Vampire Mafia?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Vampire Mafia?

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:20 pm

Post by mneme »

How about Vampire?

Not simply a themed Mafia game like werewolf is; something like this: each Vampire can kill one townie per night, while Dracula (the Master Vampire) can turn a townie into a vampire once every two or three nights [but the first bite is visible]. [a small game would start out with just Dracula; a larger one could have more vampires and be consumately more bloody]. If the Master Vampire is lynched (or Slain?) , all vampires die and the town is saved.

And then you can throw a Vampire Hunter or two into the mix, or some other pro-townie killing role.
mith
mith
Godfather
mith
Godfather
Godfather

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Jan 30, 2003 3:04 am

Post by mith »

If the Master Vampire is lynched (or Slain?) , all vampires die and the town is saved.

This is a bad idea, because the outcome of the game relies far too much on that one role. Otherwise, this could work, I think.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:45 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

I completely agree with mith. But not a bad concept otherwise :)
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Gaspode
Gaspode
Old school
Gaspode
Old school
Old school

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 05, 2003 10:23 am

Post by Gaspode »

This looks pretty cool. In fact, there was a recruiting vampire mafia in amb's Designer Mafia on the GL, and it worked pretty well. A whole game based around that kind of thing should be great.
mneme
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
mneme
emneme mneme mninie mno
emneme mneme mninie mno

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:13 am

Post by mneme »

Hmm. Good point about the "master vampire" relying too much on that one role -- I was trying to figure out how to balance out the recruiting aspect, since a simple "one recruit per night; one lynching per day" is always a win for the vampires even if you never lynch any innocents.

What about something like this is a minigame model:

1 Master Vampire: (can recruit one new vampire by biting them twice in a row. Those biten know they were biten, but not by who. Alt: those bitten will "change" in 2 (or 3?) turns, but the MV can bite a new person every night)
1 Vampire Slave (just another vampire, since there won't be another one for two turns)
1 Vampire Hunter: Cop.
1 Vampire Slayer: Vigilante, cannot be killed at night. Can be turned.
2 Scoobies: mason group.
1 Witch: Can restore someone who has been biten from being turned. Or save someone
from being killed. But not both in the same night.
1 Rogue Vampire: Psycho Killer.
4 Townsfolk

The vampires will kill as well as turn every night, of course (but won't turn once the MV has been killed).

I'm guessing this is too "role heavy", though I've seen MG's that were worse.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”