Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 22, 2003 9:17 am

Post by Dasquian »

Perhaps each townie without any other ability could choose to go into the dungeon to attempt to retrieve an item - and maybe mafia could only kill the townies who go on quests (since they're monsters in the dungeon).

It'd be cool if there was some mechanic where the game was heavily biased against the town if they all stayed at home out of fear of being killed, so people wanted to go on quests to become cops/docs etc but doing so was a slight but significant risk, especially over time :)

Dunno how that'd work. Maybe the mafia would submit three kills in order of preference each night and the mod would run off the list and kill the first one on the list who went on a quest that night.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #1) » Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:22 am

Post by Dasquian »

I'd play a game of nVpVrVm! Although I don't think a game without good or evil is in anyway fun. It gets rather pointless because the entire point of Mafia is that everyone pretends to be on the same side. Maybe they could all be souped-up SK's with a variety of restrictions and benefits.

Maybe they could all be cops, or know each other too. It'd be hilarious watching them try to get each other lynched without making it too obvious that they are another bad guy :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by Dasquian »

www.sluggy.com - 7 years of webcomics, with a wealth of characters only a handful of whom are "main good guys" and some of
those
aren't obviously pro-town - perfect material for a theme game. I'd be happy to co-mod it, if you were interested.
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #3) » Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:05 am

Post by Dasquian »

I had an idea for a themed mafia (yeah, I know I haven't even modded a normal yet, I just wanted to sound out the idea :)) - Duellists Mafia.

It'd basically be normal rules, but with the twist that everyone would be duellists, and know (roughly) their pecking order in the town ("You are without a doubt one of the top three duellists in the town.", etc). Instead of voting to lynch a player, players must challenge each other to duels and then vote on the matchup they want enacted at dusk (so a challenge would effectively be a first vote). The catch is that once the majority support a duel, either the challenger or the challenged could die depending on their relative skills.

Has anything like this been tried before? Would people play it? :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:48 am

Post by Dasquian »

Yeah, I thought about that. But the mafia could bump off their top competitors in the night, and there's scope for unique roles to play on the mechanic (rigging matches, being able to train, or something...). It'd definitely need a lot of thought though, I'm sure there'd be a lot of ways to break it.
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:34 pm

Post by Dasquian »

Ooh, that's a great idea. Epees and pistols, and make sure each mafia is on the bottom rung of at least one of the two duelling methods :)
[size=84]QUACK[/size]
Dasquian
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Dasquian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 25, 2004 9:15 am

Post by Dasquian »

The basic psychology I'm expecting to see with the duelling mechanic is that there'd be some players who couldn't afford to lead a bandwagon or be lynched, because they know they suck, and some who have nothing to fear from bandwagons (and hence are prime mafia targets), and some who know they're roughly in the middle and have to work out which lynches they can afford to start and who they don't mind being bandwagonned by :)

I would be up for Feudal Japan mafia too, I hope it has ninjas ;p
[size=84]QUACK[/size]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”