Your voting system. What??

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #32 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:02 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 31, callforjudgement wrote:it requires a decent amount of discipline from the players and not everyone has that.

Players who are afraid to murder their enemies the nanosecond those enemies reach L-1 are timid, mewling little whelps who will be the first to be eaten when the cold season falls.

Passive mafia players, like passive lovers, tend to sit back and let others do the dirty work. They tend to be weak, overly analytical, and don’t want the responsibility that comes with wanton murder.

Take a stand. Let the bloodlust of your mafiascum ancestors flow through you. Become drunk with the power of life and death, then swing that hammer to show how strong your convictions are.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:14 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 33, Thestatusquo wrote:Idk I think this site has way more of a problem with too many people trying to lead the town and not accepting anyone elses reads than the opposite.
Realtalk though, I definitely agree on this front. As players have regrettably come to rely more on meta, you see a lot of head butting about who can read X better.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:31 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 35, mhsmith0 wrote:It's especially amusing to see "omg you'd totally townread me if you were town", even more so when directed at players who aren't even competent as town :P

I haaaaaaaate that. When someone isn’t town reading me and should be, I usually just assume they can’t read me as well as they think, or that they’re trying to draw me into a fight. I’m considered by a lot of people to be hard to read, and only a handful of people can claim to have any measure of success at doing so. (Katsuki and pirate mollie come most immediately to mind. Probably mastina too) And for the drawing me into a fight, I feel like most people think I’m easier to read when I’m arguing with them.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 38, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 36, kuribo wrote:
In post 35, mhsmith0 wrote:It's especially amusing to see "omg you'd totally townread me if you were town", even more so when directed at players who aren't even competent as town :P

I haaaaaaaate that. When someone isn’t town reading me and should be, I usually just assume they can’t read me as well as they think, or that they’re trying to draw me into a fight. I’m considered by a lot of people to be hard to read, and only a handful of people can claim to have any measure of success at doing so. (Katsuki and pirate mollie come most immediately to mind. Probably mastina too) And for the drawing me into a fight, I feel like most people think I’m easier to read when I’m arguing with them.
I think the actual truth here is also an issue on the site and underlies a real problem, which is that maybe you're just not very good at looking town? People seem to be completely unwilling to consider the possibility that perhaps the reason they are being scum read is that they are playing like scum would. Some players even go so far as to play more scummy as town in order to boost scum win rate.

It's a huge issue.

If I was bad at looking town, I'd have been mislynched more than twice in ten years and I'd have a way worse scum win rate. My problem is that I'm so good at looking town that sometimes people don't trust it since they've seen me look incredibly town while murdering them at night.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 40, callforjudgement wrote:Sometimes I scumread people for townreading me when they logically should, given the rest of their reads and actions, be scumreading me if they're town.

And yes, there definitely is a "reverse burden of proficiency" problem where if a person's been proven to be sufficiently good at looking town when they're actually scum, nobody's willing to strongly townread them ever again.

You can only dance on the corpses of those you led for so long before people stop following you.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone townreading me, only for someone who's played with me before to go, "Yeah but the last time I played with kuribo..." hell, my last game, I vigged my own scum buddy and coasted on the town cred from that. How many times do you think I'll ever get away with that now? At least to people who were in that game.

And it's kind of insane because I've seen people scum read me for being too hostile, as well as for being too passive, so it kind of depends on the player.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”