Limited Post Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:00 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Antrax, I wasn't trying to be clever or innovative. ;I just don't like mucking through endless circular arguments, sometimes missing the important one. ;I like playing mafia games, especially the themed one, and I did enjoy reading the earlier mafia games played on the GL. ;But in many of the mafia games I have played in recently I hardly tried to pay attention and keep up with them anymore because it's just too much to read. ;Quote dislike the basic idea of limiting your most potent, and often only, weapon, your postsI disagree. ;I think your most potent (but not only) weapon, should be your brain. ;Reason it out by what others are doing.Yes, I do think posts are necessary for defense, trickery, accusation, etc. ;Just not 4 pages of it in a day.And believe me, I really do appreciate your criticism. ;Helps me see it from different angles.
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:03 am

Post by VinnyQ »

And I don't even want to mod this game. ;I want to play it ;I am just throwing it out there.Say ... Antrax ... since you're not gonna playing in it ... would you like to mod it? ;If we get it tweaks and everything?
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:04 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, the problem with a brain is that you need information to feed to it. That's why information is good, as I keep stressing over and over again in various games in which people try to lynch me (coughBladerunnercough). If people are only allowed to post once every day, the brains will have very little to work with. Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:05 am

Post by Antrax »

Sure, I could mod it. But I'm not on the waiting list. Should I post there?Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Luna
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Luna
Goth Limey Chick
Goth Limey Chick

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:15 am

Post by Luna »

Quote Uhh, yes. I pointed to it above. I thought it was terrible.Sorry, my brain clearly isn't working today... where'd you point to it? is there a link?
"Call me a wimp or call me luna, but I figure if I'm gonna get screwed this game it might as well be by mith."
--Sketchwick
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:16 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Now we are talking Yeah, do sign up in the waiting list in place of me. ;I already made a request, just tell mith that you would be replacing me instead. ;I have never mod a game before, except in GLC.Let me throw the revised rules together again and see what we should change:16 players4 mafias2 cops1 doc6 townies3 masonswith the caveats that 1) ;the 4 mafias, though in the same family, only know one other member (but share the win) ;(-- really wants opinions on this one, Ant)e.g. ;maf1 maf2 know each other but not maf3 maf4and maf3 maf4 know each other but not maf1 maf2.and2) ;Players are only allow 3 verbal post allows per day. ;You may vote and unvote as much as you like. ;FOS, ROG, etc, are consider verbal post. ;Confirm vote to lock in your vote (unchangable) to end the day (if all votes are confirmed, the day will end ahead of time).3) ;Allow townies the ability to hide from nite kill 1 time, at their own choosingand 4) ... I am considering the possiblity of allowing the cops to work together, but that would mean it would take approx 8 nites to get roles of everybody, so ... about 4 nites (50% chance) of finding all the maf? ;Not sure about this one also, plz comment.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:18 am

Post by Antrax »

Vinny, got AIM? Yes, you do. Now, get on it, and IM me. (AntraxJ3)Antrax
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:18 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Hey, now that I think about it, I think my idea would still work, and I think that the game play would be somewhat different from Ant's focused maf. ;The main thing is that yes, the posts will be limited, but because of the rule where the mafioso doesn't know who some of their members are force them to be in the same boat as the townies. ;They have to figure out/guess what the roles are based on limited info, same as townies. ;I would prbly allow the mafia the choice to not make nite kills, and the kill will alternate between the two mafia group. ;The mod will have to inform the proper group at nite to make their kill.And I have decided against allowing the cops to work together.
CrystyB
CrystyB
Townie
CrystyB
Townie
Townie
Location: Romania, Balkans, Eastern Europe, Earth, Solar System, etc

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:23 pm

Post by CrystyB »

why don't you say two maf families? How else are they to decide the kill if they are actually 2 groups of 2? (or how are they able to kill one of their own for that matter?)
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:35 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Silent mafia no good. I played in 35A and modded 35B on the GL and thought it was little fun.Verbal diarrhea mafia no good either. Cough - Radwulf - cough.I sympathise with the idea, as I am also reluctant to wade through pages of posts per day in a single mafia game - let alone five at a time.I'll think about it and see whether I can come up with something.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”