Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

1) some people are shitters
2) i dont want shitters in my games, whether as a mod or player
3) ergo we need a way to keep shitters out

if we accept these three points as valid then wotc or a wotc-like system has to happen at some point. Anything else is just wording or fine details
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Accountant »

Nobody gets kicked because of one anonymous WOTC. If you anonymously WOTC someone and they get kicked, that means other players dislike them too, which means they probably deserve it

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Post by Accountant »

That's fine, but it's not an argument against WOTC as a mechanic. You're just saying it needs some tweaks

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #122 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 121, Frozen Angel wrote:This is a form of human societies.

If they know that already, what is the harm in telling them again? beside showing your not extremely rude and coward.
Because it gives them something to latch on and argue and drama llama about

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #127 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Accountant »

@FA: Yes, it is rude. Kicking a player out from a game is rude too. Rudeness is a necessary side effect of taking out the trash.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #130 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Accountant »

Look - there's a difference between "did not tell you reasons for WOTCing you" rude and "is so toxic they get WOTCed" rude. Especially when the first is justified.

As for the second, I have already explained that the rudeness is necessary to clamp down on unecessary drama and arguments.

PEdit: FA, do you understand that WOTCing someone is a way of telling them they are trash?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Accountant »

It's not a method for insulting people, it's a method for keeping games clean by removing trash - so, as a
natural and unavoidable consequence of WOTC
, anyone affected by it would, logically, have to be trash. That's what I meant.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Accountant »

Marquis WAS trash. Someone who lolhammers every game can only be considered a trash mafia player that ruins games for people. Marquis no longer does this, and is thus no longer trash. No idea about Yume, never played with her, but I'm sure plenty of people consider her trash.

You got banned for non-game related reasons, so that doesn't count.

Remember that it is not I who decides. I have never WOTCed a person in my life. But when many people WOTC someone, they are all calling that person trash implicitly. If you oppose this, you oppose WOTC.

You keep using the word "rights", as in "right to be informed". Papa Zito has already said that this is not a court. We are not obligated to provide reasons or rights for anything. As a mod, I could ban you from my game for no reason other than not liking your avatar. That's acceptable.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 135, Frozen Angel wrote:summarizing my last post

"who the fuck are you to judge someone and deciding if someone is trash or not?"

answer this and we shall continue this discusion
who am i? only the moderator of the game, who is indeed judge, and jury and also executioner

Within the scope of the game, the game mod is more or less god

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #140 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Accountant »

FA, WOTC is WOTM.

WOTC can't go through without moderator consent. It's just WOTM, with the mod seeking advice from others. Even putting that aside, there's nothing wrong with players judging and kicking each other out. The "accused" has no right to anything, including knowing the accusations made against them or having their judges not influence each other. If they don't like this, they should try being not toxic.
now back to trash, no marquis was not a trash. He had a bad habbit and was repeatedly showing a bad behavior.
That's what trash MEANS. This is why people wotc each other.

I'm sure Yume is a great person! But as a mafia player, plenty of people have come forward to say she is trash. Do not conflate judgement of your skills at mafia and your toxicity in games as a judgement of the person behind the screen.

PEdit: The most common reason for not wanting to play witha person is that they are trash

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Accountant »

Why are you trying to protect toxic players by making the environment softer on them?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 142, Frozen Angel wrote:making accusations public will make the enviroment softer for them?

are you kidding me
YES

they will use it as an opportunity to defend themselves and start arguments

Just eliminate quickly and efficiently without mentioning too many reasons.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Accountant »

@pirate mollie
In this context trash isnt being used as a personal attack

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Accountant »

FA why is it ok for the mod to go "if i hate ur avatar i kick u" but not "if i get pms from people who hate your avatar i kick u"? Mods can have any reason for kicking someone, and a popular one is getting Pms from players who hate that player

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 145, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 143, Accountant wrote:
In post 142, Frozen Angel wrote:making accusations public will make the enviroment softer for them?

are you kidding me
YES

they will use it as an opportunity to defend themselves and start arguments

Just eliminate quickly and efficiently without mentioning too many reasons.
then let them start arguments. Are you afraid for being wrong?
NO

