Criticism of Geriatric

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 6, Firebringer wrote:
In post 4, Mathdino wrote:
In post 2, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 1, SleepyKrew wrote:if you don't like the geriatric ruleset don't play geriatric games ok next
This is useless. Please don’t post this
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

The ruleset is inherently scum sided.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Agree to disagree. I don’t want this thread turning into Mafia Frequency Posting Discussion 2.0.

I have no issue with people preferring to play under the ruleset. I’m just trying whine about it in a thread tailored for doing just that.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #3) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Mainly because when there was a wave of people criticizing hyper-posting, we told them the exact thing and got ignored. I don’t think that’s fair.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It wasn’t every game and not every player was a hyper-poster. We suggested blacklisting people who they felt hyper posted and got ignored.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #5) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Anyway I don’t understand why we can’t criticze the ruleset. I don’t think this thread was made to attack anyone or any group so I really don’t get it.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Not true. If we go by Kort’s list.
Transcend
rb
RadiantCowbells
Lil Uzi Vert
Drealmerz7
Gamma Emerald
gerryoat
Boonskiies
Creature
Titus
Mulch
The above weren’t spreading themselves too thin on site at the time and more than half of that list doesn’t even play that much anymore.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:44 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don’t think it was an attack but I don’t see why not having to do something means you can’t criticize it.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #32 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think the problem is considering criticism hate. It’s more so pointing out you’re unlikely to win games as town under this ruleset and that if it’s ever implemented, will most likely drop town win rates even more.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:34 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 44, Ellibereth wrote:
Spoiler: Hyperactive Rules
This game is played under a Hyperactive ruleset. This means that posting frequency is restricted as follows:
  1. Every player has to make a minimum of 15 posts in a 24 hour period. In the 24 hour period immediately preceding a deadline, players have to make a minimum of 20 posts. The definition of a 24 hour period must be provided by the moderator.
  2. Every player starts with a reserve of 20 posts. The number of posts a player still needs to make to meet the daily minimum is subtracted from this reserve after each 24 hour period.
  3. Players who deplete their reserve will receive a warning. Any further infractions after that will incur mod punishment.
  4. Players are alloweded
    infinite
    naked vote changes per in-game Day.

The following are general posting guidelines for Hyperactive games:

Spoiler: Posting Guidelines
The following are guidelines for playing within the restrictions of a Hyperactive ruleset (and generally), and are designed to win games and maximize enjoyment.
  • If you have more posts, you are more town. Leave everyone in the dust and go for the gold.
  • Don't forget that not everyone has to read every post. Do whatever you want in the thread if it benefits you. It's the other players perogative if they want to read or skip your posts. Remember that there's no evidence any of these other people actually exist and that the goal of the game is for you to win as many arguments as you can and to enjoy yourself.
  • Abuse the fact that you can make as many posts in a row as you want. You can always correct typos or clean up ideas after you make a post. Use LEFT SHIFT or CAPS LOCK for emphases when needed. Raw unedited content is more organic and is thus more town.
  • As an overly general rule, any post longer than 5 lines and any line longer than 20 words is too long.
  • It is good etiquette for everyone on a mislynch wagon to APOLOGIZE the next gameday.
:lol:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (isolation #10) » Sat Jan 06, 2018 12:01 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I was actually going to mention that hyperposting has been down significantly.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think it’s idiotic to expect most players to give up their individuality and personal goals for the team.

As much as you don’t want to hear this Flubber, there is an “I” in team – there is simply no getting around the fact that teams are comprised of individuals. If you crush the individual character and spirit of those who form your team, how can your team operate at its best? It cannot. The strongest teams don’t weed out or neutralize individual tendencies, they capitalize on them.

The goal of a town leader in my opinion is not to clone him or herself, but to harness individual strengths for the greater good of the team, and for the overall benefit of the town. This is best accomplished by leveraging individual talents; not stifling them.

The simple fact is that no town can maximize their potential by ignoring or minimizing the strengths of individual members. While smart town leaders seek to align expectations and to create unity in vision, they understand this has nothing to do with demanding conformity in thought, or perspective. In fact, savvy town leaders do everything possible to inspire non-conformity in approach. It’s only by stretching the boundaries of “normal” that players can fuel change and innovation.

If unique perspectives, philosophical differences, and dissenting opinions on mafia were viewed more as an opportunity as opposed to a set-back, growth and development in the player base will probably follow.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #150 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don’t think you understood of word of what I just said.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I think geriatric is scum-sided because scum have an easier time dictating the conversation and pace in those games. Those games are also much more difficult to properly engage in their entirety. Towns need to be able to interact with a ton of content and then some. Towns struggle if there is not enough information and can't work with and talk to each other.
Last edited by Lil Uzi Vert on Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:49 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Again, I have no issue with anyone wanting to play under the ruleset. I have an issue with those who believe playing under the ruleset or a similar one would make overall play on this site better. I have an issue with those who believe hyperactivity is why town win rates are so low.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 223, Aeronaut wrote:
In post 218, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Again, I have no issue with anyone wanting to play under the ruleset. I have an issue with those who believe playing under the ruleset or a similar one would make overall play on this site better. I have an issue with those who believe hyperactivity is why town win rates are so low.
Town winrates are low due to a huge lack of town investment in the game.

Low activity and wall posting leads to lack of town investment in the game.

Ergo

Return to “Mafia Discussion”