Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:26 am

Post by SinisterOverlord »

I'm thinking of giving Civilization mafia, based on the computer game series, a go again... I mentioned the idea a while back, but didn't get any reviewers.

It'd be a large theme game, for 20 people. Considerably different mechanics... please PM me if interested in reviewing it.
MUAHAHAHAHA!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 20, 2005 6:18 pm

Hm. Just realized that I put this in the wrong thread. Shoulda been in the setup review one. Oops.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:38 pm

Ha! Pirates and ninjas, I was contemplating myself. I'd definitely be in for that.
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #706 (isolation #3) » Sat Nov 12, 2005 5:38 pm

I'm contemplating a 'Spammer Mafia'. Basically, the idea is that players don't have any specific role to their character (other than mafia/town, and the mafia still have standard mafia powers). However, every night a player is given a night action depending on how much they've posted - the more, the more powerful. I'd utilize a hidden mechanic to determine what sort of action the person gets - so I can do things like count 'I'm here, reading the thread' posts for less and content-ful posts for more.

Obviously, this is intended to encourage a fairly fast-moving game.... thoughts? Would you play this? Do you think it could work?
SinisterOverlord
SinisterOverlord
Goon
SinisterOverlord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #708 (isolation #4) » Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:36 pm

Well, I was thinking more along the lines of everyone is a townie by default, and roles are determined by posting... Say, for example, it's a three person game - townie A, townie B, and scum C are playing. I've decided the night actions are, in order, cop investigation, doc protect, and none. Now if A ends up the most active, then C, then B, then A gets a cop investigation. C would get the doc protect, but he's scum, so he ignores it. And B, the least active, would get nothing. Just a quick example the sort of thing I was thinking.

But that way could also work... no townies, power of the roles determined by their activity - so, for instance, a cop could go from insane to standard to having their target's alignment revealed in the daybreak post.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”