I am afraid we will have the goddamn community cluttered up with arguments spouted by idiots who can't accept that they are so bad multiple people want to never play with them ever again

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Accountant »

Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Accountant »

I have never blacklisted anyone and I have played with some seriously toxic players and if I ever do blacklist someone you can be assured I won't have the respect to give them the time of day let alone reasons for kicking them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #157 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Accountant »

What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Accountant »

Then do it totally privatly so the accusers don't have any kinds of impact on each other. or publickly inform the involved instead of everyone.

again you called them idiot, who are you to judge someone as idiot. a mod? ok then don't let the so called "idiot" to your game. your a player? shut up!
Why?! Why is it so bad to let accusers influence each other? If I want X kicked, I want to convince everyone else to agree to kick him as well. Why am I not allowed to judge other players as a player?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #162 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 160, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 157, Accountant wrote:What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?
That has direct impact of the numbers of people who will try to wotc that people.
Why is that bad? It helps break bystander effect and encourages players to out toxic players.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 159, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 157, Accountant wrote:What is wrong with announcing that a player has been WOTCed and asking if anyone else has a problem?
I think it's fine if the reasons are included, and if the offending player can appeal it by sending a PM to the mod

Then if it's appealed the mod should announce why it was appealed so other players know
its fine to do that but not to MAKE the mod release the reasons like wtf

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (isolation #21) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:05 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 158, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
ok

thats the beauty of what?

thats the basic Principle of humanity that we need to justify our actions to each other. Are you saying we're a bunch of wild animals playing mafia in here?
That's not a principle of humanity. I can do anything and not have to justify shit to anyone! Nobody has the right to demand that I reveal my inner thought processes.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (isolation #22) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 164, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 159, Ranmaru wrote:
I think it's fine if the reasons are included, and if the offending player can appeal it by sending a PM to the mod
This ^

if the reasons are included then they will judge the reason not the player

and thats not WOTC by its defiition. its a jury-like method for enforcing people - and that must require majority of the remaining players vote at least to be justified
Dude the whole point is to judge, condemn and destroy the offending player. He's the one in the crosshairs, I don't see a need to give him a reason to defend himself.

It's not about what is fair or not fair. It is about making players happy, and if 3 players hate 1, as a matter of brute fact that player is very likely shit and will DEFINITELY make the game better for those 3 guys.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #170 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 166, Ranmaru wrote:She means in the case the reasoning was wrong. Which is why I mention the part of appealing it. Why not include the reasons? If the person deserves to be kicked there should be reasoning, just like a case on a player you want lynched.

mod: wotc because YOU LURKED THE WHOLE FUCKING GAME LAST TIME
me: ok woops

There look how easy that was?
mod: wotc because 5 people want you out and I dont care why, all I know is that if you leave 5 people will be happier with the game

mod: wotc, I'm not obliged to tell you anything

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:09 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 168, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 165, Accountant wrote:That's not a principle of humanity. I can do anything and not have to justify shit to anyone! Nobody has the right to demand that I reveal my inner thought processes.
You can kill me right now and they will hang you tommorow.

you don't need to justufy shit to anyone?
See? You keep falling back on the ideas of a court of law, of rights and obligations. I have 0 obligations to anyone as a mod, as a player or as a fellow human being, other than to follow the site rules and be generally civil.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #173 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:10 am

Post by Accountant »

FA, ITS OKAY TO BE UNFAIR

ITS OKAY TO UNFAIRLY EXCLUDE PEOPLE FROM A GAME

THAT IS THE FRIGGING POINT

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Accountant »

By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome until they get their shit together. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #27) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 175, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 172, Accountant wrote:See? You keep falling back on the ideas of a court of law, of rights and obligations. I have 0 obligations to anyone as a mod, as a player or as a fellow human being, other than to follow the site rules and be generally civil.
We are humans and this is a part of a human driven society.

Justification and fairness are all defined by the definition of humanity.
No it's not! Humans can be as unjustified and unfair as they like. That's the freedom of thought and action, two of the most basic freedoms in the world.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #182 (isolation #28) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 178, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 176, Accountant wrote:By stripping them of their rights to respond and stir up drama, by stripping them of their rights to play a game of mafia, you are sending them an unambiguous message that they are not welcome
until they get their shit together
. If you give them a chance to argue back or give them reasons to be fair, then you're missing the point.

