Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #554 (isolation #0) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:51 pm

Post by Nexus »

We should be harsher on people who:

1. Flake out of games by lack of activity
2. Flake out of games because "they aren't feeling it/aren't having fun/don't like x player"
3. Shitpost in games and ruin the experience for other people.

WOTC and WOTM should be used more, not less. As a mod, nothing is more frustrating than having to replace half of your player list because a) they flake out or b) they are incapable of being civil enough to actually play a game.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #555 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Nexus »

Furthermore, why should we keep giving people chances who have shown no signs of improvement, when their poor play and attitude is ruining the game for at best 2-5 other people and at worst upwards of 20 other people?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #566 (isolation #2) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Nexus »

If you're sick then fine. Except that's usually just one instance. I don't have a problem with a person who has one episode of flaking out.

I have a problem with people who flake out repeatedly. I haven't ever played with you and I'm pretty sure you've never played in one of my games, so if you feel personally attacked by me, then lol. I'm talking about my personal experiences as an experienced moderator. I've stopped modding because of how unfun it's been over the last couple of times I've done it, and once the current game I'm modding is over I will be not doing it again until next January.

I don't play games because I know I lurk and I make it unfun for people, and it isn't fun for me, so I've self-moderated.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #569 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Nexus »

In post 567, Yume wrote:And a word of advice from The Rotten Apple: if you don't want people to flake out, either devise more role madness games or make posting deadlines more lenient, because some of us have real life obligations and don't live inside of computer screen.
My deadlines and my games match the meta of this site. The majority of people play the game properly. My games have had the same(ish) ruleset since I joined up. That isn't going to change.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”