# of games

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2002 8:30 am

Post by Neo »

Mith, just curious as to how many of each type of game will run at the same time.
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2002 12:16 pm

Post by mith »

Not really sure...For the Mini Games, they'll just run as soon as there are enough players for them. So, that'll depend on how many people visit the site. I'll count the Mini Games forum as one game, since that's how many anyone will be playing in at one time.So, I'd say a max of 6 or 7 total. 2 Theme, the Mini Games, and 3 or 4 Normal? Of course, we need people to show up first.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:55 pm

Post by Neo »

Okay sounds good...I'd expected a larger number of people from the GL......
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:58 am

Post by Luna »

hm, just thinking...6 or 7 total? that really doesn't seem very many... obviously it would be plenty for right now since we don't have all that many players, but later on as the site expands (as I think it probably will) and acquires more users, is there any reason why we couldn't have more than that running? I mean, this is a site devoted entirely to Mafia... we wouldn't consider saying right, only 4 games to be running at any time in VG (or BCS, for the brunchers :)), so why do so here? This site was started partly to deal with the ridiculously long waiting list on the GL, so that people wouldn't have to wait six months to run a game... you're now saying we can only run two Theme games at once, and in the waiting list thread I see that four people have signed up to run a themed game... so if I decide I have a brilliant idea for a theme game, and want to sign up, I'm once again looking at a couple of months' wait. Obviously, that's a lot better than the GL situation, but not exactly perfect. I'm not saying we should do away with the waiting list, but providing that the forum isn't completely choked up with like 40 games running at once, and that there are players willing to sign up, is there any reason why we shouldn't have lots of games running at once? bandwidth issues, maybe?hm, this came out a lot more whiney and complaining than I'd intended... I didn't mean it that way, just sort of thinking out loud and probably making no sense.
"Call me a wimp or call me luna, but I figure if I'm gonna get screwed this game it might as well be by mith."
--Sketchwick
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:02 am

Post by Luna »

~looks at Last Post Column in forum~either I talk too much, or I have a spectacular gift for killing threads. maybe both.
"Call me a wimp or call me luna, but I figure if I'm gonna get screwed this game it might as well be by mith."
--Sketchwick
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:02 am

Post by mith »

Of course we can have more games if there is demand for more. The numbers above were just guesses based on how many people I expect will visit at first. If we can get lots more people here, we could have 10 or 20 games at once or something (though, that would be insane for us freaks that try to play every game ).
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:36 am

Post by Luna »

Ah, ok, sounds good. Although, you mafia-junkies will either have to take it up as a full-time career, or accept that you can't ALWAYS play...
--Sketchwick
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:12 pm

Post by Neo »

Yeah, it was hard for me not to sign up for DP's game, I'm in so many games now as it is
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 3:13 pm

Post by Neo »

Oh, and Luna, you don't kill threads or talk to much, it's that your name is like the rest of you, so sexy nobody wants to see it go
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 1:40 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I totally agree with Luna. ;As far as mith's concern that it would be hard to play in all the games the answer is simple: ;don't ;You have to let people regulate their own game play.I personally would like to see something to encourage people to say more. ;Something along the lines of: ; if you checked the thread and read everything you HAVE to post.Too many people don't post just to avoid being the target of a lynching. ;They say, I don't know who to vote for, I have nothing to add, so why should I post? ;The first couple of days NO ONE knows...and the game just stagnates.Short of putting huge pressure on non-posters the only other solution I like is I CAN get in A LOT of mafia games, and then these lurkers won't drive me insane (I know, I know, too late)Sketchwick
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 2:59 pm

Post by mith »

*~blinks~*What? I have to let people what?I was talking about myself. That it would be hard for me (and mole, and others like us) to play in every single game if we have very many. It wasn't an argument against having more games. It's just that I have either played in or moderated every game on the GL and this site (and every game I knew about on brunchma), and that's a streak I'd like to keep alive.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 22, 2002 7:07 pm

Post by mole »

It'll be difficult when the Mini Games forum starts to get going - you'll have to time your death just right...
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Apr 27, 2002 11:15 am

Post by Macros »

everyoen should get mafia [players from whatever boards they visit to ocme hewre, or if other boards havent discovered the great joy of mafia, introduce it to a board, hook them on it, then invite everyoen here
Oh the huge manatee!!
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2002 11:09 pm

Post by Luna »

Um, given that mith pretty much invented internet mafia, I doubt there are too many lost, lonely netmafia players wandering round looking for a forum. We'll just have to go for the second method... wandering round other boards and trying to get them hooked. come on, just try a newbie game you'll like it you won't get addicted, I promise... c'mon, your first one's free...
--Sketchwick
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2002 8:59 pm

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

All right, where is this Brunch Mafia site? ;I've never heard anything about it before. ;And I assume that GL stands for Grey Labyrinth?
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
Raamawen
Raamawen
Townie
Raamawen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2002 6:16 am

Post by Raamawen »

Brunchmafia is a portmanteau of Brunchma and, well, mafia.Brunchma's been plugged here several times in various threads, though perhaps you didn't read them. Mafia games are played in Bouncy Cling Shrimp.Yes, GL stands for Gray Labyrinth. So far as I can tell, anyhow.
[size=84]'minut on murhattu, hakattu paloiksi, heitetty seinille, naurettu pois' --CMX, [i]Helvetin hyvä paimen[/i][/size]

Return to “Mafia Discussion”