Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3554 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:48 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3553, theamatuer wrote:I just thought of something interesting:
SAT mafia

Kindof similar to normal mafia, except everyone gets a second win condition of filling in a 15 Q test. top 3 wins regardless.
Questions can only be filled in the night, and even killed can fill questions.
Everyone also gets 3 night actions in addition to any other night actions they might have:
Cheat, cover, or catch

Cheat allows you to choose a player and a question number. You will learn what s/he entered on the question.
Cover allows you to block 2 questions. If a player attempts to cheat on these questions, they will get blanks.
Catch makes you declare a player. If the player tries to cheat off you, they will be caught and disqualified, and they can no longer win via test. However, if you attempt to catch 2 times unsucessfully, you are disqualified, and cant win.
Disqualified and dead players cant use above actions.

So what do you think

Are you allowed to cheat from dead players?
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3665 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:58 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3663, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I think it would be fun to try to design and implement just for the sheer insanity of it.

There was a 50 player game run recently, I guess you could try the same mechanics as that, 100 players playing a normal game of mafia is just a bad idea.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3667 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Game of the year. (large theme of you somehow don't know )

I'm not linking since I don't know how to copy and paste on my phone.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3822 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3820, Mr. Flay wrote:I think just rerolling roles

I think this part would ruin the point of way the game is being setup that way.
It would remove whatever roles were lynched in the past games and just have a normal large game, which will probably be heavily sided one way and start with day 1 all over again.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3845 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:20 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I just thought about the mass of data I'm pulling of my current idea, but I feel like I should actually ask in here about it before continuing to go through the remaining 3,000+ games.

I'm thinking along the idea of making a setup based on the roles of day 1 lynches of past games, and have been wasting time going through and finding the lynchee, role and flavour for each death from all games on here except marathons. At present I'm grabbing all the ones that have finished while I've been a member, but in doing so, I'm encounted problems and/or better ideas. Though I'll probably continue even though I'm only halfway through all the games to just check on balance requirements.
Which is why I'm now coming to this thread.

Should people just not care about balance, you can have the setup I pulled by looking at all threads in the completed games categories (3721) and pulling out random numbers from it to get a 3x goon v 2x SK (one odd-night and one compulsive bulletproof) v 7 VTs and a back-up doctor. But let's assume you do care about balance and I'll ask about games I should select to be included.

• What should I do with night start games?
  • Should all lynches from games with multiple lynches on day 1 be counted (ie double day unlimited/otherworld mafia)?
  • Do Day-1 day kills effect anything? (same as night starts)
  • With hidden role details (ie medical mafia), should they still have those limitations or be told what they are (since they would be able to research it themselves) or just not count these games?
  • Should a role that came from a setup with different mechanics still use those mechanics?
  • What happens if I draw one Mason/Lover? (current thoughts are the same as it happened in great idea mafia)
  • How do I deal with back-ups?
  • Should I stop data collecting and just use whatever games where the people that sign up have been lynched Day 1? (Placing entry restrictions)
    • Would it then be better to open up for any lynch for better balance options?

Setup is at this stage going to be called "Second Chance Draw".

Whichever options I end up doing, I plan to reselect if town doesn't have any power roles or I don't have enough mafia to make a team.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3848 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3847, Faraday wrote:
In post 3845, Cheery Dog wrote:What should I do with night start games?
Should all lynches from games with multiple lynches on day 1 be counted (ie double day unlimited/otherworld mafia)?
Do Day-1 day kills effect anything? (same as night starts)
With hidden role details (ie medical mafia), should they still have those limitations or be told what they are (since they would be able to research it themselves) or just not count these games?
Should a role that came from a setup with different mechanics still use those mechanics?
What happens if I draw one Mason/Lover? (current thoughts are the same as it happened in great idea mafia)
How do I deal with back-ups?
Should I stop data collecting and just use whatever games where the people that sign up have been lynched Day 1? (Placing entry restrictions)
Would it then be better to open up for any lynch for better balance options?

• A Day 1 lynch is a day 1 lynch. Count Night start.
  • If you're only counting the first lynchee ignore daykills. I mean you can include day 1 daykills if you want but meh.
  • Eh, shoehorning in like the mechanics of a role in AGM's defcon would just be weird. It'd also confirm the player as either alignment dependant on the mechanic? It's also just messy.
  • If you're giving them a game link then they can find this out themselves, right?
  • Use the same thing as great idea, yeah.
  • Well what's the problem? You can have a back up cop without a cop, anyway. So does it matter? Universal backups are fine, anyway.
  • That could work, but would require effort at the time. it's definitely doable. Would you only get a role from the games you were in or could you get anyones role?
  • So you mean anyone lynched in the game could be a role? Eh, not neccessary. Depends on how many pr's and stuff you use. For a normal setup there'll be plenty of vanilla roles + you can assign scum a "safe" vanilla game or 3 in case of massclaim to stop something like that breaking it?

• That sounds fine with me, I'll probably actually just change all games to first lynch so it including games that also feature no lynch. (probably still skip otherworld unless I take both of them)
  • No instant lose godfathers from Vengeful then. But it is mostly if I'm calling the townies in vengeful as vengefuls or not. And no lynching town was my other problem with game mechanics effecting what roles do. (and probably masons and mafia if any mafias end up being the first lynch)
  • I think I;ll stay true to what the role was, if I'm not told (in at least on Diffusion of power game, I'll give a new random number for it). Depends how I actually word the pms.
  • Helps if I look at the wikipage to find out what they generally do when faced with no primary power. Multiple primary powers should they happen would I guess work like a univarsal.
  • It would only be roles they'd been lynched as (meaning the entry requirements would be having been lynched as both alignments in the past - the second option of any lynch is because restricting to day 1 only would mean a lot more players would fail to meet it) I probably won't go for that option since I wouldn't be allowed to enter my own game having not been lynched as scum yet.

Though after I've collected all the data from games that have finished while I've been a member, I think the mafia lynchrate may actually be a bit high. (rounding has obviously been done)
41% VT
31% Scum
25% Town PRs (including townies from vengefuls)
2% Other.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3872 (isolation #6) » Fri May 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

At least these two

The Mafia with the Hydras
Hydra Mafia

Me collecting day 1 lynch data totally helps that purpose.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3890 (isolation #7) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:00 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3889, GuyInFreezer wrote:Even Chuck Norris is helpless against the mob attack.
Clearly fake.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3894 (isolation #8) » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:40 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3850, JacobSavage wrote:@ Cheery, the Issue i have is the low amount of Town PR's that you'll find (outside of role madness that is )

I can think of one non Vanilla D1 mislynch in all the games I'e played.
I have data now, I'm fairly sure that's not going to much of a problem., depending on randomisation of course)
I think I'm just going to end up with too much scum.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3903 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:13 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Multiple people on the VT account (or scum getting passwords and fakeclaims can be weird)?
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #3910 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

In post 3909, nickthename wrote:What do you guys think of a micro where mafia pick 1 or 2 players at the beginning of the day, and only get to NK if one of the chosen players is killed?

I'm not sure about no lynches, I guess I would either disallow them or say that mafia can predict No Lynch the same as any other lynch.

As for player count, I need to do some math, but 7:2 seems like a good ballpark.
Chosen Mafia, but with their protection covering everyone?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”