I get lynched early because...

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Why do you lynch cuban smoker on the first/second day?

Total votes: 0

cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

I get lynched early because...

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2002 6:37 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I've noticed an interesting phenomenon recently. When I first joined the board, I got a lot of mafia roles, and I won with most of them. (See Minigame 13, Focused Mafia, etc.) IRL, I consider myself a very good mafia player.

Now, recently, I've been getting a lot of townie roles. I'm also getting lynched on the first or second day a disproportionate amount of times (see Minigame 16, Mafia 5, Mafia 6).

For the sake of improving my online game, the question I have for you munchkins is... why?

(note: if you have at any time voted for me, pick the most prevalent reason, and be honest, I'm trying to improve the overall quality of my game! If you give me constructive criticism, maybe I won't annoy you so much :o )
jesternl
jesternl
Townie
jesternl
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:34 am

Post by jesternl »

well you don't seem particularly annoying to me.... However you do seem suspicious to me a lot of times... maybe it's just that you are quite vocal and some people don't know what to make of that..
I think it's just random phases.. I got killed a lot for a while on the first or second day (or night) but I don't think there's anything behind it, just randomness.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:02 pm

Post by Gaspode »

I'm not sure if I've ever voted for you, but I know one reason why you get lynched.
Do NOT switch bandwaggons to me. I was the first person to unvote Dragon Slayer when I realized that my logic made no sense. Check that, the ONLY one who unvoted Dragon Slayer.

And, in mafia 5, you made a role claim that went something like this: DOCTOR DOCTOR AAAHHHHH DON'T LYNCH ME I'M A DOC YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

In regards to the first quote (from mafia 6), many people thought it was a paranoid mafia move, since you only had one vote against you. I suggest that you wait until a situation gets dangerous before you make a post like that. And as for the second thing, well, as Polotet said, it looked like a confused scum post. I'll admit that I sort of agreed with that idea at the time.

Those are my thoughts, take 'em for what they're worth. Those two situations just stuck out in my mind. I think people just aren't 100% used to your playing style (especially relative newbies like me). Sorry to be pessimistic, but this might just be a "
vote: IS
teehee" type of thing.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2002 4:35 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Because it's fun :lol: !
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:34 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Thanks for the input guys :) I was worried that my style was ineffective, but I see I just need to work on being less :twisted:.

Well... we will see how this plays out.
Porro
Porro
Townie
Porro
Townie
Townie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2002 5:14 pm

Post by Porro »

Nah, it's the anti-smoking lobby that's doin' you in.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”