The Serial Killer

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Pudd'nhead Wilson
Townie
Townie

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2002 10:07 pm

Post by Pudd'nhead Wilson »

I recently looked over the Grey Labyrinth's list of past mafia games. ;They have listed who modded, how big it was, what the theme was (they play a lot of theme games there), and who won. ;So far they've racked up more than forty games, almost fifty in fact. ;And as I was reading through the list, I noticed a very telling statistic: not once has a serial killer ever won. ;So the question I put before you is: Is winning as a Serial Killer an impossible dream? ;If so, what could be done to even the odds, and make the SK a faction capable of challenging the Mafia and Town?
Behold, the fool saith, Put not all thine eggs in the one basket--which is but a manner of saying, Scatter your money and your attention; but the wise man saith, put all your eggs in the one basket and--WATCH THAT BASKET.
Neo
Neo
Goat
Neo
Goat
Goat

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2002 2:17 am

Post by Neo »

I think it's possible for the SK to win in MG3....
"Bah. I knew sleeping with DP would turn out to be a bad idea..." --quercitron, Old West Mafia.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2002 4:50 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

I like it the way it is. Its the Ultimate Challenge role. Whoever pulls it off should get alike a fancy prize.If not at least a lot of notoriety.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Artist Formerly Known as
Artist Formerly Known as
Townie
Artist Formerly Known as
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Fri May 03, 2002 1:22 pm

Post by Artist Formerly Known as »

The SK is a biotch of a role, it'd seem. ;In my opinion, every side should have a roughly equal chance of winning. ;Look at Brunchmafia III. ;There are two Mafia families of four, and a saboteur who wins if either family wins, out of a total of 34. ;In other words, the saboteur wins something like 75% of the time.
Become a really hot chick and date mith and you'll get the same treatment.-Neo
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun May 12, 2002 1:49 pm

Post by jeep »

I've been thinking about this a lot. ;I have to agree with AFKAD. ;Each side should have a decent chance of winning and I don't think that your run-of-the-mill SK has that chance. ;I think I have a 12 player game that might have a SK role that can win. ;I'll look it over some more and maybe I'll try it.-JEEP

Return to “Mafia Discussion”