The G.O.A.T

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #183 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:59 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I find it interesting that besides myself and Nachomamma and LLD none of the players mentioned in this thread are anything that would approach modern players.

I feel like some of the people from the playing from 2013 onward crowd should get together and discuss who they think are the best of the people who still play / made their name recently.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #189 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:33 pm

In post 187, Papa Zito wrote:Your old guard is someone else's newbie
Sure. But of the people who play in the era I would consider 'my' era- and I'm fully aware that Nacho and LLD predate me by a significant margin- none besides me were mentioned.

And my mention was not one that was readily agreed on by others.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #190 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:37 pm

And that's with the caveat that I consider myself a year and a half past my peak. I find it hard to believe that no one played excellently enough in 2016 or so far in 2017 to be worth adding here.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #210 (isolation #3) » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:19 pm

I think that everyone who is overall good at town now has games that are too recent where they were town and just totally fucked stuff up and that makes it difficult to name them.
In like, 2-3 years, I think the collective memory will be much better at determining who actually was good at town in the present than we can come up with now.
Or another way of saying: I think that Vecna and Leon are so highly regarded because they haven't been around long enough to have royally fucked up some games that everyone will hold against them.

For everyone else, the marks against them are too near.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”