Policy Disc.: When do rules apply? (Incl. dead talk, etc.)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Is Person X right?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 35

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:41 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Rules of the game should apply to everyone regardless of whether or not you are personally alive or not. Replacements are the reason for this; you cannot know that no one in scumchat/your email list will ever replace into that game. (Note: I have violated this myself in games prior, but it's a risk every time)

On the other hand, replacing back into a game as a player who was already in it is problematic and should ONLY be done in extreme circumstances, where no one else is available. Nothing that is not a Normal game should do this in my opinion; there's too much chance for flavor confirming things extraordinarily. So both sides are at fault here...
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

SL, can you change the name of this thread to
Policy Discussion: Talking about the game after you're dead
or something similar? I think this is turning out very interesting, but I want as much input as possible from different mods, since there's clearly a difference of opinion...
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:51 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Yosarian2 wrote:Well, anyone who's talked about the game shouldn't replace into it, sure. But if that's not an issue, I don't think you're breaking the rules by talking about the game with someone who's not playing in the game after you're dead.
But since apparently people DO replace into games after talking about them with dead players, it's a problem. Yes, Y was more explicitly af fault, but Y could not have done anything wrong if X hadn't stretched the rules first.

As mod, I've spoken with dead players after their death confirming some of their suspicions, but that's the ONLY post-death discussion I can see as harmless, since the mod already knows that player won't be coming back. If Player X talks to Y who mentions it to C who lives with B, and B replaces in, how is the mod supposed to know that B isn't just a Paragon of Mafia Hunters? I bet this happens in more games than we'd like to admit, and not just in scumchat.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #48 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:54 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

Dasquian wrote:It's the fundamental "Mafia runs on the honour system" issue; if players set out to cheat or conspire to cheat, we'll always have a hard time stopping them. People need to be honest else there's no point.
QFFT.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”