WOTC is a *punishment*.
Do you know if they have their shit together by that time though? I agree with getting their shit together of course
You assume they don't have their shit together until proven otherwise.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 181, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 179, Accountant wrote:No it's not! Humans can be as unjustified and unfair as they like. That's the freedom of thought and action, two of the most basic freedoms in the world.
That's not the definition of freedom

and no they can't really.
Like what

Are you seriously trying to put forth an argument for policing the private thoughts and reasonings of mafiascum players in order to create a more fair wotx system

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (isolation #30) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm going to keep repeating this.

No mafia mod is obligated to be fair to players that might shit up their game. No mafia player is obligated to be fair to players who might shit up their game. If YOU get WOTCed, sucks to be you. You don't get the right to demand explanations or an appeal. You leave the game, because YOU have been judged in the eyes of your peers and found UNWORTHY by your other players and mod to play in the game.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #31) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 184, Ranmaru wrote:So how would you want them to prove themselves otherwise, is my question? (if they can)
1) make an alt
2) find the people who wont wotc you and make a good track record of not being a terrible player in those games
3) verbally convince the wotcers that you've improved and ask them to withdraw

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 185, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 151, Accountant wrote:Why are you so fixated on being justified in your actions? Nobody needs to justify anything. That's the beauty of it.
talking about liberal arts always ends up in fights like this.

there is no way for you to convince me at this point , nor a way for me to convince you.

and we both are right and wrong at the same time. so lets ned this and catch up with our lives!
Yeah, good idea. No hard feelings.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (isolation #33) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:32 am

Post by Accountant »

when I said make an alt there was an "after making sure you won't get wotced AGAIN due to shitty behavior on the alt" implied after it

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #218 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 217, Yume wrote:So again, continue to toot your horn. It won't matter. There will still be games even us outcasts will be able to join freely.
that was my point number two

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 215, Yume wrote:
In post 212, Wisdom wrote:And the fact making an alt didn't work just proves the problem is with you and your behavior, not because people are prejudiced about you like you were claiming before making an alt.
So the rest of you are allowed to chastise players on bad play, troll and do whatever you want in game, yet the rest of us who point out the fact you're behaving like kings of the world are immediately branded as evil. This is why I called you a hypocrite, Firebringer. Trust me, those who exhibit WOTC-like behaviour are many. So why should we be denied our right to have fun and our right of free speech just so you can toot your horn and be self-important? Especially given that YOU and YOUR decision are what causes the game loss, not us.
anyone who trolls and causes game losses on a consistent basis will be WOTCed and join the ranks of the "outcasts". We aren't choosing to "bully" you because we're all self improtant and shit, we're doign it because you
consistently piss people off and ruin games for them

and that's something that's objective. I've never played with you, I don't know the complaints against you, but objectively I can see that tons of players have chosen to WOTC you and speak out agaisnt you and that's something that only happens when you're genuinely toxic or unacceptable

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 221, Yume wrote:You're still dodging this
In post 214, Yume wrote:How am I supposed to convince them to withdraw if I don't know who they are? >.>
Do you want me to put in big, red, bold letters so you'd notice it?!
obviously I was talking about WOTCs where the mod reveals the name of the WOTCers. if 3) doesn't apply, just do 1) or 2).

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 223, Yume wrote:Meanwhile, myself and the others who attempt to be the voice of reason, are shunned. We start out as nice bunnies who try to chastise them politely. Then they flip on us and we become mad. Then they flip on us further and lead us to become toxic. Then they use the us that they themselves created with their tunneling/stubborness/whatever to paint us as devils.
are you serious? are you trying to blame kuroi/wisdom for you being toxic??

