Newbie mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2002 3:00 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

for the Brunchers: in the GL we run separate mafia games for people who have never played mafia before - this to stop them screwing up a regular mafia game and hget some experience first.So far, I have seen no effort on this site to cater for newbies. We assume that everyone here has mafia experience. Is this true? any thoughts?
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2002 5:05 am

Post by Antrax »

I think the Theory section is newbie-friendly... and I don't think we need newbie games in a MAFIA message board, not any more than we have chestnut-solving lessons on the GL.Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Chuck
Chuck
Goon
Chuck
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 12:24 pm

Post by Chuck »

I don't think the rules against out-of-thread discussion were ever made clear.  Wasn't that the main problem with newbies?During my first game I heard about the rule from people discussing it in GL Central.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 2:34 pm

Post by Neo »

I'd assumed the mini-games were for new mods and for newer players to get some experiance....I could be wrong...
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 4:17 pm

Post by mith »

Yeah, there were really two purposes to the Mini Games - it gives mods and players a chance at something simple (not that mole's dethy^2 game is that simple), and it gives players an opportunity to stay alive in one game at all times.Right now, most of the players have already played before on one of the boards; if that changes, and it becomes clear that newbie games will help, there's no reason they can't be started.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:00 pm

Post by Neo »

Umm....I can't say mine will be simple either......
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”