Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4825 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:59 am

Post by Cook »

In post 4824, Gypyx wrote:
In post 4823, Cook wrote:I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you could be a 3p on the "town" side.
all survivors mafia is a terrible idea and worst thing you could do is add two cult leaders
but not quite that
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4826 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:00 am

Post by Gypyx »

it was a reference to a game run on here that was all survivors apart from two cult leaders
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4827 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:07 am

Post by Cook »

In post 4826, Gypyx wrote:it was a reference to a game run on here that was all survivors apart from two cult leaders
oh god
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4828 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:08 am

Post by Cook »

you might be able to make that work if you did some stuff with x-shots and no ability to see your teammates or talk to them in a pt

shooting blind
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4829 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:09 am

Post by brassherald »

In post 4824, Gypyx wrote:
In post 4823, Cook wrote:I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you could be a 3p on the "town" side.
all survivors mafia is a terrible idea and worst thing you could do is add two cult leaders
You could also just make it so that no one fully understands the rules and then when they all ask to just end the game because no one knows what happens, throwing a hissy fit.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4830 (ISO) » Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:10 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 4828, Cook wrote:you might be able to make that work if you did some stuff with x-shots and no ability to see your teammates or talk to them in a pt

shooting blind
there was that i think, but it still didn't work

don't think the game even got completed

pedit : now that seems like my kind of game
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4831 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:58 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

Didn't the mod leave the site in the middle of the game? I seem to remember this.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4832 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4823, Cook wrote:As an actual board game I was working on a The Thing-style game (this was developed before Among Us surged) where 5 players were trying to keep an arctic base running by collecting food and fixing failing stuff, meanwhile an unknown number of infected players would be uninformed and working against the science team. The two unique twists were that since it was modless you had to decide via unanimity of surviving players to end the game when you thought the infected were eradicated or if you were trying to get endgamed as an infected, and the other one was that a scientist (town) could think "I'm going to win this alone" and win it for themselves by killing everyone else.
Long story short on that one, I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you could be a 3p on the "town" side.
This sounds like Project Winter actually
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4833 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:50 am

Post by Cook »

In post 4832, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 4823, Cook wrote:As an actual board game I was working on a The Thing-style game (this was developed before Among Us surged) where 5 players were trying to keep an arctic base running by collecting food and fixing failing stuff, meanwhile an unknown number of infected players would be uninformed and working against the science team. The two unique twists were that since it was modless you had to decide via unanimity of surviving players to end the game when you thought the infected were eradicated or if you were trying to get endgamed as an infected, and the other one was that a scientist (town) could think "I'm going to win this alone" and win it for themselves by killing everyone else.
Long story short on that one, I'd be intrigued to play/mod a Mafia game where the winners were the ones who were alive and you could be a 3p on the "town" side.
This sounds like Project Winter actually
sort of

I'd still like to see a game where players have to decide unanimously to end it and the town side can win solo
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4834 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Ythan »

What about a mountainous game with x scum and x+1 town where every time town=scum with more than two players scum have to choose one of their own to kill. So the game always goes all the way to 3p lylo but the better scum do the more control they have over which scum make it there.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4835 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:09 am

Post by Not Chara »

Perpetual MyLo.

i'd be interested in seeing another run.
link
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4836 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:15 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4835, Not Chara wrote:Perpetual MyLo.

i'd be interested in seeing another run.
link
I'm happy to run this again. will put it in the queue and see what happens.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4837 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:24 am

Post by Ythan »

Oh cool! Guess it went well? I'll take a look.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4838 (ISO) » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:30 am

Post by fferyllt »

This one is worth a look too: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=30280

the town won a Scummie.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #4839 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 12:49 pm

Post by kuribo »

I've long toyed with doing a series of games in what would be called Chaos Mode.

