Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4500 (ISO) » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:31 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yes
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4499, keyenpeydee wrote:Are people interested in a Greek Myth large theme mafia with special mechanics and stuffs?
Could be fun
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:27 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Sorry, had to revoke the Greek Myth theme since my knowledge on it is really short. Gonna mod a Divergent Theme though and hopefully people would be interested to be in it.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Can I post theme ideas for others here? I have no idea how to mod.

Twilight Zone - It's a good life. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/It's_a_Go ... ight_Zone) Episode synopsis
For anyone who has never seen it, they MAY have seen the Simpsons remake: Basically there is a kid with godlike powers, and he wants everyone in a town to be nice to him, and for the most part, each other. Everyone praises the kid for his every action, no matter how horrifying it is (turning people into jack-in-the-boxes, and exiling them from the universe)

In this role madness-bastard game of mafia, the mod is Anthony (the kid with godlike powers) and everyone must be kind and nice to him and each other, or they will pay the price. First with Vanilla-izing them, then by mod-killing them and banishing them to the death-thread realm. Anthony needs your help to find the bad guys, but you must do so in your friendly-ist manner.

There is no taunting, yelling, crying,
sarcasm
, or anything that might upset or disturb the mod. Anthony understand there will be disagreements, but all interactions should be cordial and be explained thoroughly, because Anthony does not want to feel dumb for not understanding your point. For instance Anthony may not understand what you mean if you were to post only: "This is Obvtown, or Obvscum" You would have to explain your thoughts for thinking so. Also, Anthony hates words like scum and mafia, and prefers "bad guys"

Another option for this game could be to have a mod confirmed voteless town TreeStump play Anthony, that could harass people he thinks is scum, trying to get them to step out of line and be mod killed for not being nice.

First offense - Vanilla-ize
Second offense - mod kill
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
hackdmemaybe
hackdmemaybe
Watcher
hackdmemaybe
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by hackdmemaybe »

Has someone run a puzzle and dragon mafia?
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I think I missed at least one Suikoden-themed game during my absence. Anyone willing to run another Suikoden-themed game will be my tenkai star, ESP. if it's S1, S4, or S5 based. And when I say tenkai star, I don't mean Thomas
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:50 am

Post by Umlaut »

HALF LIFE:
FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES

Source material:

The Fanfic

Anyone want to play this?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by Alisae »

Hey guys.
I wanna create a mini theme
dedicated to the new NieR game that recently came out.
It's gonna be based on that.
And I was wondering if anyone would be interested in this and if anyone wants to help me out with making a set up maybe?
That'd be really cool. Thanks :D
GTKAS
| here.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Andrius »

Would there be any interest in a DEFCON Mini Theme?
I'm considering running DEFCON: GAIDEN which would basically be a side-story while TOTAL WAR sits firmly in the WIP bucket.

My other idea is an original game based on Angel Beats! with its fair share of non-standard mechanics.

If either product/service interests you please let me know.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:19 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 4505, Belisarius wrote:I think I missed at least one Suikoden-themed game during my absence. Anyone willing to run another Suikoden-themed game will be my tenkai star, ESP. if it's S1, S4, or S5 based. And when I say tenkai star, I don't mean Thomas
not Suikoden 3? FOR SHAME
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Would there maybe be interest in a semi-open StarCraft Mafia?

I'm thinking Terran Confederacy as Town, Rebels as Mafia, Zerg as Cult, and Protoss as a third party that wins if every Zerg is dead and at least one Protoss player is living by the end of the game.

Roles will be based on units from the game. Vanillas will be SCV/Drone/Probe, Marines/Zealots/Zerglings will be vig variants, Science Vessel/Observer/Overlord Watchers/Trackers, etc.

If there's interest I can start work toward my modding requirements and nail down the specifics more.

EDIT: Alternatively, someone else can host and work with me on the set up.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'd be interested :)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:11 pm

Post by Not Chara »

looking to gauge interest between a Binding of Isaac 13p or a Psychonauts 13p. both would be flavour-heavy, but Psychonauts more-so.

Binding of Isaac: item-based powers system in which players buy x-shot powers and passives during the day. the daily selection will be randomized but rerolled in case of imbalance. for the most part the PRs will not be that strong, but it will be possible to combine them and increase their utility.

