Charisma and Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #0) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

my avatar is very townie
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (isolation #1) » Sat May 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Time to sig that gamma
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #2) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

When I joined the site and was busy waiting in queue I was reading a game to prep. It was the Newbie you were force to out as the tracker in.

I thought your avatar was an invalid avatar placeholder.

Readwise it was neutral but you were obvtown that game. Yume was obvscum, blew my mind how she slipped off the face of the earth until GL replaced her late game.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #3) » Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Cerb no avatar is super scummy

Probably a factor in how I perceived Reasonably Rational as superscum in SU2. That and the high percentage of cerb setup spec v. number of posts between day 0-day 2.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Sun May 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Make every post have meaning. It doesn't matter if it's a wall or not.

The shittiest appearing posts I've made is when I posted pictures of cars back and forth with Grey. I was questioning his motives and by reciprocating I asked if he was in the backseat (related to my argument against him) and he reinforced this by sheeping me on scum.

Meanwhile the first content post I made as scum in Darkest Dungeon was an absolute crap wall. It had the obvious flaw 90% of the wall was pointless when I had been establishing Keyser Soze was shitvoting, yet it wasn't a definitive fact that he was until his Frozen Angel head appeared, and then after had Keyser vote change. I acknowledged this but I had detailed so many instances of my invented problem that I made it seem like the hydra was being nefarious with their vote. (I do feel like there was a small misplay from town!keyser but that didn't compare to not calling me out on it-pride is a funny thing.)
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #5) » Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Lycanfire »

I think doing that is difficult. If you build a proper rapport like what you would do with a colleague in mafia you would be a scumfuck. I've read that in live mafia, towns almost always win unless scum forced the town to love them.

It is my belief that the REAL way to build a rapport is to shit test someone-whatever poking and prodding you think will gain a response that should satisfy you if they are town. I've been too busy to continue my post mortem for Newbie 1791, but I did this type of test with GuiltyLion, and he failed it. My meta was brought into question and GL referenced the scumgame of mine he experienced marking the differences in play. I was still trying to feel him out, and didn't feel like I had a good case on him to mark as my primary scumread. I did the EXACT same thing I did in my scumgame on purpose to test his response. His response was the same.

This test? Asking him about a specific intricacy in his play. It didn't matter
what
. In Micro 677, I questioned his motives in trying to build a townbloc and asked him for examples of him doing so previously. In Newbie 1791 I went out of my way to mimic that to spite his townread of me and after he stated that he would 'red and bold' quotes often (which I accused him of being manipulative) I responded with nothing besides 'call', and he supported his statement like he had in the past. That earned him an investigation that night, mainly because I was going to autolynch scum the next day had I lived and I wanted to find their partner, and GL was the most likely.

My way may not be perfect, but I think if you are to do this, it should be in a way similar to this.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #6) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

To be honest I treat my scumreads as being lesser than dirt. That is something I have been trying to improve on as I noticed after the vetted playerlist thread that everyone I had flamed eventually replaced out of the game although not immediately.

I see no reason to be nice to my scumreads though. I want them dead. I want them to cry at the sight of my posts. I simply don't want to be cruel about it. I'm a heartbreaker, not a monster.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #7) » Mon May 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Buddying your scumreads is an interesting idea, but you also have to fake incompetence or they will probably kill you if you seem just barely competent to shift gears. I also feel like if you don't in some way hint or crumb what you're doing, it can bite you in the ass lategame when you do make the flop, unless the town universally thinks you're made of rainbows.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:12 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

Hey,

Just a heads up that most of your posts on Charisma have been on the wiki for almost a year. I took the liberty to edit it for readability and mould it more in the shape of an article rather than episodic writings. As an example I put the creation of a baseline above likability. Ultimately, I have only been the editor and how you want to collect or group your writings in the future is up to you. LINK

Return to “Mafia Discussion”