PTs Not Released - Why is this a Thing?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Accountant »

I auto release PTs unless the mafia team has a compelling reason why they don't want me to release it(eg. they trash talked someone in the PT, personal secrets were shared). I think it's important that players get to learn.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

I already recklessly discuss strategy and don't worry about hurt feelings and when I release the scum PT nobody complains

Can someone link me to an instance of released scum PT causing drama

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Accountant »

If people are committed to secretly discussing ongping games, insisting on a scum PT/hydra PT won't stop them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #178 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Accountant »

Can you show me the thought process of someone who would discuss ongoing games with this rule and wouldn't without?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Accountant »

Those who don't give a fuck about the integrity of the games won't feel like a scumbag for breaking the hydra PT rule. After all, they're already breaking the much more serious rule regarding ongoing games. The type of person who would break ongoing games rule is the type to not care about hydra PT rule anyway.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:50 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 187, kuribo wrote:
In post 182, Accountant wrote:Those who don't give a fuck about the integrity of the games won't feel like a scumbag for breaking the hydra PT rule. After all, they're already breaking the much more serious rule regarding ongoing games. The type of person who would break ongoing games rule is the type to not care about hydra PT rule anyway.
They share a player slot. "Discussing ongoing games" doesn't Fucking apply to people who are playing in the game as a single person any more than talking to yourself or consulting spirits.
You are misunderstanding my position. drealmerz is saying that should hydra partners be allowed to speak over Skype, they will inevitably(?) talk about ongoing games other than the one they are in together. I was refuting him.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Accountant »

It's not a grey fucking area. It's black and white. If you're a hydra, yoy may talk about the game you are both in in any way or form you like.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (isolation #7) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 197, drealmerz7 wrote:even if that includes breaking rules - to me that is what creates the grey areas
There is no site rule that is broken in the discussion of a game that both hydra players are involved in.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #201 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:23 am

Post by Accountant »

There are no site rules broken by having that convo on Skype.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #203 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:25 am

Post by Accountant »

No site rules broken.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Accountant »

(assuming the hydra PT is private)

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #209 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:29 am

Post by Accountant »

Or you can talk shit on Skype, leave the hydra PT empty and everyone's happy

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #212 (isolation #12) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:33 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 210, drealmerz7 wrote:hmk ya I see - does the mod have access to the PT?
Doesnt matter

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #214 (isolation #13) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:34 am

Post by Accountant »

I don't think Hydra PTs should be released short of personal, real life threats, admission to criminal activities etc.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #221 (isolation #14) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 am

Post by Accountant »

I will never allow hydrae in my games. I don't like playing with hydrae, and so I see no reason to subject my players to the same fate.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 236, zoraster wrote:
In post 230, pieguyn wrote:I pretty strongly believe hydras should not be mod-forced to use a provided "hydra PT" that the mod has control over; as a mod I will provide one if two people who are hydra'ing request one, but by no means do I force them to use it and by no means do I feel such PTs should be obligated to be released unless the members of the hydra say they want it released.

if you're hydra'ing with someone, you're in one slot and you two can control it however the hell you want, end of story.
If I'm the game mod, I can decide to let a hydra in or not and decide the parameters of that hydra. If you want to be a hydra in my game, play by my rules. End of story.
If I'm the game mod, I can theoretically also decide to only count votes that are italicized and not count votes in the vote tags. But it may not be a good idea to do so. We are discussing whether it's a good idea to release scum PTs/hydra PTs and/or force hydra/scum mates to use them.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”