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 222, Yume wrote:
In post 220, Accountant wrote:
In post 215, Yume wrote:
In post 212, Wisdom wrote:And the fact making an alt didn't work just proves the problem is with you and your behavior, not because people are prejudiced about you like you were claiming before making an alt.
So the rest of you are allowed to chastise players on bad play, troll and do whatever you want in game, yet the rest of us who point out the fact you're behaving like kings of the world are immediately branded as evil. This is why I called you a hypocrite, Firebringer. Trust me, those who exhibit WOTC-like behaviour are many. So why should we be denied our right to have fun and our right of free speech just so you can toot your horn and be self-important? Especially given that YOU and YOUR decision are what causes the game loss, not us.
anyone who trolls and causes game losses on a consistent basis will be WOTCed and join the ranks of the "outcasts". We aren't choosing to "bully" you because we're all self improtant and shit, we're doign it because you
consistently piss people off and ruin games for them

and that's something that's objective. I've never played with you, I don't know the complaints against you, but objectively I can see that tons of players have chosen to WOTC you and speak out agaisnt you and that's something that only happens when you're genuinely toxic or unacceptable
Yet, Kuroi and Wisdom, who did it at least once, are saints.
clearly they didn't do it, or didn't do it to the point that you did, because I don't see anyone choosign to WOTC them.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 225, Yume wrote:We can take criticism. What we cannot take is someone acting like king of the world.
it's literally just a PM to the mod saying yoru play is unacceptable

a faaaaarrrr cry from being king of the world

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Accountant »

tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:56 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 242, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 240, Accountant wrote:tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims
who is innocent and who is guilty?

If you don't know the details you definitely are not authorized to talk about this topic
Yume DEFINITELY cannot be innocent. I don't need to know any details to know that someone with a dozen WOTCs is not innocent.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 248, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 247, Accountant wrote:
In post 242, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 240, Accountant wrote:tbqh i dont see how yume would have accumulated this much hate if she was as innocent as she claims
who is innocent and who is guilty?

If you don't know the details you definitely are not authorized to talk about this topic
Yume DEFINITELY cannot be innocent. I don't need to know any details to know that someone with a dozen WOTCs is not innocent.
Whats your definition of innicent? They called all the prophets liar when they were advising everyone to god. Are they liars?(Not making this religious or anything; just making a point)

Yes everyone your mentioning might be wrong. logically your use for word "definitely" is wrong.

but no one asked you to talk about something you don't know anything about. come back when you read the details.
Do you think that 20 people spontaneously hallucinated Yume being a bad mafia player and WOTCed her for no reason

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 252, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 251, Accountant wrote:Do you think that 20 people spontaneously hallucinated Yume being a bad mafia player and WOTCed her for no reason
I never said that

I said you have no right to talk on that specific matter and no one asked you to :]
If you don't think that happened then it must be the case through logic and common sense that Yume is a bad player.

Anyone has the right to outline transparently obvious chains of logic.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Accountant »

Anyone has the right to judge anyone else for any reason

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 285, Yume wrote:Alts aren't allowed to play in newbie queue.
then play in newbie queue on your main :P you can't get WOTCed, remember?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #288 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 286, Accountant wrote:
In post 285, Yume wrote:Alts aren't allowed to play in newbie queue.
then play in newbie queue on your main :P you can't get WOTCed, remember?
I'll even offer to play with you, if you like. The general newbie-friendly atmosphere of that queue means nobody will yell at you for making a mistake, and it's a great way to relearn the basics of the game for a fresh start.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 289, GuyInFreezer wrote:
Until every newbies replace out and the game is now filled with grumpy oldies
BANANA SPLIT

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 316, House wrote:
In post 314, Wisdom wrote:
In post 301, Frozen Angel wrote:the ruin part and if she doesn't know how to play is fixable over time
over how much time? Shes had enough time already and her attitude has not changed one bit
^

Frozen, she sent me a PM threatening to destroy Cowboy bebop if I didn't back off!
is this true

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (isolation #49) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 346, Yume wrote:Yes. That doesn't, however, excuse them from calling me 'trash' via PM.
maybe that's the case, but what you have said shows an attitude that people find objectionable, because you are willing to ruin games if you are unhappy with someone. when someone detects this mindset in you, they will definitely ban you from their games to avoid their game being ruined.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 352, Yume wrote:What fact? The fact is that you have one game as evidence of me being unreasonable, while I have multiple games as evidence of being reasonable.
i think that when you are threatening to break site rules it goes a bit beyond being reasonable

