''Little Girl'' role in Werewolves of Millers Hollow?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:27 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 23, Lycanfire wrote:it's really disappointing to see people porting the role as is as a joke

there's ways to make it work. like providing alt accounts to the scumteam for use in the PT.

to interact with the other mechanic, scum can double kill if they kill the little girl on a night she is peaking.

the role has more promise than people are making it out to have... it's like a reverse encryptor. a nerf to scum communication.
that'd be pretty annoying for the players but yeah you could
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by FakeGod »

There is a game that was run few years ago that had a role named "mole".

It was a town-aligned role that had access to the mafia PT, and the mafia team were told that he was just a mafia goon.

The mafia team lost narrowly, and they were rather angry in postgame if I recall correctly.
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.
Lycanfire
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Lycanfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:49 pm

Post by Lycanfire »

that setup was rerun this month and finished a few days ago. Mini 1924

town sweep. wasn't even close. in aristophanes' set up there were additional hints that the fourth person was not scum. the mole played well enough to convince the team that it was legit 9:4. then proceeded to bus the ever loving fuck out of the team.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:53 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

and i would do it again.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah, that's the closest to the "Little Girl" that forum games can have I think
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Titus
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her/hers
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her/hers

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Titus »

This role only works if scum can win by murdering the little girl at the end of the game if town wins.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:41 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 26, FakeGod wrote:There is a game that was run few years ago that had a role named "mole".

It was a town-aligned role that had access to the mafia PT, and the mafia team were told that he was just a mafia goon.

The mafia team lost narrowly, and they were rather angry in postgame if I recall correctly.
I know there was a game ages ago, that saw Fate (who else) end up as a town alligned mafia goon or something of the likes. Might have been this game. Anyway, he happily talks there, and bussed them mercilessly. Which naturally he could pull off :P

The fact that I can't seem to find it through google implies that it might have been eaten in a crash. For the better really. It wasn't a good game.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

there are other hidden alignment games when a non scum aligned player knows the identities of scum. They usually play it off as if scum can correctly guess who is the "Little Girl" role, they can still win. Problem with that is in Mafia, the players dwindle down in numbers, making it easier to figure out who the role is, especially if you have to flip your role on death. Maybe some variation of it, or a game where the roles don't have to flip on death, even if it's only scum that flip, might be able to work.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 32, mykonian wrote:
In post 26, FakeGod wrote:There is a game that was run few years ago that had a role named "mole".

I know there was a game ages ago, that saw Fate (who else) end up as a town alligned mafia goon or something of the likes. Might have been this game. Anyway, he happily talks there, and bussed them mercilessly. Which naturally he could pull off :P

The fact that I can't seem to find it through google implies that it might have been eaten in a crash. For the better really. It wasn't a good game.
That's the game that was rerun
<Embrace The Void>

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:11 am

Post by mykonian »

why.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:37 am

Post by callforjudgement »

At this point, I immediately become immensely suspicious if I ever see a combination of "if a particular role dies, town loses" and "there are tiebreak rules that determine which scum gets to make the kill in case of disagreement" in the same setup. I can't think of a legitimate reason to do that other than there being a town-aligned mole among the scum.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:42 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 32, mykonian wrote:I know there was a game ages ago, that saw Fate (who else) end up as a town alligned mafia goon or something of the likes. Might have been this game. Anyway, he happily talks there, and bussed them mercilessly. Which naturally he could pull off :P

Here it is.

EDIT: Wow, I just reread it, and that setup is even more broken than I thought it was. The mod's reasoning was apparently "more days/nights and fewer lynches are good for scum, therefore scum will persuade town to no-lynch", which has the obvious issue that townies shouldn't possibly be persuaded to do something that's widely known to be good for scum, and scum aren't going to try because doing so would give them away as scum.
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Mafia Discussion”