Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 26, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

Just in to check if there has ever been a
Ytmnd
theme game? I know certain bits have been taken from there before, I just don't know if there's been one entirely based around that.

Has there been a
Ranma 1/2
mafia or
Fruits Basket
game?

How about
Father Ted
mafia, I'd really want to do that, along with a
Fawlty Towers
game.

All of these would have various roles which are localised to the characters in them, very flavour based but not to the extent that there'd be anything overly confusing.

And I'd get to cut loose on flavour sequences. 8)

If anyone could tell me whether any of these have been done before (if they have, how feasible an alternative version could be) it'd be much appreciated.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #790 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:16 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

And of course, there's all the time spent preparing the game in the first place! :mrgreen:

I really like writing flavour, and making sure everything has a strong presentation and asthetically pleasing will take me more time than a typical game.

There's been some games I've seen that are just really lazy (no names) that just have 1 liners for lynch scenes/day kills/morning scenes etc, and unless there's a reasonable reason for it, I don't like that. (talking theme games here) It can also lead to game confusion and a culling of interest.

On the other hand, seeing a thing of beauty like the Gaslight Mafia on Misetings can only be a good thing for both players and spectators. (I'm just a non-signed up lurker of that site I'm afraid)

I'm sure it's a strong reason to keep a game running if you know that every single action in the game performed is going to have a nicely scripted PM/in thread consequence. :)

Having not actually modded on this site before, could someone give me the idiot's guide to announcing/starting games here? There seems to be a whole lot of games being had, and I'd like to have a dependable time slot for which I can expect to be ready for.

I'm intending running a Ranma 1/2 themed 12 man game, and if there seems to be some interest, a general Anime themed bigger game(my masterpiece of flavour).

Note that these games should be easily accessible to non-watchers of strange cartoons.
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #793 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:43 pm

Post by JechtMurray »

inHimshallibe wrote: Anime is not just strange cartoons! (I could give a lecture by now, I think.)
Hey, I know that! Just using language that might be easier to understand for the non-watchers.

HURRAH! EDIT!: Also, I'd provide relevant links to character info.
*starts taking names of interested parties*
JechtMurray
JechtMurray
Goon
JechtMurray
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:51 am

Post by JechtMurray »

Thok wrote:I'm claiming "Music of Squaresoft" (Square?/Square-Enix?) as a theme (although it probably won't be run for a couple months). I'm also looking for a comoddish type person to bounce some ideas off of and to work out some kinks-obviously experience with games like Final Fantasy, Xenogears, and Chrono Trigger would be helpful.
*dies*

*plays Squaresoft music at funeral*

I wouldn't mind helping with this, I just think I might want to play in it instead. :)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”