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (isolation #51) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Accountant »

also like wtf you're expected to be reasonable every game

someone who cheats 1/10 times whenever you play monopoly, and they tell you "i have one game as evidence of me being a cheater, but nine games as evidence of me being not a cheater" - if they were to say that makes them not a cheater, that's just ridiculous. you would definitely ban them from all monopoly games, because there's no way you would play with someone who would cheat in the first place, even if it is just one in ten games.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 355, Yume wrote:Then why don't they try to help me changed instead of just prattling about how bad I am? That's the difference between you and them. You offered to play with me to help me out. They didn't.
Well, there will be people who will try to help you out. But you can't point at people who refuse to help and say "you are just as bad". A game takes months to accomplish, and not everyone is patient enough to go through months of gameplay with a player who ruins games just to maybe help them out in the future. you should take responsibility for your own improvement instead of shoving the burden onto others.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #360 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 358, Frozen Angel wrote:she means she is trying as hard as she can to be reasonable in all her games.

thats her approach for proving she is getting better. lol
well, not everyone will take her word for it.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #361 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 359, Yume wrote:
In post 354, Accountant wrote:
In post 352, Yume wrote:What fact? The fact is that you have one game as evidence of me being unreasonable, while I have multiple games as evidence of being reasonable.
i think that when you are threatening to break site rules it goes a bit beyond being reasonable
I was put in that spot because a certain someone declined all my attempts to solve the situation otherwise.
how exactly did you think that threatening to break site rules would solve the situation?

no, before that, how did house even break all your options to the point where "threatening to break site rules" was the only path forward?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #369 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 364, Frozen Angel wrote:@acc you don't even know what the message was

It was reported to a listmod so back of very kindly. you have no place to talk about that
It doesn't matter what the exact wordnig of the message was. there's no possible situation where yume would threaten to break site rules without also endorsing a certain mentality that not everyone appreciates in a mafia game

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #372 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 368, Yume wrote:
In post 361, Accountant wrote:
In post 359, Yume wrote:
In post 354, Accountant wrote:
I was put in that spot because a certain someone declined all my attempts to solve the situation otherwise.
how exactly did you think that threatening to break site rules would solve the situation?

no, before that, how did house even break all your options to the point where "threatening to break site rules" was the only path forward?
Well, I told him I had evidence of me not ruining games. He insisted I still do. I tried to explain myself, but he still insisted and insisted and insisted. That's how.

p-edit: So tell me, Wisdom, does you not seeing it mean it isn't there? >.>
I do not understand. He refused to listen to your evidence of you not ruining games, and you therefore decided that to convince him you would not ruin games, you would threaten to break site rules?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (isolation #57) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

even an empty threat would still embody a certain disrespect for the rules

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (isolation #58) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 377, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 376, Accountant wrote:even an empty threat would still embody a certain disrespect for the rules
and thats what listmods will consider and judge based on!

again who are you to say what is ok or not?
I don't think it's unreasonable to say that "making threats to break site rules, regardness of emptiness, is not ok".

Every human being has the right to judge every other human being according to their own standards. If their own standards are unreasonably strong or alien, then this is arrogance. But if the standards are something that are widely agreed on, such as "do not disrespect the rules by making threats to break them", then it's not unreasonable to judge based on that.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 380, Frozen Angel wrote:Even I as the moderator of the game ; I have no opinion and won't express any sympathy with eaither side.

seriously why you think you have the right to talk about everything?
this is called the freedom of speech

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 385, Yume wrote:
In post 383, Accountant wrote:
In post 380, Frozen Angel wrote:Even I as the moderator of the game ; I have no opinion and won't express any sympathy with eaither side.

