Funniest Scumslips

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Tragedy
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Tragedy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Post by Tragedy »

MY FIRST SCUMSLIP OF 2011.. It was Tragic for my first game on the site, BTW... As
Scum..

Exe wrote:
Tragedy wrote:Uh huh. I see so~

I'm a silly gray-blooded troll survivalist.
As you see as a troll, I cannot get the frenzy bonuses, but I win when a faction wins, it appears.
Discontinuity error.

Trolls get frenzy bonuses. Town are trolls.
Your pm says that being a troll makes you not get frenzy bonuses? LIES.

Lynch lynch lynch.
I blame you for this.
For I have been awaiting for another heart pounding segment of
Dokidoki Precure!

[10/15/2013 - 00:13] -
Tragedy
~
I wish for Kami-nii-sama to have better naming skills.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:30 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:It supports any non-jester win condition to read over your posts before hitting submit.
Thing is, if people recognize it, there's a major difference in mentality produced by being more concerned with catching scum then whether your posts will be taken as pro or anti town. Which means it's another way to slip.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:33 am

Post by GreyICE »

Ythan wrote:It supports any non-jester win condition to read over your posts before hitting submit.
So much truth. I hate town suicides through amazing misadventure.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Ythan »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
Thing is, if people recognize it, there's a major difference in mentality produced by being more concerned with catching scum then whether your posts will be taken as pro or anti town. Which means it's another way to slip.
Checking your posts doesn't mean you are
more
concerned with them than with catching scum.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:21 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:
more
But checking your posts for scumtells (in other words checking for reasoning that you believe but people think is scummy to use) IS survival mentality, at that point you're more concerned with not making scumtells and thus not getting lynched then catching scum. This is a noticeable difference.
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

Um, we're not talking about checking it for scumtells. We're talking about obvious stuff like not claiming you're in a quicktopic with DEAD SCUM.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:12 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Fair enough lol
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:36 pm

Post by Parama »

Townies have an incentive to not get lynched, too. It's called playing towards their wincon.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Parama wrote:Townies have an incentive to not get lynched, too. It's called playing towards their wincon.
But townies DO have the ability to play in a manner which signifigantly prioritizes catching scum over being concerned with whether suspicion might fall on them (aka, reckless town).
Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:14 pm

Post by Katsuki »

LynchMePls wrote:
Nero Cain wrote:When Zwet claimed Arwen miller on day 1 with his first post in LOTR mafia.
ROFL. That WAS awesome.
I remember going into LOTR with the mind to accept our loss... and almost cried when he said he was gonna claim miller D1.

Zwet + a2rude scumteam...
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:51 pm

Post by Ythan »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
Ythan wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:
more
But checking your posts for scumtells (in other words checking for reasoning that you believe but people think is scummy to use) IS survival mentality, at that point you're more concerned with not making scumtells and thus not getting lynched then catching scum. This is a noticeable difference.
Show me a single example of proofreading negatively effecting one's ability to focus on scumhunting or please just stop repeating yourself.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:53 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

I think you're missing my point, what I am attempting to do is encourage a metagame shift, for town to do something that scum can't follow. Proofreading isn't the issue really here, it's more what you're looking for in your posts when proof-reading.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

LynchMePls wrote:Ok, here's my funny massive scumslip:
LynchMePls wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
Claim:
Archaeologist Professor Edward A. Johnston, a Time Traveler. I'm basically a flavor investigator. I know who is Clare, the Time Traveler's Wife. I can say who that player is and they can confirm I'm not lying, or I can keep that information secret for now... up to you guys what you want me to do.
This sounds like a scum power. Is town flavor cop common? Combine with Alpha's play yesterday, Rhinox's non-helpful questions, and the lurking, and I'm on board. Also, Anon's questions about why
Alpha would target CML
and Rhinox's admitting that it makes no sense makes this a pretty easy vote.

Unvote
Vote: Rhinox

SharkFinn and Robbnva are still scummy, in fact, I'm starting to lean more scummy on Robbnva than SharkFinn.
The bold underlined was the scumslip. It was a slip because Rhinox(Alpha) had said he knew who Claire was, but HADN'T said that Claire was CML. I knew Claire was CML because Rhinox(Alpha) were my buddies and they'd rolecopped CML the night before and told me. :oops:

Hilariously I survive this day despite people seeing my slip and pointing it out and then go on to survive the whole game and win it for our team. Hilarity all around.
I still can't believe how this went down. I mean, you were even questioned about it, and then the next day after I was lynched, it was just like everyone forgot it was said :lol:
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Ythan »

AdumbroDeus wrote:I think you're missing my point, what I am attempting to do is encourage a metagame shift, for town to do something that scum can't follow. Proofreading isn't the issue really here, it's more what you're looking for in your posts when proof-reading.
Proofreading is the issue you've been talking about.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:07 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote:I think you're missing my point, what I am attempting to do is encourage a metagame shift, for town to do something that scum can't follow. Proofreading isn't the issue really here, it's more what you're looking for in your posts when proof-reading.
Proofreading is the issue you've been talking about.
No it wasn't, my assertion was entirely based on WHAT to proofread, not whether to proofread period. The post I initially quoted talked about proof-reading in general, my post was a subtle topic switch to what to proofread for as a townie.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:09 pm

Post by Ythan »

Where have you discussed what should and should not be proofread? Where is any of this that you are talking about?
MrBump
MrBump
Mafia Scum
MrBump
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:53 am

Post by MrBump »

A game of Epic Mafia I was in, a guy getting lynched claimed Bomb in a setup with no Bomb, just a Bulletproof.

