PTs Not Released - Why is this a Thing?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #33 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I pretty strongly disagree with the "scum secrets" mentality. being able to adapt your play even when people know what you do as scum is a part of playing well as scum; if having your "secrets" released is that much of an interference to your scum game, to the point where you can't have strategy talk in your PT released, then that's a fault of your scum game. by this same logic, I also believe that always consenting to having your own PTs released can be a part of improving your scum game (since it requires you to improve your situational awareness and come up with new ways to dodge people or else you risk getting caught quickly), as well as allowing town to improve.

that being said, the decision should always be left to the scum team, even in the above case.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 am

Post by pieguyn »

I pretty strongly believe hydras should not be mod-forced to use a provided "hydra PT" that the mod has control over; as a mod I will provide one if two people who are hydra'ing request one, but by no means do I force them to use it and by no means do I feel such PTs should be obligated to be released unless the members of the hydra say they want it released.

if you're hydra'ing with someone, you're in one slot and you two can control it however the hell you want, end of story.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (isolation #2) » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:14 am

Post by pieguyn »

I mean, obviously mods have the right over the implementation of hydras in their games, but that's my POV on it and I've never felt any need to be more strict over it in games I run.

p-edit: also, what kuribo said. as a player I do not mind it but I can easily empathize with those who would.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”