Hydra's signing posts

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:35 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Trying to pull meta from a game with hydras who don't sign their posts is an absolute nightmare. Sure it might be easy enough to tell which head is which in the midst of a game, from the context; but for somebody else later going back to try and understand a particular moment (e.g. because it gets referenced in a future game), it can be nearly impossible.

(solution: don't meta)
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 15, ChannelDelibird wrote:This. Hydras should be on message with each other, and it is infuriating when one head says "well, no, it wasn't me who said that, it was my other head". If you want to play together as one slot, you should act like one player.

Yeah, no, I disagree with this entirely. Two people are just never gonna act and think like a single person, no matter how much they confer and plan and compromise or whatever.

I don't have a problem with hydras as a concept, but personally I'd much rather it be treated like what it is (two players with a shared alignment and vote) rather than trying to be something that it can't.

Edit: This might partly be my bias based on my own hydraing experiences1, but having read and played with other hydras I still prefer the latter approach. And that's not to say I think the heads shouldn't be trying to work together; I just think trying to act as if they are one person is not a worthwhile goal. A hydra is a different from a single player, and there's nothing wrong with that.

1 Edit 2: No I just checked, and I've always felt this way.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”