Psychonauts: will use a subconscious mechanic inspired by the recently-completed Inception Mafia. every player will receive a PT in addition to the public main thread, with mechanics and roles centered on entering the subconscious PTs of other players.
flavour-heavy as mentioned, and each subconscious will be unique in some way when it comes to role-interactions. flavour info for each player will be public and unrelated to alignment, but will affect their subconscious and some aspect of their role.

which one is there more interest for?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:26 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Is everybody interested in a roleplay mafia? It's basically mafia, but it has a plot with certain objectives that doesn't affect the game, and the special mechanic is roleplaying. It's a mafia for writers and roleplayers who wish to make mafia a fun more experience. I'm gonna mod this on the Mini Theme or the Large Theme (depends if large amounts of players are interested in this.)

For those who are curious what's a roleplaying, you can visit roleplaying sites to learn more about it. Also, I'm not talking about an RPG game.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:08 am

Post by Elbirn »

I never read this thread, time to praise 3 months worth of ideas
In post 4494, eagerSnake wrote:What about a theme game where the thread is always unlocked and anyone can post in the thread including dead players and people who are not in the game, with no dead thread or spectator thread and no spoilers
This could be an excellent idea if properly executed. I've always felt that a town population is a whole hell of a lot more than 13 people, so the thematic of "we are the town folk grr let's get them" of an original flavored mafia game is just weirddd. Have a whole slew of people participating, coming and going as they please, with only a standard games size of "real" players; these ones might be townsfolk who have reason to be suspected by the populace at large, or be important figures in town. If you can find a way to keep out shitposters and bad people it'd be 10/10
In post 4499, keyenpeydee wrote:Are people interested in a Greek Myth large theme mafia with special mechanics and stuffs?
You later withdrew this, but this is a great idea.
In post 4505, Belisarius wrote:I think I missed at least one Suikoden-themed game during my absence. Anyone willing to run another Suikoden-themed game will be my tenkai star, ESP. if it's S1, S4, or S5 based. And when I say tenkai star, I don't mean Thomas
Sorry belly-bay-bee, you missed varsoons suikoden themed game where town had a perfect win because of the wombo-combo of me and Titus being in our prime and mind melding together
In post 4512, Not Chara wrote:looking to gauge interest between a Binding of Isaac 13p or a Psychonauts 13p. both would be flavour-heavy, but Psychonauts more-so.
My greatest shame is that I never played psychonauts (despite owning it..), but isaac is my life and I'd love to see that happen

Edit:
In post 4503, Vaxkiller wrote:Twilight Zone -snip-
Oh! I forgot to mention how great an idea this one is too. I like the idea of everyone being forced to play nice, particularly since mafia can be very...intense.
Last edited by Elbirn on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

Oh

Persona 5 has been an awesome time thus far and I'd really like to see a mafia game based on it and have thought up some interesting ideas/mechanics but I am not a mod
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4514, Elbirn wrote:
In post 4494, eagerSnake wrote:What about a theme game where the thread is always unlocked and anyone can post in the thread including dead players and people who are not in the game, with no dead thread or spectator thread and no spoilers
This could be an excellent idea if properly executed. I've always felt that a town population is a whole hell of a lot more than 13 people, so the thematic of "we are the town folk grr let's get them" of an original flavored mafia game is just weirddd. Have a whole slew of people participating, coming and going as they please, with only a standard games size of "real" players; these ones might be townsfolk who have reason to be suspected by the populace at large, or be important figures in town. If you can find a way to keep out shitposters and bad people it'd be 10/10
Hmmmmmmmm

Yeah it's honestly a pretty good idea. I might properly sit down and design something along those lines and might propose it to eagersnake, it's a p interesting idea.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 4512, Not Chara wrote:Psychonauts: will use a subconscious mechanic inspired by the recently-completed Inception Mafia. every player will receive a PT in addition to the public main thread, with mechanics and roles centered on entering the subconscious PTs of other players.
This
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Ser Arthur Dayne
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Ser Arthur Dayne
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 6:53 am

Post by Ser Arthur Dayne »

In post 4516, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:
In post 4514, Elbirn wrote:
Hmmmmmmmm

Yeah it's honestly a pretty good idea. I might properly sit down and design something along those lines and might propose it to eagersnake, it's a p interesting idea.
So, brainstorming.

