C9++ Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:53 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

With the way C9++ is setup now, the partial reveal is necessary for it to not be insanely town-sided. Non-partial reveals confirm way too much, just after one or two phases worth of flips. Innocent Child should probably be auto-confirmed D1 and not get to choose, because the longer they wait to reveal, the stronger town gets, and scum have no actual way of counterbalancing that.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I really like the idea of randomizing the setup yet having so many possibilities. I wish there were a way to expand this to other setups as well.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:05 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I really like the idea of randomizing the setup yet having so many possibilities. I wish there were a way to expand this to other setups as well.
Define "other setups".

IE, taking the mechanic that decides this setup and applying to maybe other roles, or even Large Normals, or something like that.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:52 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Vi wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:
Vi wrote:
xRECKONERx wrote:I really like the idea of randomizing the setup yet having so many possibilities. I wish there were a way to expand this to other setups as well.
Define "other setups".
IE, taking the mechanic that decides this setup and applying to maybe other roles, or even Large Normals, or something like that.
You can't really do this without the Semi-Open framework.

How and ever, you
can
find a way to randomly assign roles within a Semi-Open. After seeing how Semi-Opens get run in practice (moderator has cool idea, designs setup, throws random unrelated power roles in as ~possibilities~) I actually think it would be a cool experiment. The problem is getting the relative assurance of balance that C9++ gives you...

Almost everything in Maf. Holographica was determined randomly but it doesn't translate well to other games. :/

That's my main issue: balance. C9++ generally assures balance, and of course it's easy to roll random roles in other games, but the balance is what made C9++ so great.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mafia Discussion”