Color = Black

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #41 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:34 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Codes are fine. In fact, there are a lot of situations where it's a good idea to use a code; usually as scum, but as town it can be a good idea as well. One example of where this worked well was a misetings game where two people both claimed "gunsmith", and both said they had found a person with a gun. When the town asked them both to reveal their results, person A said that he discovered a certain person had a gun; at which point person B demonstrated that he had planted a rather obscure code in an earlier message saying that the exact same person had a gun, and this let him confirm his gunsmith claim in a way he wouldn't have otherwise been able to. (Turns out, he actually was a scum gunsmith, but that's another story).

The only problem I might have about putting other kinds of invisible messages into posts is that if it became too common, it'd be annoying to have to go through and hit "quote" on every single post in the game to make sure you don't miss anything important. (shrug) More an annoyance factor then because it's unfair or unbalanced in any way. Not really a big deal, though.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:06 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Stewie wrote:You didn't decode the message - just the message telling you to decode the message. It's practically impossible, I'd be surprized if anyone gets it. However, I'll still give you guys some time to try before I show why I don't like hidden messages: it's not mafia anymore, but a game in which the person who thinks of the best way to hide a message wins. This is extremely true for the mafia, who can hide different claims in different messages, thus being able to "prove" their innocence.

(shrug) Just hinting at a claim using a code is a pretty weak way to back up a claim. It can help a little, because at least it shows that if it's a fake claim it's one you've been planning for a while, but it shouldn't matter much.

What can matter is for someome to use a code to hide an investigative result, like putting a code hinting at someone's role-name in a post before they claim, or something like that.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #65 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

LoudmouthLee wrote: (Note: Only been lynched Pro-Town ONCE in my life)

Note to self: Always vote for LML. If he ends up getting lynched, he probably deserved it.

;)
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #74 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:59 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Stewie wrote:The problem is that hiding a claim seems to work a lot. Hiding a result wouldn't work because the scum are just as likely to find it and kill you, so you might do it for nothing.
The goal here isn't to hide a claim that pro-town people will find; it's to hide a claim that NO ONE will find, until you go back and point it out and say "See! I already knew that Stewie's role was Oscar the Grouch, because I put "Oscar" in reverse order as the first letter of every other response I made to Stewie that happened on an even post number on on a Tuesday. Now do you believe I'm a role-cop?" (shrug) It can be effective, I've seen people prove their roles sucessfully and avoid getting lynched using methods like that before.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”