This would be a bastard style modification, for reasons that will become clear. It will also be extremely swingy and impossible to balance, but it might be fun:

Chaos Mode: The moderator begins with a list of any number of game states or status effects. The player base is not aware of the nature of these status effects. At the start of each day and each night, the moderator rolls a dice and announces the subsequent change to the gamestate. Some examples might be: "Everyone is Loved," "You all get a gun!" "Talk Like a Pirate!" "Explosions!" "A hot potato appears!" "No Night Nuesday!" "WTF now the dead can vote?!" And so on.

Furthermore, the first game I would run with this modification would probably be another I've long dreamed of running: "Oops! All Dreaming Gods." Every player is a dreaming god. Every player gets vague names of ten to twenty abilities. No player knows what their abilities do. Chaos Mode may illuminate their abilities to themselves, to others, to the thread at large, may cause them to swap abilities with other people, and so on.

For obvious reasons, the game would be very swingy and potentially unbalanced. I suppose I wouldn't suggest anyone join unless they hate themselves or just want to putz around in a really weird game.

Would there be interest?
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4840 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:47 pm

Post by Gypyx »

that sounds utterly unbalanced

/in

bottom text
Korina
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Korina
Ask, prefers they
Recruiter
Recruiter
Pronoun: Ask, prefers they

Post Post #4841 (ISO) » Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:54 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 4839, kuribo wrote:I've long toyed with doing a series of games in what would be called Chaos Mode.

This would be a bastard style modification, for reasons that will become clear. It will also be extremely swingy and impossible to balance, but it might be fun:

Chaos Mode: The moderator begins with a list of any number of game states or status effects. The player base is not aware of the nature of these status effects. At the start of each day and each night, the moderator rolls a dice and announces the subsequent change to the gamestate. Some examples might be: "Everyone is Loved," "You all get a gun!" "Talk Like a Pirate!" "Explosions!" "A hot potato appears!" "No Night Nuesday!" "WTF now the dead can vote?!" And so on.

Furthermore, the first game I would run with this modification would probably be another I've long dreamed of running: "Oops! All Dreaming Gods." Every player is a dreaming god. Every player gets vague names of ten to twenty abilities. No player knows what their abilities do. Chaos Mode may illuminate their abilities to themselves, to others, to the thread at large, may cause them to swap abilities with other people, and so on.

For obvious reasons, the game would be very swingy and potentially unbalanced. I suppose I wouldn't suggest anyone join unless they hate themselves or just want to putz around in a really weird game.

Would there be interest?
Uh, yes. I would be down to play that.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4842 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:45 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 4839, kuribo wrote:I've long toyed with doing a series of games in what would be called Chaos Mode.

Would there be interest?
OK If I
DONT
pre-in for this theres going to be a lot of questions asked :P
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4843 (ISO) » Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:08 am

Post by Cook »

I'd be willing to be the votecounter and manual laborer that peeks behind the curtain I mean novice mod on this

otherwise yeah that sounds entertaining
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4844 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 4840, Gypyx wrote:that sounds utterly unbalanced

/in
^this
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #4845 (ISO) » Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

Would there be interest?
If hydras are permitted, a very probable yes.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4846 (ISO) » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:12 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

thinking about doing 80s mixtape mafia.... thoughts
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4847 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:40 am

Post by Maruchan »

would there be any interest in a new grand idea upick?
Exampels:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=76258
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=67652

haven't hosted in a few years and these were always the most fun to me
Last edited by Maruchan on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Gypyx
She/Her
Virtute Ex Machina
Virtute Ex Machina

Post Post #4848 (ISO) » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:53 am

Post by Gypyx »

there's one that's starting just now actually lol

bottom text
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4849 (ISO) » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:43 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 4847, Maruchan wrote:would there be any interest in a new grand idea upick?
Exampels:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=76258
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=67652

haven't hosted in a few years and these were always the most fun to me
Probably. Especially since your games seem to allow the especially bastard roles (unlimited dayvig Jester, lol!)
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”