Backseat mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
JDTAY
JDTAY
n00b hoser
JDTAY
n00b hoser
n00b hoser

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 01, 2002 2:33 pm

Post by JDTAY »

Although this isn't enough of an idea to base a whole mafia game upon, I was hoping someone else might work it into their next mafia game.You just take any old mafia game, and you allow non-players to post their random suspicions in it. Very original, no?If that isn't enough, give some 'non-players' roles and watch the drama ensue.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Apr 06, 2002 5:15 pm

Post by mole »

Maybe we could combine it with Silent Mafia? Only the living players can talk. Only the dead players can vote.... Not too sure how it would work, though. I'll think about it.
mole is now sleeping with the fishes.
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2002 5:37 pm

Post by Chuck »

Spectators could be given something to do during the game by running a sort of stock trading game. ;When the game starts each spectator gets 100 shares of stock in each player playing in the Mafia game and maybe some starting cash. ;At the end of each day each spectator gets a ;1 dividend per share if the player is still alive. ;At the end of the game each spectator gets a ;10 bonus per share for each surviving player. ;During the game players can buy, sell, and trade stock by posting their buy and sell orders in the thread.So, for example, when Mafia players start voting for Mith then players holding Mith stock will put it up for sale cheap. ;Speculators who think he'll survive will buy it up. ;Then Pika the cop reveals himself and clears Mith. ;The speculators are now happy but start selling their Pika stock. ;Or maybe Mith gets lynched and his stock becomes worthless. ;Speculation is risky.Spectators can try to get information from the Mafia players and try to talk them into lynching people for whom they have no stock.At the end of the game the spectator with the most money wins the stock market portion of the game.
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2002 10:53 pm

Post by Luna »

I like JD's idea, especially the idea of non-player characters. The only other thing I'd add is that, obviously, players would all have to be sworn to secrecy and forbidden from discussing their role with ANYONE, in or out of the game.
"Call me a wimp or call me luna, but I figure if I'm gonna get screwed this game it might as well be by mith."
--Sketchwick
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 4:46 am

Post by Chuck »

I don't think that non-players with nothing to do but comment would work. ;Too few people would be interested in the game.How about Mafia roulette? ;Each non-player starts with the same amount of game money. ;All bets must be placed at night. ;There would be spaces on the layout for all living players, mafia - nonmafia spaces, and spaces for role types. ;Non-players would be betting on who or what dies in the night and/or in the next day lynch. ;The non-player with the most money at the end of the game wins the roulette part of the game.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:03 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Heh heh, I like both Chuck's stocks trading and roullette idea.A pick-your-stud type of deal ;
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 5:14 am

Post by Chuck »

Maybe non-players could buy roles in the game with their money if they acquire enough. ;Maybe even pick their own roles. ;If it costs a lot of cash to get in then it shouldn't imbalance the game and might even keep it fresh.
Muser
Muser
Townie
Muser
Townie
Townie

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 5:30 am

Post by Muser »

I was reading through some old posts and came across this one. I think the stock trading idea sounds like a blast! Did anyone ever try this? Maybe a mini game to test the idea would be appropriate. A mini would probably be good anyway, since you'd need both players and speculators.
[size=75]I guess it's over now 'cause I've never seen so much...never seen so much...never seen so much...BLOOD!

-Barenaked Ladies ("Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel")[/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:58 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Stock trading? Awesome! Sounds like an interesting idea. Hope someone does it (not me, working on discworld maf). I'd like to be a part of that.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Elayne
Elayne
Townie
Elayne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 02, 2002 10:59 am

Post by Elayne »

I used to read every mafia game running and sometimes wished I could go don't you see what IS and Quailman are doing!?!? They are mafia!
(That is a real example by the way...that was when mith was running like 6 small games and the winner played a second larger game). Of course, outsides weren't allowed to comment.

I like the idea of the a mafia game being open for spectators to make any comments they choose, as long as they have no outside knowlege (like the dead cop telling them who they checked). It would be interesting to see if the people playing listen to the non-players.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”