Focused Mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:39 am

Post by Antrax »

Based on Vinny's idea for Limited Post Mafia, which I hated with all my heart, this game means to solve the issues Vinny originally addresses (long games with days that drag on forever, endless boring arguements, players getting confused with too much information) without hurting the town, as I thought his original setup will. The basic idea is simple. Any player may vote and unvote freely during the day as much as he likes. Once per day, any player may make an attack post, which is a post meant to accuse some other person of being mafia, or just to convince the town to vote for another person. Any person who had an attack post made about him, may post a defense post regarding that attack post. Again, once. This is basically it. You get the chance to defend yourself from accusations, but not random votes (which I'm assuming nobody will waste their attack votes on, and just use vote: xx instead), and if you want to counter-attack, it uses up your one attack post, so people can't go radwulf and attack the entire town at once. The only issue that needs to be dealt with is how to decide which posts are defensive, and which are offensive, but I trust your judgement, and more than that, I trust my own. Common sense works, I think. Feedback?I want to come up with a theme that'll explain how someone can attack someone else once, etc. Maybe Senate? Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 8:46 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Yah ;No more funny-haha and whimiscle comments about the weather. ;This sounds like a serious mafia game here. ;One that would send spasm of pains through your brain and searing hot stuff thru your digestive tracks.I like it
If you surrendered to the air, you could ride it. -- Toni Morrison
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:17 am

Post by VinnyQ »

Quote The only issue that needs to be dealt with is how to decide which posts are defensive, and which are offensive, but I trust your judgement, and more than that, I trust my ownor just make it a rule to label your post.e.g.**************************************Attack: ;AntraxPoint 1: ;His attack against Neo using CrapLogic are just that, Crap.Point 2: ;He claimed such and such on then and there, and this is entirely untrue because of such and such.Point 3: ;He smellsVote AntraxVinny****************************************************************************Defense: ;against VinnyPoint 1: ;Ok, time to spill the beans. ;I am a copPoint 2: ;My claims were based my investigation.Point 3: ;You got me there.Antrax**************************************Or something like that. ;Of course you can post what ever you like in your attacks and defenses, just labeled them as such. ;You can come up with the template for the labels.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 09, 2002 9:44 am

Post by Antrax »

Hm. I just realised in this scenario, nobody can defend anyone else. Maybe we could add the option for one general purpose post? I'm a cop, Antrax is innocent after someone attacks Antrax?Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
VinnyQ
VinnyQ
Watcher
VinnyQ
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Apr 10, 2002 6:06 am

Post by VinnyQ »

I got a suggestion, Ant.All players will have the three following actions each day.  They may or may not use all three.1)  Motion for Extermination.  (An attack on somebody, only 1 allows per day)2)  Defend against a specific Motion (as many as there are against you)3)  Appeal for Reconsideration (defend a player other than yourself, only 1 allows per day).And of course players can still vote and unvote as much as they like. ;I don't think there should be a General Purpose post at all.What da ya think?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”