Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3448 (isolation #0) » Sat May 12, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'm spitballing at the moment but was thinking of an big theme election game in honour of the upcoming US elections.
EDIT
JUST NOTICED I SHOULD HAVE SEARCHED :( THERE IS ONE ALREADY

Where all players have a nightaction which is to vote for a candidate and the one with the most votes has the power to select which 3 players can be eligable for lynching the following day

BUT
some players also carry a unique nightaction but to use that nightaction they have to miss the polls so dont get a vote. This includes scum, so to nightkill as scum you have to pass having a vote.

players with unique Nightactions also can affect the election. Jailkeepers locking up the winning candidate has him disqualified from the race and the runner up is elected. X-shot Investigators can see the results of a election or popularity poll of their choice so they'll know who voted for who.

Any dayaction player will not be able to vote for following night.

And a few players will have unique elected actions, such as one who is flavoured as Ron Paul who would open up the voting process into a standard anyone can be lynched (libertarism eh?) if he is elected.

-It be a very close nit flavour because there will be things like exit polls at each morning so people will know not only who got elected but also what % of the game voted and who might have used powers/blocked etc and popularity polls at specific times during the day where players can confidentially indicate who'd they might vote for the next night phase, but can also be duped/abused by scum.

thoughts on how to improve?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3584 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:23 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I'd like to run a John Carpenter's 'The Thing' theme perhaps.

though for it to really work everyone would need custom alts just for the game (as a big part of the thing is not knowing who's been changed) and to experiment starting a game with one large hydra scum account that as they succeed each night they can move one of their players into the new slot.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3588 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:14 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I tried throwing together a basic set up running off that idea after I posted the last post, I also searched and found talk of trying this theme way back in 2008 and some of the issues they were worried about there and tried to think of how to solve it. (but I clearly didnt think of the timezone problem) I dont know if I should just post that up here?

I wasnt thinking a large theme game either, I was thinking keeping it smaller but removing the lynching mechanic and replacing it with blood tests, so that instead of being lynched, if the player is not the thing they simply live, but then they could be replaced that very night and nobody would know so do you waste another day vote retesting the same player or trust him enough to test someone else?

Saying all that, yes the single hydra to multiple accounts idea was a personal favourite of mine.
Scum:

Return to “Mafia Discussion”