- Game hard capped at a specific amount of players alive at once (maybe like 30-50?).
- People /in to the game and start playing right away with their first post.
- Every player who /ins has a 75% chance of becoming "town", 5% chance of becoming "SK", 10% chance of becoming "blue mafia", and 10% chance of becoming "red mafia".
- Those who get town then have 70% chance of becoming "VT", 5% chance of becoming "doctor", 5% chance of becoming "cop", 5% chance of becoming "vig", 5% chance of becoming "jailkeeper", 5% chance of becoming "innocent child", 5% chance of becoming "vengeful" (gets a kill on any death not just lynch).
- Those who get any of the two mafia factions have 80% chance of becoming "mafia goon", 5% chance of "roleblocker", 5% of "godfather", 5% of "role cop", 5% of "strongman".
- Those who get SK are automatically 1-shot BP.

- Those who do not post for 72hrs (without V/LA) any time after their /in are prodded. If they do not respond to a prod, they automatically die and get flipped. There are no replacements.
- Game does not officaly start until at least 9 people have inned and at least 1 anti-town alignment is given out.

Also thinking of adding dayvig "drops" where at the beginning of each day something like 20% of the playerlist gets 1-shot day vig for that day they can make on thread.
vezokpiraka: If you are playing on EUNE we can duo.
chesskid3: I play on NA because i enjoy my freedom.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:35 am

Post by Elbirn »

See that's all solid, but I imagined say a 13 player normal theme, but dozens of spectators and onlookers can post and contribute and try to partake in the discussion

Also your last little rule there could be broken; i.e., once the game has started, town knows that one of those people who have already /inned are scum
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:11 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Thank you for reminding me of this idea. I won't be getting around to it for at least another month or two. I really like the feedback here and it seems "the people" would enjoy the main idea. So, feel free to run any variations you desire.
As long as I get an invite.
inspectorscout
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
inspectorscout
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:33 am

Post by inspectorscout »

A game where days are not limited in time, but in pages. For example, day 1 ends in plurality at exactly 40 pages.
But I know,
At the end...
Remind me of the fool I really am.

Am Zaphkael now.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

A game with no time restraints, scum can't kill, rather, townies die randomly over time.

Apocalypse mafia.

You could even make it nightless, all play happens on day 1. Town must lynch the scum before they all die, lynches don't end days.

Also toying around with the idea of a "note-passing" mechanic, where players can pass notes (messages, through the moderator) at any time during the day, however everyone "sees" the note being passed. (Moderator posts on game thread "Xxx passed a note to Yyy.") (Because in real life, people may see the note being passed.) Or a "whisper" mechanic (same thing)

Could even go further with that one by making players "sit" next to each other, and they can only pass notes to who they're sitting next to, and that player can pass it on (or not) to the next one.

I like the idea of giving people choices as well, example "Xxx passed you a note intended for yyy. Would you like to
A) Read the note
B) Pass the note
C) Destroy the note
D) Publicly reveal the note"

Etc
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:32 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4522, eagerSnake wrote:A game with no time restraints, scum can't kill, rather, townies die randomly over time.

Apocalypse mafia.

You could even make it nightless, all play happens on day 1. Town must lynch the scum before they all die, lynches don't end days.

Also toying around with the idea of a "note-passing" mechanic, where players can pass notes (messages, through the moderator) at any time during the day, however everyone "sees" the note being passed. (Moderator posts on game thread "Xxx passed a note to Yyy.") (Because in real life, people may see the note being passed.) Or a "whisper" mechanic (same thing)

Could even go further with that one by making players "sit" next to each other, and they can only pass notes to who they're sitting next to, and that player can pass it on (or not) to the next one.

I like the idea of giving people choices as well, example "Xxx passed you a note intended for yyy. Would you like to
A) Read the note
B) Pass the note
C) Destroy the note
D) Publicly reveal the note"

Etc

If balanced properly, I think this could be really cool
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:41 am

Post by Not Chara »

Firebringer's Watch Dogs mafia used a messaging mechanic where the mod announced that 'X messaged Y.' i used it to claim traitor to three players, two of which were mafia, which went about as well as you would expect. :>

it was fun. would like to see something similar in another game.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente

Return to “Mafia Discussion”