Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4875 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:11 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 4873, Greeting wrote:I have a loose idea. A kind of April Fool's Game Mafia game. Which has power roles, but all of them are useless or not very useful.

Examples of roles:

Town Power Roles: Town Crier (every Night Phase they get to submit a message which will contain up to 100 words but cannot mention any player or role in the game, the message will be posted at the start of the following Day), Drunk Cop (every Night Phase they get a random read, which has a 50% accuracy), Voiceless (their votes do not count in the tally), Drunk Texter (they get to send a message to the host every Night Phase, the meaning of it will be reversed, it will be rephrased and then sent to a random player)

Mafia Power Roles: Mafia Cop (a Cop, but aligned with the Mafia), Self-Vigilante (They can only target themselves)

I might put in one town and one mafia role in the game, which will have one shot-only, and, with a bit of luck might actually help them. Thoughts?
I guess that Voiceless is like the modifier . Drunk Cop is like a . Town Crier is like a . Drunk Texter is similar to a but with added mod-notes. You could add a Mafia Jailkeeper as a joke, if you want.

However, you might want to read if you plan to run it in the Mini Theme Queue. Though, to run a Mini Theme, you need to have moderated a Open (for which you might want to read ) or a Mini Normal (for which you might want to read ).

But then, you can just convince somebody else to run it for you.

I guess that if you want to advice on this setup, you could make a thread in the Open Setup Discussion subforum and if you want the setup reviewed, you can post in the Open Setup Review thread.
Last edited by RH9 on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #4876 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 4874, lilith2013 wrote:I’d recommend making a new thread and asking for opinions there. This thread is for gauging interest on themes, not reviewing/advising on setups.
But... that is what I’m doing.
RH9 wrote:
In post 4873, Greeting wrote:I have a loose idea. A kind of April Fool's Game Mafia game. Which has power roles, but all of them are useless or not very useful.

Examples of roles:

Town Power Roles: Town Crier (every Night Phase they get to submit a message which will contain up to 100 words but cannot mention any player or role in the game, the message will be posted at the start of the following Day), Drunk Cop (every Night Phase they get a random read, which has a 50% accuracy), Voiceless (their votes do not count in the tally), Drunk Texter (they get to send a message to the host every Night Phase, the meaning of it will be reversed, it will be rephrased and then sent to a random player)

Mafia Power Roles: Mafia Cop (a Cop, but aligned with the Mafia), Self-Vigilante (They can only target themselves)

I might put in one town and one mafia role in the game, which will have one shot-only, and, with a bit of luck might actually help them. Thoughts?
I guess that Voiceless is like the modifier . Drunk Cop is like a . Town Crier is like a . Drunk Texter is similar to a but with added mod-notes. You could add a Mafia Jailkeeper as a joke, if you want.

However, you might want to read if you plan to run it in the Mini Theme Queue. Though, to run a Mini Theme, you need to have moderated a Open (for which you might want to read ) or a Mini Normal (for which you might want to read ).

But then, you can just convince somebody else to run it for you.
Ugh, I guess this is like the music industry. Anything you come up with isn’t something people haven’t already done. Nah, I’d find it more pleasurable to run this than play, hence why I’m asking.

I’ve ran mafia games before, so I know how to do it. I’d just need to adjust to the way things are ran on MafiaScum. The thread will be helpful for that!
Last edited by Greeting on Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4877 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:17 pm

Post by Ythan »

I recall this game fondly, loaded it with prs but with a similar outcome.

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64609
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4878 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by lilith2013 »

it sounded like you were looking for advice on the roles, in which case it's better to be able to have a dedicated thread to discuss the setup. apologies if that's not the case.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #4879 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 4878, lilith2013 wrote:it sounded like you were looking for advice on the roles, in which case it's better to be able to have a dedicated thread to discuss the setup. apologies if that's not the case.
Yeah, I might have been misunderstood. The examples of roles were just something off my mind. I was just wondering if anyone would be even remotely interested in playing a game like this.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4880 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:21 pm

Post by Ythan »

I wouldn't mind having it sprung on me but I don't know how excited I'd be about it if I knew going in.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4881 (ISO) » Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4877, Ythan wrote:I recall this game fondly, loaded it with prs but with a similar outcome.

viewtopic.php?f=111&t=64609
That game. :/

Also this one:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=64679

Very close to 11-2 mountainous. Scum players were immune to all town powers.
In post 4880, Ythan wrote:I wouldn't mind having it sprung on me but I don't know how excited I'd be about it if I knew going in.
Something both games featured, though "Clown" and "Mountain" in the game titles were a hint!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4882 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:43 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

Just asking here...

Nearly Mountainous, but with a twist.

I kinda want to streamline the idea I had for a previous game I made.

15 player game.
3 Scum.
12 Town.

Day Phase and Night Phase, with a twist mechanic.

During Day Phase each players pick a player to Lim and what room they want to be in at Night. There are 3 rooms (nothing special about the rooms, just where people go at Night).
Rooms have a Private PT that is reset each Night. No In-Thread communication during Night.
During Night Phase Mafia kills one person from a room. There are some qualifications to this.
If any Mafia member is in a room with only Scum or Scum outnumber Town in that room, then they can choose to kill whoever they want.
If the rooms are all equal between Town and Scum then Scum can kill whoever they want.
Otherwise, Scum has to kill Town in the room with the least amount of Town in that room if there is a Scum member in that room.

