Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2356 (isolation #0) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:55 am

Post by FC Groningen »

Looks like I've posted this in the wrong thread.

So I'll post it here again.

I've hosted a different game on a different site. You guys might like it, but it requires at least 50 people to participate which might be too much here.

I'll explain the basics here without trying to spoil too much of the content.

For starters, the theme is "Zombie Apocalypse". A group of survivors pull together after the disaster and try to get out of the infected area together. However, some infected zombies that are able to hide from the masses have infiltrated the group. The group will escape if all evil roles are dead.

Secondly, everyone has a unique role based on what I think are stereotypes in movies and horror movies in particular. For example:

Laidback Student: (neutral/blue) 3

Sleeping from 4 till 2, visiting college once a week, wasting yourself in bars and smoking weed from time to time, life is good right? WRONG! The zombie apocalypse made short work of your lazy lifestyle and soon you were forced to hide and fight to survive. Fortunately for you, you come across a group of survivors, but that doesn't get you out of trouble yet...

Objective: Survive with the group and get the hell out of there. (get rid of all the evil roles)

Abilities:

none

Night watch efficiency: 90%

Phobias:
* Outside

Which leads me to the next part of the game, the night guard system. During the night, the survivors need to pick a night guard to keep watch during the night. Everyone has his or her own efficiency percentage which can be influenced by several factors. In case the night guard fails (will be decided by a random number generator) someone random from the group (except evil roles) will die as well during the night. There is no protection against that. Some roles will fall victim earlier than others...

Next, there are the locations. Each day, the thinning group moves to another location to get closer to escape. Each location has its own statistics and sometimes items to use and story. For example:

Day 1.1:
The community center:
The community center is the starting location of this particular game. Every (known) survivor of the zombie unslaught gathered here. Now that a decent group has come together, its time to get out of this city. The community center is a safe and known place with plenty of supplies. Its easily defendable, but the survivors will need to leave the safety of the community center behind if they want to get somewhere...
Statistics:
Defence: none
Supply effects: none
Hidden threats: none
Special: Starting location

In case items are found, they are usually randomly distributed to players. Its possible to steal them from others during a night phase. Items have their own charastics and traits for example:

Coffee:

Will help people to stay awake at night. Night watch efficiency goes up with 50%. Doesn't work on children though.

the game has been divided into 4 parts. Each part has its own mission. Failing them means a penalty for the survivors/town. Penalties means visiting extra locations for example you really don't like to be.

NPC's:
NPC's like the zombie mob are the regular npc's that the survivors have to fend off at night (by picking a night guard). Sometimes other and stronger NPC's show up and all of them have their own effects...

Events:
In some special cases, an event is triggered which will have suiting effects on the game for both sides. I can't reveal any of them yet, but they might tip a battle in someone's favor.

edit: forgot

Each role has preferences and phobias as well. In case a person reaches a location that triggers either his preferenences or phobias, a person either suffers a penalty or gains a bonus regarding night guard efficiency and survivability at night.

Any thoughts?
an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Ghandi
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2358 (isolation #1) » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:47 am

Post by FC Groningen »

No cults involved, but evil can recruit. of course I deem it balanced.

edit: since its public information anyway:

Recruting works like this:
evils have the option to either kill each night or to go through the cycle of killing 1 night, doing nothing the second night and recruiting the 3rd night. In case it fails, they can try again the next night. Only blue roles are recruitable.
Last edited by FC Groningen on Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FC Groningen
FC Groningen
Goon
FC Groningen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2361 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 11, 2010 5:49 am

Post by FC Groningen »

ooba wrote:Sounds interesting .. Can't you just open a thread and ask for interested players; and then tweak the setup depending on number of entries you get?
Well I'm new to this site, so I'm not sure I want to host yet. Also, since a lot of the aspects are based on the scale as well, (story, locations, chapters, missions etc.) I really do need at least 40 players, maybe more.

Also, don't I need some approval or something first?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”