IRL Mafia Club

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

IRL Mafia Club

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:59 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Has anyone ever i) started one, ii) played in one, or iii) even know of one existing in their general area?

A few friends of mine and myself are thinking of starting a club like the Princetion brotherhood, and I was wondering whether any of you guys had any first-hand advice and/or anecdotes.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:02 am

Post by Antrax »

We used to play mafia on the 10th grade, it was a good way of learning each other's names. Then we played it on field trips, then it lost its popularity to such activities as poker and mtg. I doubt you could find many adults to agree play it IRL, it's much stupider in real life.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:15 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Well, I must disagree with your last statement. I'm, only 19, 2nd year university, but I know of many people who enjoy the game. It's just difficult getting them in the same room at the same time. I figured a university club would be a good way to do it. I started back in grade 10 as well, and played it in overnight buses on trips, sure, but I also know that in the 18-22 range there are still plenty of people who like the game. Take Princeton for instance.

Anyway, I find the IRL game more interesting. Sure, there's less room for rule variations and new roles, but the pyschological and pyhsiological aspects of the IRL game that are all but lost online are much better in my opinion.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:37 am

Post by Antrax »

When we played it IRL, it was a shouting match, more or less. Often a stupidity parade, with such staggering arguements such as "let's kill Baruchi (name) because he's a fatuchi (nonsense word)", etc.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:53 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Indeed... Most games I've played in, even recently, are civilized, and full of fairly decent logic. I only had to prevent physcial violence once. Shouting is never a problem... Oh well. Thanks for the heads up though, maybe we'll have a policy to keep the riff-raff out. :P
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 11, 2002 11:42 am

Post by Antrax »

Oh, don't. It's great fun. Especially if alcohol is involved.
Antrax
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:11 pm

Post by jeep »

I've never played IRL, but it sounds like it resembles a mob much more than the on-line version does...

-JEEP
MatthewV
MatthewV
Ninja
MatthewV
Ninja
Ninja

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:47 pm

Post by MatthewV »

nice thing about the internet is that you can get a tought out without someone interrupting you. Bad thing about is that it takes along time for a game to be completed.
Disclaimer: This informatin may not be used against me in any way, shape, size or form.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”