Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2322 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:35 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Inspired by Max's Use of Time concept-

Survival Mafia

Basic notion is that the players are trapped on an island, and must tend to their needs as well as scumhunt. Everyone has a day action, all of which are private
-A certain number of people must find food, water and tend the fire, or random players will die of starvation/thirst/cold (regardless of alignment) total tally of these is public
-Anyone may role block (although this takes on new risk)
-Would still be some roles with special actions available (such as doctor, etc) who could either take that action or a basic action
-Mafia have the option of sending one player to perform a kill
-Nightless; Mafia have day talk

The overall notion is to force scum and town to work together and against each other at the same time, and to force decisions between individual and group goals.

Questions: Should total unused actions be public? What's a reasonable % of the total players that should be needed for survival?
Last edited by ElectricBadger on Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2336 (isolation #1) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:55 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

animorpherv1 wrote:Anyone? Please?
Overly complex imo. Your days will involve more discussion of what to do with the power then scumhunting.

Also, as set out the mafia just need to spam new additions to skip days.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2345 (isolation #2) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by ElectricBadger »

animorpherv1 wrote:Well, any ideas on how I can make the game less complex? I wanted to make it Thrillville, and contain something Thrillville-esque.
The main issue IMO is that the talk of what to build will seriously distract from the game itself. I suggest limiting it by making it a night action.

How about this: start with only townies; each night, every townie can send in a vote of what to 'build', of a limited selection, and this determines a role that is assigned to a random townie (so townies become PRs as the game progresses). Some attractions may have obvious results, others may be surprising.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2348 (isolation #3) » Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:23 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

animorpherv1 wrote:Thank you! This is just what I was looking for!
Awesome, glad you like!

May want to give townies a chance to vote while they confirm, too. Otherwise it'll be N2 before any PR's can do anything.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2352 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:53 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

I loved the movie (and loved the book a lot more) and might join, but I'm starting a ton of games this week (Modding 2 and Playing 2) so I wouldn't be available any time soon.
ElectricBadger
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
ElectricBadger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:17 am

Post by ElectricBadger »

Looks really interesting to me. The hugeness of the game is daunting, but for something that thought out I'd do it.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”