Cult Balance Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:32 am

Post by Vi »

In post 0, Stabsinthe wrote:I was thinking of some way to balance cults. Perhaps games with a 'cult' could incorporate a 'conversion resistance' attribute to slow down the cult's acquisition of members?

The Conversion Resistance attribute is an attribute that prevents you from being converted to the cult, as long as your Conversion Resistance is greater than 0.

Each time the Cult Leader try to convert a player, the player's conversion resistance is reduced by 1.

That means if the Cult Leader want to convert, say, a 3 C.Resistance player, he need to try 3 times. However, he could instantly convert a 0 conversion resistance player.
If I told you you were an SK but you could arbitrarily not kill people unless you tried an unknown number of times, how would that go over? (If you made it public knowledge how Cultable someone would be, that would be more interesting and most likely completely defeat the purpose of attempting to balance the mechanic.)

The closest you're going to get is probably something like Mentor + giving players the ability to suicide rather than be recruited.
what if a cult leader had just a couple of shots and used them all in pregame???

it would equate to a single mafioso being able to choose his buds,
but that sounds kinda interesting, no?
or am i missing something
That's not really a Cult per se, and if you're not doing it in a WaCkY game like ehobano
woof
it's wickedly overpowered.

Although, again, if you told everyone at the beginning that one person could choose their scumpartners... then you get WIFOM: The Game, in which everyone tries to lynch based on who they think is best at being scum.

...meh, scum will still win.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”