Win Cons:
Town: Eliminate all Mafia.
Mafia: Reach Paraty with Town OR get everyone to be in the same room at Night.

Wondering if someone can tell me if this is just ridiculously Scum sided or not.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4883 (ISO) » Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That feels like a potential open setup, might wanna make a thread for it
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4884 (ISO) » Sun Dec 19, 2021 4:40 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 4883, Gamma Emerald wrote:That feels like a potential open setup, might wanna make a thread for it
Thanks. Did so here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=88403
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4885 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:10 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i'm working on a Lost theme game, is there interest for that?
rousseau
rousseau
Goon
rousseau
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4886 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:59 am

Post by rousseau »

In post 4885, Save The Dragons wrote:i'm working on a Lost theme game, is there interest for that?
+)
Show
il est dehors. il est dehors et brennan a pris les clés. veuillez nous aider. ils sont morts. ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts.

ils sont tous morts. aidez-nous. ils sont morts. si qui que ce soit puisse entendre ceci,

il est dehors. veuillez nous aider. veuillez nous aider.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4887 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 4:57 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

Been thinking about a Wings of Fire themed game but I’m hoping to have other people’s opinions about it and also for balance purposes (plus trauma since last time I tried designing a game offsite and realized I'm not qualified at all to make mafia games lol). Currently it's just an idea though so any help would be nice.
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4888 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 4887, StrangeMatter wrote:Been thinking about a Wings of Fire themed game but I’m hoping to have other people’s opinions about it and also for balance purposes (plus trauma since last time I tried designing a game offsite and realized I'm not qualified at all to make mafia games lol). Currently it's just an idea though so any help would be nice.
Cool.
(You could request reviewers if you require them.)

v/la every weekend

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4889 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

I mean sure but there’s not really anything to review at the moment with a few random ideas for potential roles and such.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4890 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 6:01 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I want to mod a swinger’s version of the Free Love game I comodded originally with beeboy. It would be similar but with different flavour and that element added to it. It would also ideally involve people signing up as pairs.

I’m trying to first fully grasp the swingers’s aspect to it, which Ari laid out in a private thread and then attempt to explain it. Then I would hopefully get a comod to help mod it.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=83872&start=475
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
lendunistus
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
lendunistus
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4891 (ISO) » Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:16 am

Post by lendunistus »

would people be interested in a shin megami tensei 3 mafia game? would begin seriously working on it after I finish the game

it’d also have TTRPGish events
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4892 (ISO) » Sun May 15, 2022 7:07 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4890, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:I want to mod a swinger’s version of the Free Love game I comodded originally with beeboy. It would be similar but with different flavour and that element added to it. It would also ideally involve people signing up as pairs.

I’m trying to first fully grasp the swingers’s aspect to it, which Ari laid out in a private thread and then attempt to explain it. Then I would hopefully get a comod to help mod it.

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=83872&start=475
So, basically the game would differ from Free Love, because each pair has the option of “swinging” or switching lovers - could be nightly or only a specified number of times but both partners would have to bold the words “swing” in their respective PTs and two other players would also have to presumably do this. Only caveat would be you can never pair with anyone you left.

Thoughts?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4893 (ISO) » Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Large Multiball Atypical Faction Game

Yeah its.. complicated

So I made a dedicated thread here if you have interest or questions
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=89579
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #4894 (ISO) » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by Korina »

Dumb GIM idea:

For each slot in the game, I roll X times on the GIM thread to create a deck of roles, (probably around 10 times)
I draft a single card as well and put it in the deck

The deck is then publicly posted, and I draft roles from the deck to create a setup. (Drafting idea is I draw X cards at random and pick the one I like the most out of X.)

Alternative idea:
All players pick 10 roles from GIM to send to me that comprises the deck, and U follow the above drafting idea to create the actual setup

Would anyone be interested in this hypothetical setup?
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4895 (ISO) » Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:20 pm

Post by RH9 »

Would anybody be interested in a Micro Secret Alt Theme game?

v/la every weekend

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4896 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

if anyone knows anything about the design process for the game GuyinFreezer modded called "this game is for pie(suffix)n" pls hmu because I'd like to run a sequel
if you don't but are interested in being a reviewer/co-mod/whatever attached to the running of the game also hmu
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4897 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 4895, RH9 wrote:Would anybody be interested in a Micro Secret Alt Theme game?
I think there’s definitely a demand for secret alt games on here.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4898 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 4895, RH9 wrote:Would anybody be interested in a Micro Secret Alt Theme game?
Are you able to inform the mod if there are players you don't want to play with? Because Secret Alt can result in some clashing otherwise.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4899 (ISO) » Sat Jul 30, 2022 10:58 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 4898, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Are you able to inform the mod if there are players you don't want to play with? Because Secret Alt can result in some clashing otherwise.
Yes.
You can.
WOTC and WOTM would still apply when you PM to sign up.
Sorry for the late reply.

v/la every weekend

Return to “Mafia Discussion”