Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (isolation #0) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Lord of the Flies Mafia

Each day, a random twist occurs, each having to do with an event in the book.

Each person will be given a role, various characters corresponding to various roles.

For example:

Piggy: You are an outcast from the other Boys. You are rotund and slow, no good at hunting, and wear large glasses. However, you alone hold a special power. The conch. Each night, you may choose one player to protect with the conch.

Each day will begin with the announcement of a twist:

Example:

Dawn breaks on the island once again. You nervously scour your camp to find out if anyone has been beaten to death. You find no one. Still unsatisfied, your leader decides to search the Pig Runs criss-crossing the island. After hours of precious daylight being wasted, you find nothing. As you head back to the camp, you notice something large floating in the water. The mafia are getting bolder. The figure is that of a Lost Boy: _______, a simple townie trying to survive on the island. He has been impaled with a spear, and his yoyo that he always carried is gone.

It is now Day 5. TWIST TIME!

For todays twist, one player is marked for death. You will not find out who this is until he/she is dead. To make it more interesting, you have exactly 100 hours to lynch someone. This deadline is non-negotiable. Have fun, and happy hunting!
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

-- Rose Nadler, 'Through the Looking Glass' (Lost)
Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Id also like to suggest another Big Brother Mafia.
"If you say live together, die alone to me Jack, I'm gonna punch you in your face."

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (isolation #2) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:46 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Me thinks so too. /Good setup concept Adel

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1606 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:21 pm

Post by Dean Harper »

King Midas Mafia

Each player has the power to turn one person into gold (kill), but if they use this power, they cannot be protected, and the cop can only investigate people who have used their power, unless no one uses it on the first day, in which case they will be able to use it. King Midas (Mafia Godfather), Henchman 1 (Mafia Goon) and Henchman 2 (Mafia Roleblocker) all do not have this power, but collectively can lynch 2 people if there was no one day killed. If there was no one killed in the day, then the mafia must send each send their second choice separately. One person will send the first night choice. If a player is voted for twice or more by the mafia, that person is lynched. In other words, the mafia must have a majority agreement to lynch a second person, without talking. If someone was daykilled however, the mafia can talk, and only lynch one person.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1613 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:11 am

Post by Dean Harper »

Thursday Next (Lost in a Good Book) Mafia:

Thursday Next is on an investigation to find out who is stealing her memories and messing with conincidences around her. The town is trying to help her. The Mafia Roleblocker and Goon(s) are henchmen of the real threat. The doctor is Uncle Mycroft. The cop is Mr. Next. Roleblocker is Jack Schitt and the goons are both grammasites. The game will have various twists, including those involving Goliath corporation, and each death scene will have something to do with a high concentration of "coincidentalness" in the area (each person will die of a coincidence). These death scenes will have something to do with the events in the book, where Thursday encounters these concentrations.

Townie 1: Landon Park-Laine
Townie 2: Miss Havisham
Townie 3: Bowden Cable
Townie 4: Mrs. Nakajima
Townie 5: Cheshire Cat
Townie 6: Polly Next
Townie 7: Joffy Next

Each person will have a background story related to the book, and something to do with "bookjumping" can be implemented. If you have any questions, search "Thursday Next" in Wikipedia.

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1622 (isolation #5) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Dean Harper »

The Stranger Mafia

Based on the book The Stranger by Albert Camus, each player will get a role based on a character in the book, some with powers, and others with none. 13 players, 2-3 mafia, 1 sk, the rest town/power roles. This is just a suggestion for whoever wants to take it :D. have fun!

-Dean

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1623 (isolation #6) » Sat May 10, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Dean Harper »

any takers on the Thursday Next mafia?

Dean Harper
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Dean Harper
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (isolation #7) » Sat May 24, 2008 6:46 am

Post by Dean Harper »

The Jester wrote:I would definitely be interested and familiar with Eddie Izzard and would enjoy playing a mafia based on that theme. :D

Puberty is the sickest joke God plays on us. So you're just noticing members of the sex: "Girls girls, ooo". Naturally you want to look your best, and God says "No! You will look the worst you've ever looked in your life!"
I think this should be nominated for funniest comment

Return to “Mafia Discussion”