this dream last night that gave me an interesting idea for mafia. It would have to be a large game (which I can't run anytime soon).

Basic idea is battle of the sexes.
Men vs Women on who is the better scum hunter.

Here is how it would work I'm thinking 9 or 10 on each team.
The women would have to figure out of the 9 or 10 guys which ones were the scum and vis versa. The team that figures out who is scum first has bragging rights on which sex is the better scum hunters.
Thought?
Wouldn't work (at least not like that)

The scum wouldn't be scummy. They'd be trying just as hard as the townies of their sex to identify the other scum. They don't have to accuse or be accused by anyone they're interacting with, they don't really have any extra information (thus nixing "informed minority), and there would be no penalty for being right. They wouldn't even have an incentive to kill at night, considering that it keep their party larger.

What you're talking about is a game of Battleship.
They would be killing someone on the other side so yes there is an incentive to NK's and lynches. I can see the game being non informitive, but I can also see the chaos. I think if people play like they normally do they have a better chance at winning, but who knows.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1723 (isolation #9) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:59 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:Nab's just afraid the guys will lose.
Does that mean most of the guys will shot this down because they are afraid of the challenge. :lol:
I think this idea came because of DGB's post in general topics about mafia playing. If anyone is up for a challenge like this it would be her. :wink:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1777 (isolation #10) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:I think I'll gauge interest for a Soap Opera Mafia. I'm american, so it'll probably be One Life To Live or General Hospital.
I'm surprised you aren't trying to do a reality show mafia game of your own at this point. :D
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1779 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:09 am

Post by farside22 »

hasdgfas wrote:I know that someone already did them, but would anyone be interested if I were to run a game for each of the 5 books in the Hitchhiker's Trilogy?
Yes, yes and yes. Loved the book.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1780 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:25 am

Post by farside22 »

When I have enough mod experience I'm thinking of doing a large theme game based on cartoons from 1990's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmcKGcKW ... re=related
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1801 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:17 am

Post by farside22 »

orangepenguin wrote:Has there ever been a Harry Potter Mafia? If not, there should be.
There was a while ago.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1803 (isolation #14) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Just because I didn't see it anywhere. I am planning on running The Princess Bride as a mini theme mafia game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1806 (isolation #15) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:
farside22 wrote:Just because I didn't see it anywhere. I am planning on running The Princess Bride as a mini theme mafia game.
Chelo. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

EDIT: by which I mean I'd definitely play, though it wouldn't be hard to break with role claims, and there aren't a lot of characters to choose from...
I'm not going to allow role claiming. It just wouldn't be fun if you couldn't have fun with the characters a bit. Also it is an 11 player game. :wink:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1808 (isolation #16) » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 am

Post by farside22 »

shaft.ed wrote:
Korts wrote:
farside22 wrote:Just because I didn't see it anywhere. I am planning on running The Princess Bride as a mini theme mafia game.
Chelo. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

EDIT: by which I mean I'd definitely play, though it wouldn't be hard to break with role claims, and there aren't a lot of characters to choose from...
But there are quite a few non-characters that could be added like
The priest at the wedding ceremony
giant rats
castle guard
pirate
white stallion
Weren't their sea monsters?

You could even be inanimate objects like the pill that saved Wesley or Inigo Montoya's sword. Or characters that didn't exist like Inigo Montoya's zombie father.
Things to ponder. Thanks Shaft.ed!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1810 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:53 am

Post by farside22 »

Korts wrote:EBWOP: sorry, farside, it's been done.
Ooo mine is very different then his. Hmm I may still do it. Why not right?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1907 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:20 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Subliminal Messaging Mafia

In order to use their abilities at night, players must sneak certain phrases into their posts.

Like this:
PokerFace wrote:Written Day Cult Recruiter: You are a cult recruiter, but you do not recruit players at night via PMing me with a choice. Instead you can only recruit one player durring each day by typeing "recruit playername" in thread. You don't have to bold it, you just must type those words together so pretty much when you die and turn up cult, all your recruits can be found pretty easily. If you try to recruit an anti-town player, the recruitment will fail. You can not be killed at Night (Mafia Kills fail on you). You can talk to your recruits at any time. You win when you control a majority of the town or nothing can be done to prevent this.
Except, they would have to sneak it into every post they make. Every power role would have to do this.
That would be awesome. I would so play.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1911 (isolation #19) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:02 am

Post by farside22 »

Now that I successfully modded two mini games. Would people be interested in a large theme game of Family Guy?
I'm also thinking not just family guy, but having all of Fox's Sunday line up in a large theme game.
So it would have:

King of the Hill
Family Guy
Simpsons
American Dad
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1924 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Fyi: Claiming Drawn Together Mafia. Next mini mafia in the works. This is many months away. (about 3 to 4 months) Sex, drugs, nudity and racial comments. Don't play if you are easily offended.
That is all.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1926 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:13 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:Xtoxm: somehow it's different. Isn't doubleheading where both people play under the same name? Everyone plays under their own account.

farside22! You have a child! jk...
And he will never ever be able to watch that show till he is 15. :P
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1929 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

Post by farside22 »

skitzer wrote:Oh. No fun.

farside: I was 15 one month ago...I didn't even know it was a show.
Well let me educate you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drawn_Together

Show is on comedy central and wrong doesn't even describe this show.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2065 (isolation #23) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:35 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Amnesia Mafia

(for people who hate re-reading)

Every night, the previous day's posts are deleted. Town power roles can choose to save certain posts (like maybe 5 maximum). Scum power role can save and alter a post (sort of like a frame, although editing in "I'm da scum" would probably not work).

