Ethics of conceding

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

as cynical as this sounds, never underestimate the ability of players to fuck up a perfectly good autowin

also complain to the list mod that the mod of the game you're playing is a terrible mod whose setup design is so poor autowin strategies like follow the cop are possible
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

Flipped townies lie all the time

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by Accountant »

I actually think not conceding is more respectful, it shows you have the fighting spirit and respect for your opponent to try your best to claw a victory out of nothing

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Accountant »

Fair enough. Didn't think of that.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Accountant »

I did this once in a newbie game where I was the IC - got criticized for trolling instead of teaching newbies how to play properly... but I was ;_;

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:33 am

Post by Accountant »

Eh, the uncaught scum was the SE, and he did fine on his own. I did try to be objective in providing IC advice and theory, even when trolling.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Accountant »

Just had a scum concede in endgamr because he thought I was going to hammer him and wanted to end his misery(I wasn't)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:26 am

Post by Accountant »

Maybe town woulda fucked it up(the strat) if you kept going

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:31 am

Post by Accountant »

What if someone in the town sent C

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Accountant »

What if they send in no action

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:54 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 78, Dragonfire wrote:I was just reading a newbie game where on 5p LyLo, one scum gambled the game by claiming BP to support his fellow scum's Tracker claim against the town Cop (who had a guilty on the scum claiming Tracker). He obviously decided that it was more beneficial to risk everything then and there, and hopefully win that day, than lynch his teammate and hope to win a 3p LyLo with one confirmed townie. He lost the gamble, as his fellow scum was lynched. Since he was 100% confirmed scum and admitted it then and there, why shouldn't he just concede the game, since there would be no point in dragging it on at that stage.
I was actually in this scenario, only I CCed the cop and my teammate decided to go ham and CC the doc. We lost, badly >.< Which was especially irritating since we definitely could have won the 3P (the cop wanted to lynch the last, unCCed, guy).

Return to “Mafia Discussion”