Apparently, said freedom doesn't extend to me.
are you post restricted?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 384, Frozen Angel wrote:Thats ok to express your pov. but then what? Your opinion has seriously no weight here; you can think however you want about the situation!
If you think I'm trying to exert my opinion onto Yume by force, that's simply wrong. I'm asserting what I know is correct, and it is up to her whether she wishes to accept it. I have no away to enforce anything.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #389 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 387, Frozen Angel wrote:

which is whats wrong with todays world!

actually no its ok! you can talk and talk as much as you want. Don't dare to judge though unless you have power.
I will wait for the listmods decision on the matter of whether people are allowed to judge other people in public threads

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #397 (isolation #63) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 391, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 388, Accountant wrote:
In post 384, Frozen Angel wrote:Thats ok to express your pov. but then what? Your opinion has seriously no weight here; you can think however you want about the situation!
If you think I'm trying to exert my opinion onto Yume by force, that's simply wrong. I'm asserting what I know is correct, and it is up to her whether she wishes to accept it. I have no away to enforce anything.
Your opinion of what? You don't know what is the thing your talking about!

Your pov in this is simply just logically refused even though it might be correct.
if you're going to say "it's okay to refuse correct opinions because the person with the correct opinion has no power to enforce it", this is a ridiculous point of view.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 393, Yume wrote:
In post 386, Accountant wrote:
In post 385, Yume wrote:

Apparently, said freedom doesn't extend to me.
are you post restricted?
No, but the moment I say something that someone doesn't like, they scream harassment. I PMed Kuroi saying stuff he didn't like. I was not threatening him in any way or something similar. I just said something he didn't like. He called it harassment.
harassment is not threatening

harassment means you keep pming them even after they want you to stop

did you continue to pm kuroi after he told you to stop

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:12 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 400, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 397, Accountant wrote:if you're going to say "it's okay to refuse correct opinions because the person with the correct opinion has no power to enforce it", this is a ridiculous point of view.
Your idea is not correct! maybe it might be but you have no background to have an opinion on the matter! Its definitely ok to refuse whatever your saying on this matter !
Well, there's no need to have a background on something to understand it easily. The ability to perceive and judge something even though you have no prior experience with it is important for mafia players and as a general critical thinking skill.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by Accountant »

Only one game is needed as evidence of you being a game-ruiner. However, a strong pattern of consistent non-game-ruining is needed to overturn that status. The reason for this discrepancy is due to the fact that goodwill and trust are fragile and take time to build up.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #415 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

it's okay. I understand what FA is trying to say now. let us simply say that we will be talking under the banner of "people giving their personal opinions". there's no way for me and house to try to enforce anything, so that issue should be solved.

I answer to any set of pronouns you wish. I'm not a picky person

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (isolation #68) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:24 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm fine with signing that form. You can consider this my signature in spirit.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #69) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 429, Yume wrote:
In post 423, Accountant wrote:I'm fine with signing that form. You can consider this my signature in spirit.
Somehow I don't trust you. What would you say if I posted multiple links that show me being reasonable right now?
i promise you I won't ignore them or pretend they don't exist

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (isolation #70) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

how is house using the "other" option to write his name proof that he is being insincere about his signing?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (isolation #71) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Accountant »

Yume, I'll hydra with you if you want, too.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #463 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Accountant »

Sure. I prefer to play in minis or micros, no idea which one ircher's game is. Do you have a name in mind?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (isolation #73) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Accountant »

Do you have a hydra name in mind? If not, I'll think of something witty and make it for us.

PEdit: No, I have not.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #469 (isolation #74) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Accountant »

Accountant and Jasper is a fine name.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (isolation #75) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:27 am

Post by Accountant »

I have only one game run, and I ran it with both WOTC and WOTM active. If I looked at your game history and saw you flaking or being toxic, I'd replace you. If enough other players complained about you, I'd replace you too. I don't think it was unfair, and the game ended up being of commendable quality, perhaps thanks to that(though obviously I can't be sure).

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (isolation #76) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

but uh

people keep giving you chances to improve and you keep backsliding

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (isolation #77) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 537, Yume wrote:Where are those chances? I don't see them. All I see is me being WoTCed from every game imaginable, both in my main and here. And if you mean Newbie Queue, I can't play that as an alt, plus it's too boring.
how about the time you asked people to hydra with you so you would be allowed into games, and then I took you up on that offer

and then you flaked on the hydra and left me to play it alone?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #78) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:08 pm

Post by Accountant »

wait

let me correct myself

you did not "flake" on the hydra

to "flake" implies you were playing the game, and then abandoned it

but you didn't

you confimed, made a few filler RVS posts and then vanished.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (isolation #79) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by Accountant »

Then why didn't you have the courtesy to inform me of that, or take a V/LA?

