Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3933 (isolation #0) » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:58 am

Post by Belisarius »

At least until SC's bastard game gets done so I can /in without getting overloaded :)
<3 bastardy

I wasn't in this thread for serra's post about Shakespeare games but
HELL YES TO MUCH ADO OR OTHELLO!

If a Shakespeare game isn't made by the time I finish modding my 2nd (Got the first on the go now) I'll make one myself. But I'd rather play one.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3937 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:23 am

Post by Belisarius »

What say all to a series of linked games based on history, running from the Punic Wars to WW2?

By linked, I mean each game may influence subsequent games placed close together in the timeline; for example, in the event of a Carthaginian (scum) win in game 1, the Carthaginians may appear as a faction in Caesar mafia, making it true multiball (in the event of a Roman win, I had in mind a SK game for Caesar)

Games I have tentatively plotted are Punic Wars, Caesar, Jesus Christ*,Genghis Khan, The Bakumatsu, The War of the Roses, The American Civil War**, Flying Aces of World War I, and Axis vs. Allies.

*Judas Iscariot can be either alignment, determined by RNG

**This would have to be a micro barring a lorewise reviewer, because I only know 3 significant Confederates, and one's the dude who started the KKK. Not making anyone play
that
role.

Likewise, for reasons of taste, Adolf Hitler, Lavrentiy Beria, and all Nuremburg convicts are guaranteed nonplayable.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3938 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:26 am

Post by Belisarius »

EBWOP: I'd want an actually Christian reviewer for Jesus Christ to avoid inadvertent offensiveness.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4019 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Final Fantasy. Make it happen.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4025 (isolation #4) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:51 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Would anyone be interested in a bastard large theme based on Stephen R. Donaldson's Gap Cycle? This is planning far in advance, since I have an already reviewed mini theme ready to go and want to mod a Newbie before a LT, but I have a basic design ready for a game intended to get more scumsided the longer it runs and I think I can provide enough auxiliary documentation to make it playable to any scifi fan even if they don't grok SRD.

Game would include at least one Poor Bastard with the deck stacked against them (albeit with the ability to become OP if the cards fall right) and an alignment altering mechanic, plus a limited positional mechanic.

EDIT: players of fixed alignment would be advised of such in their Role PMs but scum would not know who is fixed, and the game would start with a huge-ass townbloc of non-fixed alignment players.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4137 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 4126, Varsoon wrote:Sounds crazy enough to work, Marquis.

Working out some kinks for that 12 player FFT Zodiac Brave game.
In the meantime, I just beat Suikoden 2 and was wondering if players would be down for a Suikoden theme game or even a Suikoden U-pick.

Late but fuck yes. Fuck yes a billion billion times. Even if you restrict it to a single Suikoden game other than Suikoden II I will love you long time for making a Suikoden game. PM me if/when it happens and I'll pre-in even if I'm active in a million games and modding two more, plus I have a virtually guaranteed hydra partner if it's hydras-only. Make this happen, Varsoon. Make it happen now. I don't even care if you have a reviewer or if it's a 108 player large. Count me in. Count me in no matter what. I would literally have to be conscripted by the Armed Forces to pass this game up. I would pass up sex with Kristen Bell for this. Make it happen. Make it happen now.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4138 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:40 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In case it wasn't clear what I meant, I'm saying yes to a Suikoden game.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4159 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:58 am

Post by Belisarius »

Just don't forget about running a Suikoden game. I'd hate to have to exact swift and final retribution and deposit your loathsome corpse into the sea.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4165 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:19 pm

Post by Belisarius »

In post 4161, Varsoon wrote:
In post 4159, Belisarius wrote:Just don't forget about running a Suikoden game. I'd hate to have to exact swift and final retribution and deposit your loathsome corpse into the sea.

Oh, I shall never forget. I've got some pretty crazy ideas for that setup. I've still gotta beat Suikoden 3 and get a bit more experience under my belt before I run Suikoden U-pick.

I'm actually jealous that you still have a Suikoden 3 win in your future rather than your past. Count on me to represent S5 in a upick though.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4505 (isolation #9) » Mon Mar 27, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I think I missed at least one Suikoden-themed game during my absence. Anyone willing to run another Suikoden-themed game will be my tenkai star, ESP. if it's S1, S4, or S5 based. And when I say tenkai star, I don't mean Thomas

Return to “Mafia Discussion”