I'd like to be able to bring back all the posts at the end, so people could see how well they remembered things, but don't know if that's possible.

Also, I know there is nothing to stop players from copying the posts into their own document and rereading that way. But I think I can allow that and just say that you can't quote anything that has been deleted. So, you can reread it for yourself if you're willing to do all that extra work, but you can't use quotes from it to build a case in the game.
IN!!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2068 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:51 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:Woo! My first pre-in!
I really hate going back and reading things. :lol:
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2071 (isolation #25) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:06 am

Post by farside22 »

elvis_knits wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:If players have a log that really defeats the purpose. I'd just use the honors system to be sure people aren't keeping a log. There are so many ways to cheat in this game, the honor of playing by the rules is really what keeps it going.
I think it's okay if people keep a log, as long as they know they can't quote the log in the game. They can paraphrase or whatever, but since there is no record in the game, they might be lying. WIFOM?

As for replacements... I've replaced into games that were bordering on 100 pages and told everyone I didn't plan on reading the game. I think it's actually sort of fun because it's so much easier to replace when you don't have to reread. Although, maybe not everyone feels the same way. You can ask the other players to give you a recap, and then they argue if someone is skewing the recap... it can be a way to find scum actually, if people don't give faithful recaps.
Just ask people to be commited and if they think they will flake not to sign up. Just as a courtesy.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2078 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:56 am

Post by farside22 »

Alright I started thinking about my next mini game. I am going to do something nuts (what else is new) different (so) and weird (what's normal?).
Well it needs some work to figure everything out.

The game is
Betrayal at house on mafia hill

Based off the board game.
Yes that does mean someone will turn or is a traitor (Hahahaha)
Is the traitor part of the mafia or a town person?
Will the rooms you pick give you something to help fight, heal or survive the game or will it be part of your doom.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2353 (isolation #27) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:11 am

Post by farside22 »

As soon as Bang is over I will finally have the Princess Bride ready for the mini theme. Looking forward to see it run fully. Hope all those who love the movie join.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2381 (isolation #28) » Fri May 07, 2010 8:31 am

Post by farside22 »

supernatural the mafia game
coming to a large theme game soon

I'm waiting for the season finale, but I have a few thoughts in my head. I expect maybe getting it all set up in the next 2 months.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #2773 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:52 am

Post by farside22 »

Hey,

I'm thinking of an idea and need someone who is good with balancing games.
If you can help, please shot me a PM.
Also if the game works out I will need a back up mod just for the sake of having one because it's required for Large Theme Games.

Just that quickly I got 2 offers. Thanks for the PM Fonz and Zor!
Last edited by farside22 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3039 (isolation #30) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:20 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm a cartoon fanatic (in case anyone missed the Simpson mafia or family guy mafia or drawn together, ect).

I'm thinking of doing a mafia game based on the new scooby doo series. (yes I know it's been done to death, but this scooby actually has an on-going storyline).
My other thought is bring out some old school cartoon characters from the 80's. Yes there is a list of characters.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #3041 (isolation #31) » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:33 am

Post by farside22 »

ooba wrote:
farside22 wrote:My other thought is bring out some old school cartoon characters from the 80's. Yes there is a list of characters.

Just looked it up - lots of great cartoons!
I'm guessing Large theme?

/Pre-in if this is happening ..

Yes it would have to be a large theme. I started working on something close last year, but got busy over time.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4028 (isolation #32) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:34 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm planning a mini theme game that every game day you receive a new role PM.
I'm calling the game the time machine. Each game day there would be a different time period and different role PM's. There game would not allow for No Lynch (this is to prevent people from no lynching for a better role). So day one you may be a VT and the next day you may have a PR.
Alignment does not change, just the role PM.
I sort of had the idea of different time periods when i played Cut the rope game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4237 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:40 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 4236, PokerFace wrote:Upick Invitational = Upick X = game where mod picks a player and invites them to the game. That player picks another player and invites them to the game. This continues until all 11-13 slots are filled. Then all players pick 3 roles they want to be. Mod makes balanced setup based on roles

thoughts?

sounds like a popularity contest
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4241 (isolation #34) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 am

Post by farside22 »

Just had an awesome idea im claiming now.
In the works.
Twilight Zone mafia.
Large game, strange mechanic's in mind.
Co-mod and balancer will be needed.

*grins evil smile*
Last edited by farside22 on Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #4243 (isolation #35) » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:58 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 4242, Varsoon wrote:That'd be awesome. Mod flavor could be Rod Serling.

hell yes!

Return to “Mafia Discussion”