Limited Post Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #2 (isolation #0) » Mon Apr 08, 2002 4:54 am

Post by Antrax »

This sounds almost as bad as the silent mafia idea. What's the deal in a mafia game where you force everybody to be quiet? It'll tip the game seriously in the mafia's favour.Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 08, 2002 7:44 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, first of all it would be impossible to defend oneself. Secondly, I completely disagree with analyzing voting patterns as the main technique for hunting mafias. Thirdly, it would allow all mafias an automatic defense of I can't post to clear myself. It'll deny the town most of its information.Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Mon Apr 08, 2002 8:57 am

Post by Antrax »

But of course. Critising is what I do best Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:35 am

Post by Antrax »

One post? Oh yeah, that's clever.Player1: I chose Antrax at random. Vote: Antrax(Player 1 may never again say another thing today. If he's, say, a cop, who found Antrax out but wanted to survive, he could never reveal it in case the bandwagon doesn't work)Antrax: So, couldn't kill me at night mafia? Don't try to lynch me at day, either vote: Player1(Antrax is also barred from talking. Anyone at all can now accuse him of anything, no matter how outrageous, and unless Antrax has allies, he will be unable to defend himself AT ALL. Player1 also can't defend himself. The other players most likely vote for one of the two.)Nobody wants to come out during the first day, any accuser is leaving himself WIDE open for an counter-attack by the accused HE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO REPLY TO. I agree it'll be a very short game, though, and very fun if you happen to be on the mafia's side. Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #11 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 6:59 am

Post by Antrax »

A better way to eliminate long waits is doing short to insane (realtime mafia) time limits. Of course, that requires a lot of mod dedication. I dislike the basic idea of limiting your most potent, and often only, weapon, your posts.Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #13 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:09 am

Post by Antrax »

Beloved, it WAS tried. I suggest you ask the players how much they enjoyed the silent mafia, 35. Also, how fast it went.Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #15 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:13 am

Post by Antrax »

Don't worry, I won't sign up. As for don't post, I wasn't aware the game started already. I somehow must've mistaken this for a thread in a DISCUSSION board. My bad.Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #17 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:24 am

Post by Antrax »

Yeah, only as opposed to the brilliant way you put it, my posts contain reasoning, and examples, and the such. And I sort of interpereted if you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to play as shut up about it already. Now, don't make me sic Jeff K at you.Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #22 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:43 am

Post by Antrax »

Quote (Maybe Ant just like to talk a lot [] Or maybe a mafia game in which you can't post is as clever as a mafia game with no mafia family. Not all innovation is good, you know. Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #24 (isolation #9) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:55 am

Post by Antrax »

Uhh, yes. I pointed to it above. I thought it was terrible. Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #27 (isolation #10) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:04 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, the problem with a brain is that you need information to feed to it. That's why information is good, as I keep stressing over and over again in various games in which people try to lynch me (coughBladerunnercough). If people are only allowed to post once every day, the brains will have very little to work with. Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #28 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:05 am

Post by Antrax »

Sure, I could mod it. But I'm not on the waiting list. Should I post there?Antrax
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #31 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:18 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, got AIM? Yes, you do. Now, get on it, and IM me. (AntraxJ3)Antrax

Return to “Mafia Discussion”