Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3593 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Post by greygnarl »

So I was sitting in biology class learning about different gases. The original idea was to have all kinds of gases and different immunities/protections. It evolved into this over the course of about two hours. If you would like to run this have fun since I can't mod yet. PR tweaks would be nice and if you have cool ideas then please tell me.

Setup
Each player receives 1 antidote at the start of the game.
Each player lives in a compound with 3 other players. There are 3 compounds. These groups are known to all.
Each day the town votes to pump gas through the pipes of one compound. Anyone who lives there who isn’t using an antidote dies.
Everyone knows the Pharmacist exists. Role PM in opening.

Roles
Town 1-shot Pipehack: Once during the game you may pump gas through the pipes of one compound. This can only be done during the day phase. Your choice will be announced by the mod during the lynch scene.
Town Sealer: During the night you may seal the door to your compound. Anybody leaving or entering your compound will be roleblocked.
Vaccinated Townie You cannot die to gas.
Town Pharmacist: Each day you have 3 antidotes to give to any player(s) you wish. You may give yourself antidotes but you can only hold one antidote at a time.
Backup Pharmacist.

Mafia Drugger: Each night you may leave your compound and enter another. You may choose one player and drug them so they will throw up their antidote. They will die if they are gassed.
Mafia 1-shot Chemist: Once during a Night Phase you may change the gas that is being pumped into a room. The moderator will post the rolenames of each player in the room to the thread during the opening post of the day.
Mafia 1-shot Knifer: Once during a Night Phase you may leave your compound enter another and stab one player.
Last edited by greygnarl on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3595 (isolation #1) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:37 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I specifically wrote the rules so anybody who lives in a compound is killed regardless of who they visit. That way you can't get out of your compound. It might not be realistic but it's more balanced.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3597 (isolation #2) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:56 am

Post by greygnarl »

Yeas you are. One thing is that everyone automatically uses an antidote unless they're vaccinated. Feel free to run this Maestro.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3599 (isolation #3) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Post by greygnarl »

No clue about larger games. It's actually 3 four-player compounds. It says each player is with 3 players in a compound. Feel free to change it though. I thought the setup favored scum because it's almost guaranteed a townie will die in every lynch because of the Drugger. That's why it's 1/4 scum.

Another idea I had was to make the compounds randomized each day rather than set but it's just a different dynamic.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3601 (isolation #4) » Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Post by greygnarl »

Remember this is a theme so it's not known what the roles are. Maybe the Knifer doesn't have to be one-shot. Maybe even night or something. Also, I could get rid of the vaccinated. Unless somebody else wants to run this it'll have to wait like 2 months before i'm eligible and queued up.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3604 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:07 am

Post by greygnarl »

Yeah, I have a lot more role ideas. But outside of roles is the compound mechanic cool?
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3608 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by greygnarl »

I'd play. Love the story in that game.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3619 (isolation #7) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:45 am

Post by greygnarl »

Are we allowed to call dibs on themes? I want to run a series of Micro games based loosely around the Percy Jackson series when I get through the Open Queue.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3621 (isolation #8) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:54 am

Post by greygnarl »

Ok cool. Is anybody interested in that? I don't want to rip it directly out of the book but maybe use a few characters and the modern day setting of the mythology.
greygnarl
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
greygnarl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3624 (isolation #9) » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:19 am

Post by greygnarl »

Cool.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”