Y'know

like everyone else does

and - surprise - they get to play games!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (isolation #80) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

pisses me off that I gave her a second chance, she threw it in my face then comes back and talks about how nobody gives her second chances and are giant meanies to her

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (isolation #81) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 544, Yume wrote:Try taking a V/LA when you get unconscious five times a day and your fingers are shaking......
If you're too sick to play mafia, you have no right to complain about people not letting you play games, because you'll get sick and flake anyway.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #82) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Nexus: I think a player that feels extreme game apathy should replace out rather than be a lurksack.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #558 (isolation #83) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:09 am

Post by Accountant »

uh

maybe those people shouldn't be playing mafia if they're so sick/overloaded with work

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (isolation #84) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 560, Yume wrote:Furthermore, this last one applies to [redacted], yet [redacted] hasn't been punished yet in any manner as far as I know, so if you really believe 3 is grounds for dismissal, then [redacted] should be subjected to WOTC/WOTM just as much as myself. The fact that it didn't happen/isn't happening shows hypocrisy at its finest.
Do you know how immature and petty it is to redact a person's name because you don't like them?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #562 (isolation #85) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 560, Yume wrote:p-edit: What if they already signed up before illness unexpectedly struck them? Of course they would flake. In fact, I flaked out of Cabd's mafia for precisely this reason. My temperature unexpectedly skyrocketed and was unable to declare V/LA. Now, does this mean Cabd should ban me from all his games because of this?
No, but if you have a tendency to have your temperature unexpectedly skyrocket - and it must be a tendency indeed, given the large number of games that you flake out of - then you should consider not signing up for any games unless you're damn sure that your temperature won't unexpectedly skyrocket.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (isolation #86) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:46 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 565, Yume wrote:p-edit: Do you know how petty it is to kick someone out of the game they were looking forward to for months and would have enjoyed just so you could enjoy it without them?
So because someone acts petty to you, you act petty to them? This behavior isn't becoming of you.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #580 (isolation #87) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:20 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 570, Yume wrote:I am not redacting because I don't like them. I am redacting to protect their identity.
This makes absolutely 0 sense.

You're complaining that [redacted] is not getting punished but you are, even though you presumably both flaked. Then you say you're hiding [redacted]'s identity. How the hell are the mods/people reading this/whoever supposed to compare the two cases or tell you why [redacted] was not punished, or best case scenario, WotC [redacted] as well, if you don't tell us who they are?

Of course, that's leaving aside the fact that anyone who's read this thread/seen the threads you make probably knows damn well who [redacted] is, so this is merely a fig leaf to cover up the fact that you're intentionally being petty by refusing to speak their name and essentially acting like they're Voldemort.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #581 (isolation #88) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 579, Yume wrote:Also keep in mind I don't like being VT when you reply.
How is this the fault of game mods? Why should they design more role madness setups - infamously hard to balance and tricky to run - just because
you personally dislike
being the most common role in mafia?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #592 (isolation #89) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:59 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 582, Yume wrote:No, we didn't both flake. But he did make a game unpleasant for someone, which, by the post Nexus made, is also a reason to WoTC/punish him. Read my post more carefully next time.
If the point was a rebel, you'd be a Stormtrooper. Regardless of exactly why that person sucks, we can't address your complaint about how the two of you are treated unequally unless we understand who they are and what they have done.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #598 (isolation #90) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Accountant »

She can't because she gets sick every time she plays

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #604 (isolation #91) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:53 am

Post by Accountant »

This thread reeks of entitlement

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #92) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Accountant »

You should consider Aristo's deal. It's a damn good one.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (isolation #93) » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 619, Yume wrote:I would accept that deal, but judging by the tone of the post, that deal is probably a dud/a joke.
get a grip on yourself

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (isolation #94) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Accountant »

people mock aristo for being a yes man but he really lives up to his title here

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #650 (isolation #95) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'm starting to think that yume enjoys being a victim

Return to “Mafia Discussion”