Mudster! About backwards mafia: feel free to respond by 2005

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mudster! About backwards mafia: feel free to respond by 2005

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 3:53 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

Wanna at least explain what was happening or was supposed to happen?
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:02 am

Post by Corsato »

~~ agrees ~~

The least you could do is officially declare the game a draw, and reveal the roles and intentions.
ralphmerridew
ralphmerridew
Goon
ralphmerridew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Sep 01, 2002 1:04 pm

Post by ralphmerridew »

I was talking to mudster on IRC and convinced him to give out the roles.

DIn = Descriptive Investigation
DIr = Descriptive Investigator = tells a person's role or some info at least
MIn = Mafia Investigation
MIr = Mafia Investigator = Checks for cops/townie/mafia
CIn = Cop Investigation
CIr = Cop Investigator = Checks for cops/townie/mafia

Ex-convict (Oda): Every other night you talk to ghosts and can investigate a person. Having been in custody before, you know that the cops are evil. Thanks to your ethereal friends, you also know that the mafia are on the town's side. Can only reveal this once you have searched at least one mafia and one cop. You are townsfolk.
DIn: Bad person
MIn: Townie
CIn: Mafia

Homeless Dude (Willis): Every night you may check people's garbage and receive clues on a person's role or walk around town and fumble into anybody (randomly chosen) that's doing any business in the night and interrupt them. You also cannot die. Hurt, yes. But never die. You are townsfolk.
DIn: Homeless guy
CIn: Townie

Bachelor (Jack): Every other night you would hang out at the local bar. Can attempt to brawl with a person on the nights you go to the bar. If you do, you will find out whether the person has a gun or not, but cannot say anything on the next day (spends the day in the hospital). You are townsfolk.
DIn: Bachelor

Medical Doctor (Dr. Anne): You are able to protect one person (except yourself) every other night (your choice when this begins). That person will end up in the hospital the following day. You can also find the details of any one person in the hospital on a night that you are not protecting anybody.
DIn: Doctor

=======================

There are 4 Mafias in each family. You are to find the cop and kill them. You are working FOR the town. You don't know whether the other family is also working for the town. Once a night, you can decide to kill (or not) somebody with a standard issue .45 colt. You have to say who is going to attempt the murder. The person sent CANNOT use any special abilities if he/she has any.

Antonio Domingo: Every night you go around trying to sell things to others, but infact you are investigating for the mafia to find a cop
DIn: Mafia
MIn: Mafia

Luciano Domingo: You are the GodFather of this family. Any investigation against you will not work. Your role however if checked will be as a Businessman
DIn: Businessman

April Domingo: You get to protect one person every other night (your choice when this begins). But you can't protect yourself. And that person will end up in the hospital the next day.

Eva Carrera: Every night you go around trying to sell things to others, but infact you are investigating for the mafia to find a cop.

Maria Carrera: You are the Godfather/(Godmother?) of this family. Any investigation against you will not work. Your role however if checked will be as a Businessman
DIn: Businessman

Ricardo Carrera: You get to protect one person every other night (your choice when this begins). But you can't protect yourself. And that person will end up in the hospital the next day.

Luigi Domingo/Mario Carrera: You know who both the families are. But infact, you are a mole, working for the cops. The cops don't know who you are, and you of them. Every other night, you will give a name to me and I will pass this to one of the officers (Jackworth, Minny or Frederick) of your choice. However, if investigated, you will be found to be mafia.

=======================
The Cops are evil in this mafia game. Only the mafia and the mafia traitor knows this... but other players may find out. You don't care about the town. You can choose whatever weapon you want, because you can plant evidence at the scene of the crime.

Cop (NSA agent Jackworth): You are part of a 3 cop group. Each night you will choose whether to kill or investigate a person. You must choose who is going to do this important venture. You and your cohorts also had inserted a traitor among the 2 mafia families. You win when the mafias are killed (except the traitor).
DIn: Cop
MIn: Cop
CIn: Cop

Cop (FBI Agent Minny): You are part of a 3 cop group. Each night you will choose whether to kill or investigate a person. You must choose who is going to do this important venture. You and your cohorts also had inserted a traitor among the 2 mafia families. You win when the mafias are killed (except the traitor).

Cop (CIA agent Frederick): You are part of a 3 cop group. Each night you will choose whether to kill or investigate a person. You must choose who is going to do this important venture. You and your cohorts also had inserted a traitor among the 2 mafia families. You win when the mafias are killed (except the traitor).

=======================

Masons
X-files Club (A9, B3, C6, D1, E8) [You guys don't use your real names]
Each night the five of you decide what to do:
1. Choose a volunteer among you to follow a player of your choice around town and attempt to interrupt him/her. **If that person is able to kill, you have a chance to die.
2. Do a seance (a sort of investigation) on one person. **You will not get a role, but rather characteristics of the player: He's evil, good, etc.
DIn: Weird Person
MIn: Town
CIn: Town

=======================

Private Detective (Gomez): Every night you get to choose one dead person each night and will learn about (almost) anything that that person had learnt.
DIn: Private Investigator
CIn: Town
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:14 pm

Post by Corsato »

So the cops were evil indead.
I still feel disappointed about the outcome of the game. I had fun playing, and I believe it would be interesting. I think the above proves that Mudster is very well capable of putting together ineteresting maf games (look at mafia 48 on the GL, which he created with mole). To bad it wasn't finished.

I was Dr. Anne...
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:48 pm

Post by Antrax »

I never understood why the cops were "evil" in that game -- their winning condition was to eliminate the mafia, and they could investigate at night. Granted, they got a kill, but it seems really pointless to just call them "evil" when killing the town was not part of their winning condition. (I was originally a cop, then quit the game after mudster accidently sent me the roles of half the people in the game).
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Sep 06, 2002 1:40 am

Post by Corsato »

It makes no sense I know. But the confusion was fun.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”