Plea bargaining.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
PolarBoy
PolarBoy
Sir Not-Appearing-In-This-Mafia
PolarBoy

Plea bargaining.

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:07 am

Post by PolarBoy »

Hey, I've been playing intrigue mafia and watching mini 26. And I was wondering: Do people often confess to being mafia? I admit in Rubberduck's case(See Mafia 10) whether he is or he isn't he thought that post was part of a good plan to avoid being lynched, but with Cuban Smoker(see mini 26) he was so cornered that he just came out and told them straight that he was the Godfather. Are there any cases where somebody claimed to be mafia and
wasn't
lynched?
MUNSCM Delegate for the United Kingdom
Check out the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?HomePage]ScumWiki[/url], and while you're at it, check out [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?DocumentModeMafia]DocumentModeMafia[/url]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 9:26 am

Post by cuban smoker »

I think there have been instances where there were 2 mafia families, and maybe a serial killer, and the town realized it was not in their best interest to lynch a confessed/100% guaranteed mafia because the town would ultimately lose. Instead, a different approach was taken, hoping that the mafia/SK would finish each other off.

That's a little different than plea bargaining, but its a start.
Antrax
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
Antrax
mith owns mafiascum.net
mith owns mafiascum.net

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Mar 17, 2003 11:56 am

Post by Antrax »

I've done it twice that I can recall -- once in Star Wars mafia to spread confusion (and it worked, they assumed I want to be lynched and lynched a good guy) and once in Blade Runner mafia (having been revealed by a bladerunner, forcing me to the shift to the "convince people I'm not evil" strategy). That's why I like mafia, everything's possible.
Antrax
"No matter it's right and wrong. It's not your turn to criticise me!" - Shing Kwun, "The Evil Cult"

Return to “Mafia Discussion”