Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2570 (isolation #0) » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:37 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Where's an Egg Mafia:
5 Innocent Bystanders
1 Investigator
1 Investigator's Best Friend
1 Mafia-Ally Egg Thief
1 Mafia-Ally Two-Shot Killer

Here's how the game works: During the day, the town tries to lynch scum as normal. However, they can only lynch three times in a given game (more on this later). The town wins if the Egg Thief is lynched. During the night, the TSK decides if he knows who the investigator is and either doesn't act or shoots someone. Mafia-Allies win if the investigator is NK'd in this manner. The IBF tries to figure out if the mafia know who the investigator is, and if so may sacrifice himself.

Rules for other situations:
- The town runs out of bullets. The TSK may discuss with the Egg Thief who the investigator is, and use all their remaining kills. They lose if they do not hit the investigator. The Investigator's Best Friend cannot sacrifice himself in this stage.
- The TSK is killed or runs out of kills. The game now becomes nightless and the town may lynch without interruption. They lose if they do not hit the Egg Thief.

Obviously needs some fine-tuning but I think this could work.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2609 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:39 am

Post by Kitoari »

I'm going to be running Lucid Dreamers as an actual setup. It's the worst and best idea ever at the same time.

Thoughts?
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2611 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Kitoari »

Plum wrote:Make sure you make it clear which actions are actually eligible. Expect a Town with more time and lucidity on its hands to try to work out a breaking strategy; have your answers and your limits firmly set ahead of time.
It's not vanilla LD - I'm not THAT insane. Basically, actions have to be "crafted" before you can use them, and you can't craft in the same night as you act. This makes it harder to coordinate breaking strategies (on both sides).

As for what is/isn't allowed, I'm definitely putting down these:
- No global actions
- No alignment changing actions
- No "I win" actions
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3875 (isolation #3) » Sat May 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Post by Kitoari »

Yeah, as my sig indicates I want to do a Dept Heaven Large at some point in the future. For reference, that's Riviera: The Promised Land, Yggdra Union, and Knights in the Nightmare. Well, and Gungir, but I don't know that one well enough to write flavor for it.

If you'd played those games and are interested, drop me a line.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”