Policy Disc.: When do rules apply? (Incl. dead talk, etc.)

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Is Person X right?

Yes
46%
No
54%

Total votes: 35

Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:24 pm

Post by Talitha »

It's a slightly tricky issue because I think it'd be hard to find ANY player who hadn't talked to someone else about an on-going game. For instance when you get lynched as a townie you often need to blow off some steam to somebody.

But having said that, Jeep is right. The rules of the game continue to apply after you are dead and until the game is over. You are NOT free to speak to whomever you wish about an ongoing game that you have player information about. If you must do it, both parties should be aware that the dead player is breaking the rules of the game, and be suitably discrete about it. The dead player should also be completely sure that the person they are speaking to won't ever be considered as a replacement.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:28 pm

Post by Talitha »

And a player (dead or live) speaking about an ongoing game in scum chat is absolutely a no-no... If someone from a game I was modding did that, I'd be furious.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #39 (isolation #2) » Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:16 pm

Post by Talitha »

Yeah - talking to the mod is an exception to the rule I believe. It's fine for any player (live or dead) to speak to the mod about an ongoing game. I don't think anyone would see this as breaking the rules, because that is what the mod is there for.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”