I'm sure I have more if I could find them..
Olinea: IF WE HAVE ANOTHER PROTECTIVE ROLE YOU NEED TO BE SO FAR UP MRBUMP'S ASS YOU CAN SMELL WHAT HE HAD FOR BREAKFAST
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:46 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Ythan wrote:Where have you discussed what should and should not be proofread? Where is any of this that you are talking about?
It seems that you presumed I was talking about whether one should proofread when the entire time I was talking about what one should proofread for.

Therefore we were arguing two entire different questions.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Post by Ythan »

AdumbroDeus wrote:Recklessness in this sense is by it's nature a townie attribute because a viable path to victory is ignoring surviva and just being concerned with catching scum, so if you ignore the implications of what you're saying, you're probably town. Scum can't afford to do this cause their wincon is survival.
AdumbroDeus wrote:Thing is, if people recognize it, there's a major difference in mentality produced by being more concerned with catching scum then whether your posts will be taken as pro or anti town. Which means it's another way to slip.
AdumbroDeus wrote:But checking your posts for scumtells (in other words checking for reasoning that you believe but people think is scummy to use) IS survival mentality, at that point you're more concerned with not making scumtells and thus not getting lynched then catching scum. This is a noticeable difference.
AdumbroDeus wrote:But townies DO have the ability to play in a manner which signifigantly prioritizes catching scum over being concerned with whether suspicion might fall on them (aka, reckless town).
You seem to think for some reason that being careful is not only unnecessary or unhelpful to town, but that it requires a significant redirection of attention.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:29 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

My take on Adumbro's comment is that town doesn't review their posts to see if they can be taken as a scumtell, which is typically how the mafia will be reviewing their posts.

I mostly review my town posts to see if I'm getting my point across and making sense. When I'm scum, I'll try to also see whether something I said can be interpreted as scummy.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Post by ooba »

Acronach wrote:
Tanarin wrote:
Zang wrote:I'm not against a mass name claim. Although based on the flavor, it wouldnt be hard to make fake claims. If they are even needed.

That's a valid point. The other problem I see with a mass nameclaim is the fact we'll basically have to force a townie or two to fake claim. I can already think of at least one role where this would almost be a necessity. Not only that, a mass nameclaim alone COULD end up being a mass role claim as well, since with a few characters their role would become obvious.

i dont watch BSG so idk if this will be a problem for me or not.

no nameclaim please :/
I thought this was funny ..
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

This is probably the most ridiculous scumslip I've ever seen.

From the Large Normal archive: Mafia 61

To set things up, I was mafia with ac1983fan as one of my partners. Here is what happened:

ac1983fan was at 3 votes with 9 to lynch, theopor_cod was also at 3 votes.

Skruffs wrote:I wish someone would add something like "Oh yeah I investigated this person and they are scum"...
we could alwyas lynch theo...

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Oh yeah, I investigated ac1983fan and they are scum...>_> <3 Skruffs?

This obvjoke got someone else to vote ac1983fan, putting him at 4 votes. This person had pegged the two of us as possible scum together, and my joke claim made him think I was town, and he scratched whatever tell he had picked up off of his list of reliable tells. I found that pretty amusing...and then:

ac1983fan wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:Oh yeah, I investigated ac1983fan and they are scum...>_> <3 Skruffs?

bah, congradulations.

ac1983fan proceeded to get 5 more votes and be lynched for giving up after an obvjoke claim.

Hilariously enough, this gave me a lot of town cred and I was able to survive down to 4 players, where I was lynched because of process of elimination since all the remaining players had better power role claims than mine. I had claimed FBI Agent and then managed to get the SK lynched without having a "result" on him yet, which had been awesome. Unfortunately, the game had 13 power roles out of 21 players, so even though I had an impeccable nightkill record, I couldn't get them all.

This game I had a bunch of awful scumpartners, but ac1983fan was definitely the worst.
Permanent V/LA.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:54 pm

Post by Amrun »

^ Wow, he gave up.... Lol.

I got called for a scumslip once in X-Files Mafia, where I was scum, because I claimed "vanilla townie" instead of "vanilla town," when there had been BOTH vanilla townie and vanilla town flips in the game and the mod obviously used them interchangeably. I salvaged it by making a completely ridiculous claim that I can't believe I got away with and ended up winning as a perfect scum victory. Post-game, the mod admitted being baffled that they cared about "townie" vs "town" when he obviously didn't.

But it was hard to defend against. It wasn't as if I could say, "But so and so flipped townie!"

There's a pretty funny series of scumslips by kcdaspot that I want to dig up.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Meransiel
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Meransiel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:20 am

Post by Meransiel »

I slip a lot in themes. That's probably the point of themes, so meh.
Voltaire fan. (yes, both of them). If you are a fan as well, pm me, and we'll converse for hours about why they're awesome.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:07 am

Post by Haylen »

People keep saying I slip but
really
I would have said the exact same thing as town! :?
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”