I need help with a game

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Do you like this game

No it sucks
17%
No it will never work
No votes
Its ok it'll work
83%
I like it alot
No votes

Total votes: 6

bloodpet
bloodpet
Watcher
bloodpet
Watcher
Watcher

I need help with a game

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:26 pm

Post by bloodpet »

I mod a mafia game on a different site and I was considering these roles:
Godfather
Mafia
Mafia/sibling
psychopath
Insane cop/sibling
cowardly reporter
cop normal
doctor/psychiatrist
commuter
nurse
traitor
Mason leader-has abullet proof vest so he can resist one night attack or one wrong pick he can recruit during the night but do nothing more the only way the masons win is if everybody left is a mason.
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie
Townie

All those not described are using the rules recommended by this site now I would like to know if any of you see a flaw in the game and if you see it how I can go about fixing it. I am relatively new at this and would scincerely appreciate whatever help I could get.
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 12:06 am

Post by Dourgrim »

Game looks pretty close to balanced to me... the recruiting Masons should really be called a Cult (that's how Cults work pretty much), and I assume by "psychopath" you mean "Serial Killer".

I will say this, though: the Town is pretty much hosed if the Cult gets lucky on its first one or two recruits, something that isn't all that unlikely, to be honest, especially considering the Cult Leader has a one-time protection against bad luck. You might want to consider taking that protection away from the Leader to give the Town a fighting chance.

YMMV, of course... good luck modding! :)
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Fri Oct 31, 2003 6:12 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Mafia numbers are fine, although you need to clarify what abilities the Godfather has. Dourgrim is right about the "mason". A recruiting mason group with domination as a win condition is actually working against the town, and is called a cult.

You have to also decide how recruiting will work. Does the recuirt lose abilities? Gain? Can you recruit mafia? etc.

If you make the cult too powerful, it will have an almost guaranteed win since the town doesn't have a vigilante.
bloodpet
bloodpet
Watcher
bloodpet
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2003 5:02 am

Post by bloodpet »

Ok thanks for the help guys. I think the cult will be passive(incapable of killing). THey will merely recruit as many as they can and try to sway the lynch votes so they end up being the last ones left. I will take away the leaders protection as well. The godfather will merel be the person who sends me the vote of the mafia and his only plus will be that he will appear to be a citizen when investigated. I was also toying with the idea of giving each townie a speech impediment what do you think? Oh yea and the Psycopath is not just an SK because though they are alike in every way the one difference is that if the doctor chooses to protect the psycopath than the psycopath will turn into a normal citizen.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”